Author Topic: How to get training films  (Read 1166 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: duelling arena
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »
<snip>
The dueling arena is where the best sticks in the game hang out.  <snip>

Just had to laugh at that.   :lol
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Hollywood

• Zinc Member
Re: How to get training films
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 11:36:24 PM »
Just went to try F3 in offline mode to try it out.  I prefer the crosshairs, at least there isn't a plane in the way when your trying to shoot.  I think one of the reasons the better pilots are in the dueling arena is the engagements/hour ratio, more engagements = more experience = better pilots.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 12:34:26 AM »
I think one of the reasons the better pilots are in the dueling arena is the engagements/hour ratio, more engagements = more experience = better pilots.

You can't generalize that. Yes, mroe hours do help, but a lot depends also on the quality of experience. You can fly for years in an area consisting mainly on ho & runs without getting any better.

I remember when H2H went down. We had a lot of pilots that had spend thousands of hours there exclusively.. and when they came to MA, they didn't stand a chance.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 01:25:04 AM »
Always wondered how I got repeatedly hit by seemingly low percentage shots.  Guess I was the only one in the DA not flying in F3 mode.  Not planning on going back.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Hollywood

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 03:14:37 PM »
Okay, time for somebody else to post a film or two.  Don't worry we won't critique your flying skills unless you want us to.  How about a ride along with your favorite ace?  If you want you can email a film to me and I will upload it to my rapidshare account and post the link.  Help make Aces High better by contributing to the community and helping other learners.