Author Topic: Air Start Mission  (Read 778 times)

Offline Cheese

• Copper Member
Air Start Mission
« on: January 05, 2011, 05:36:52 PM »
OK,

To put it bluntly, I need to work on my gunnery...it stinks.  I have Ranger's Missions, but if you collide, lawn dart, or even kill all the bad guys, I have to reset it and waste 3-5 minutes to get back in the action.

Does anyone have a quick and dirty air start 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 mission where I can pick either my plane and the enemy plane and just practice? 

I have looked through all the player missions and couldnt find one, and even tried to create one myself with the ME, but haven't had much luck.

Thanks in advance,

Cheese
Pigs on the Wing - Wing II
It's not Easy to be Cheesy!

Offline Cheese

• Copper Member
Re: Air Start Mission
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 07:05:31 PM »
I take from the lack of response that an airstart mission is impossible?  Yet we are doing that in the Battle over germany event?

Any hints or clues  on how to do this Offline? 

Any info would be appreciated, even if it's "No Way - Can't be done".

Thank you,

Cheese

PS - I did get USRanger's template, and can at least use different planes.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:26:38 PM »
You just described the two different types of air starts.  The first is when an air spawn is built directly into the terrain by its designer.  This would show up as a normal takeoff direction on the clipboard at a specified base.  The Germany terrain has these.  This type will have no bearing on an offline mission, as they don't use those clipboard takeoff directions.

Then there's the 2nd, is the offline mission type.  This is done by simply starting your mission segments off at a chosen height instead of normal ground level.  So if you have a mission's .mis file, you can open it up in the editor and raise the segments up to the desired height instead of taking off on the runway.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Cheese

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »
Awesome!  Thanks Ranger - I'm just starting to tinker with the offline missions, and appreciate the pointers.

:salute

Cheese