Author Topic: most fun firearm you've ever shot?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: most fun firearm you've ever shot?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 10:38:28 PM »
AK-74.  Smoother and more accurate then a 47.  AR-15s are good fun too.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »
Does the 120mm main gun on the M1A1 count? Cause damn!!

On the wwwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

Target destroyed...cease fire.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
For me there's 2, my uncle owned them both, first was an Uzi, full not mini, that was a lot of fun to shoot, I was very surprised by how smooth it fired, almost no recoil, 2nd would be a .44 magnum with 9in barrel, now that thing had one hell of a kick to it, I was about 14 the first time I fired it, almost jumped right out of my hands.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 11:45:49 PM »
It would have to be my grandpas authentic Luger he had. This thing was beat to hell, it had a hair tie holding one side of the grip on, but you could feel the history with each shot.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 11:56:35 PM »
MK-19, Abram 120mm, bradley 25mm, M2 is rly fun2
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
22 chipmunk @age 7
22 remington pump action @age9
20 gauge @ age 9
12 gauge @ age 10  :t my most fun moments of my hunting life  :t
30-30 @ age 12 landed 1st n 2nd moose, 4 or 5 caribou, 1 Bear <SHHH!>
270@ age  16
30-06 @age 17
my pops had a 45cal pistol <wicked>

greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 07:08:26 AM »
MK-19, Abram 120mm, bradley 25mm, M2 is rly fun2
No live AT4s? When we had our AT4 burn off in korea my CO said......"I be havin' that"  :rofl

Seen an Abrams fire from a good distance away.....still felt it in my chest lol
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 07:25:49 AM »
No live AT4s? When we had our AT4 burn off in korea my CO said......"I be havin' that"  :rofl

Seen an Abrams fire from a good distance away.....still felt it in my chest lol

In my early years in the Navy I had been an EP2 Operator on a 5"/54 MK 45 Gun Mount for years and never appreciated the full force of the percussion until I was standing topside to hear it one day,  :lol
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:32:30 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 07:47:06 AM »
Rifle--- SigSauer SSG3000 (you can feel every hour the engineers at Sig put into it when you shoot that thing)
Full auto is a toss up---MP5 / Thompson
Shotgun--My Parker s/s and My Beretta Sporting Clays O/U
Handgun----  My EGW built IPSC .45  and my Ruger Superblackhawk ( scoped w/10 1/2"bbl ) always make me smile.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 08:22:29 AM »
AK-47, hands down. Once hit a squirrel with it, first shot of the day at my uncles house (about 7-8 acres), couldn't stop laughing.

You kill small animals with an automatic weapon and laugh? You scare me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people owning guns and protecting themselves (my youngest daughter was held up at gunpoint several years ago in our local town). Immaturity and guns don't mix.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »
My 3 band Enfield
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
You kill small animals with an automatic weapon and laugh? You scare me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people owning guns and protecting themselves (my youngest daughter was held up at gunpoint several years ago in our local town). Immaturity and guns don't mix.
Most people don't know how they would react if someone they knew was shot, being unsafe with any weapon makes me mad when I see it.

+1
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 08:39:24 AM »
My dad's 1915 Mosin Nagant, an M-60 on full auto...had a blast with that bad boy and a folding stock AK-47.

Hands down the most fun weapons I have ever had the privilege of firing and cleaning.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 08:47:08 AM »
Well I wouldn't want to do it again, but I'm glad I got the chance to pull the trigger on a .300 weatherby mag once. I got back up off my butt, handed him his gun back and thanked him for the experience.

Not sure it really classify's as fun though.

Thompson Center Contender in .44 12" barrel shooting Silver dollar sized groups at 50 yards, that was fun.

Busting crows at 400 plus yards with .243 and handloads for sure rocked.
( boat tailed hollow points, 60 grain bullets, 30 grains of dupont 3031 screamed them out there)

Shooting a Jackrabbit in the head at 150 yards with a single shot from my Ruger 10/22 & iron sights ranks well up there.

Shooting a crow at 50 yards with a single shot from 22 pistol was good, not sure who was more surprised, him or me.

Putting a .45 round ball clean through a power pole with black powder rifle was an eye opener.

6 Partridges with 5 shots spaced so close together that my dad a 1/4 mile away said it sounded like one long roll of thunder was pretty fun too. Lots of good stuff over the years

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »
Well I wouldn't want to do it again, but I'm glad I got the chance to pull the trigger on a .300 weatherby mag once. I got back up off my butt, handed him his gun back and thanked him for the experience

:rofl  I had the same experiance with a Rigby double rifle chambered in 500 Nitro Express,to this day i think my shoulder is still sore from it!! (I was wearing a Tshirt at the time, Darwin award winning move there )

I had the same reaction, handed it back to him, smiled and said thank you for letting me try it.(after explaining to him why his rifle should be on wheels and towed behind a jeep.) All the while trying to keep from screaming in pain.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:09:10 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.