Author Topic: <S> VF-15  (Read 544 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
<S> VF-15
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »
The most excellent fight I have ever been involved in.  The most fun I have ever had in Aces High and Warbirds and Airwarrior!
Our LA7's (Arabian Knights) battled with you boys in your A8's and 109K's in a fight that seemed to go on forever and drained the last of my cannons when I oiled Cerebus as he fired on Peppr.  Cannons gone, I dove to the deck and dodged trees for 5 minutes with someone in hot pursuit.  Who were you sir  :salute ?.  You must have pinged me 15 different times.  I had grass stains on my paint when I landed!

Thank you thank you thank you VF-15!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Re: <S> VF-15
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
Those are great night and last in your memory for years.  :aok
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:42:51 AM »
 :salute  Zoney

I don't know who it was but your message will be past along to the other guys!
thank you!!! :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »
<S> Zoney!  Last night was a great time for all of us too.  You guys did a great job tying us up and draining our guns as well.  By the time the IL's showed up, we were low on rounds, and low in numbers.  I had to break off and fly to A6 to rearm in the middle of the attack cause I had no rounds left either. 

It figures I didnt save film from last night... but I am sure Cerberus did.  I was his wingman last night and saw when he got hit.  I was screaming at him to follow me out and RTB to A6... but he turned back in and kept fighting.  Did my best to keep him clear, but with no rounds left, there wasn't much I could do but scare people  :D

A big <S> to the AK's... and the rest of your strike package at A7.   :salute

***G3-MF***

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »
Zoney

It was I, in a 109K4, which followed you for 6 to 8 miles after your engagement with Cerberus. I drained my MG's showering you with BB's as I chased you across the landscape at Weed-top level. Then, as I sent out my last pellets of love, the radio crackled and the reports of massive numbers of IL-2's started to flood the airwaves. Being out of MG's, but sill having 35 rounds of cannons, I disengaged and returned to base.

As I came over A7 I was amazed by the sea of red twisting and turning everywhere. But as I dove in for what I was sure would be a plethora of easy kills, I was stymied by the icons popping on and off as planes dipped below 500 feet (Not sure what that was about) and I only got to squeeze off a couple of rounds before I was hit and my cannon was jammed. I tried to press the fight and burn opposition E so someone else would have an easy mark, but alas I was chased down by 4 IL-2's that knocked out my engine.
As I attempted to make an emergency landing at the heavily capped, and de-acked airfield, a group of 8 IL-2's pounced and I was vulched just as my wheels touched the tarmac. <Exploded>

At first I was distraught, as the responsibility for planning the defense of A7 was mine, and I despaired that my plan had been flawed. But upon reviewing the logs, and reading, and hearing, some after-action reports, I’m coming to the realization that we were simply overwhelmed by three massive and renowned squads; and that the VF-15 should stand tall because we made a good showing in the face of difficult, no, I correct that, In the face of overwhelming odds.

Salute to the Arabian Knights, the SwampDragons, and 9GAIP. Well done.

-InCrypt.
>
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »
<S> InCrypt. Fantastic stuff mate.  I was doing everything I could to make you smack a tree  :x :joystick: or the ground, or anything but me.  You guys did really good.  You have a squad to be proud of sir.  :salute

Wag more, bark less.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 02:24:30 PM »
<<S>> Zoney and your squad (AKs) as well as the Swampdragons & 9GIAP.  You guys really turned the screws to us.  When you got my oil, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it to A6.  I turned in to A7 in hopes I could make the runway.  All of a sudden, the IL2s showed up. 

AKP on the horn trying to get me out I felt I had no choice.   After hanging out in the tower for a while apologizing to AKP for not following his guidance, I thought, "why didn't I try an emergency landing at town"?

I also learned that IL2s won't go down with just BBs alone and my pursuit over a deacked field was a foolish idea.   

Considering the squads we faced, it was an honorable fight and one I won't forget anytime soon.  Well fought guys.  Last night was a blast!!!

:cheers:
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »
Us AK's were the fighter sweep.  The plan was to intercept the defense about 4-6 mins before the Main attack force came.  When we first got there, u guys had the upper had.  U had Alt and Numbers.  I think u had 23?  We only had 13.  It also looked like u had 3 groups.  First group being the 190's, then the yaks, and finally the K4's.  Wasn't to worried about the yaks and K4's as I knew they would be limited on ammo.  Was more worried about the 190's.  I tried to concentrate more on the 190's and getting them wounded or dead before the IL2's showed up.  By the looks of it, that is exactly what happened. 

As Hanibal Smith always said "Love it when a plan comes together"  Hehehehe.

<S> :salute :cheers: :aok :banana:
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/