Author Topic: ship guns  (Read 631 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
ship guns
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »
This has been going on for a while now. Fleet graphics are terrible. tracer rounds coming from ship guns are coming out of the water no where near a ship. Planes still appearing off to the side of the cv when landing and taking off. gun muzzles missing from turrents.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: ship guns
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:35:22 PM »
+1 for fix
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
I have seen that from time to time but what gets me is when some guys will take off from the deck, then 1-2 will take off on the right side of the island over the water... :salute

+1 on the fix.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
I believe it has to do with lag and is amplified by the fact that the TG is moving.  From the tower, I've seen guys land at an airbase, tower out in the dirt to the side of the runway, and say they were right on the center stripe.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »
fix the intardnet now!!1!

:noid
 :bolt:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »
I believe it has to do with lag and is amplified by the fact that the TG is moving.  From the tower, I've seen guys land at an airbase, tower out in the dirt to the side of the runway, and say they were right on the center stripe.
Never came across that issue but lag causes your path to jump or "warp" in the direction you are traveling. These are not "Warps" or jumps, and they are taking off beside the CV. If it was lag, it would make sense if they were taking off behind the CV. Thinking maybe something possibly with the physics of the game engine and how lower latency connections are handled by the system... :salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
Ok, so it might not be lag.  Perhaps it's the difference between the "world" in their frontend versus the "world" in your frontend.  Could simply be his data says the CV is at 12345.6789 and yours says it should be at 12345.6778.  This, by the way, is also why people whine about collisions...but that's addressed in 1.56x10200 other threads.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
fix the intardnet now!!1!

:noid
 :bolt:

wrongway

Seriously why hasn't HTC created faster then light information travel?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 06:22:54 PM »
Why exactly would latency show planes off the SIDE of the carrier?  I would understand if they were behind it, but that's not what happens.  Also, the vast majority of the time multiple planes launch at the same moment, they are in the exact same spot, unless those guys all have lightspeed connections I would say lag has little to do with the issue.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"