Author Topic: Does Hitech plan to rotate maps at all?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Does Hitech plan to rotate maps at all?
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
I like the new changes to how the towns are captured even if the % of buildings required down should be a bit higher.  BUT

Even with bases being easier to take we aren't seeing maps rotated.  I know some may not mind playing the same maps for months on end but I really liked how we use to get a fresh map after titanic tuesday.

Are these days over? I can't be alone in missing them.

Am I going to lose sleep? no
But gameplay is not as interesting IMO :confused:

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Does Hitech plan to rotate maps at all?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:11:57 PM »
Im usually not one to bother for what map i fly on. but Orange's Trinity needs the boot soon. how long? two months of the same map? even my limits being stretched for this one...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
This is what happens when the dev's. don't play the game.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:38:41 PM by sunfan1121 »
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:30:53 PM »
There was a secret meeting held in Grapevine where it was decided to do everything possible to make the player base complain more.  First on the list was no map rotation.  Neutering the LW planes even more was second.  Third was using Lusche's idea as a shield to irritate folks when the two latewars go to one late night.

Watch 200 and you can see their fiendish plan is working! :)

If you don't watch out, Skuzzy is going to accidentally on purpose trip over the power cable at a time when the most perk planes are in the air too. :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
Even with bases being easier to take we aren't seeing maps rotated. 

Heh.

- oldman

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:41:23 PM »

Heh.

- oldman
they are :lol but now the problem is that all three sides wont work strategically enough for enough time to actually finish off the map's 40% for both countries. when the rooks took 60% of nitland, the bish knocked the rooks out. The next two days has the rooks and bish pushed back but then the bish pushed the nits. the next day, the nits pushed back and the rooks kicked the nits butts all over. the next day... sheesh its ring around the rosy without the all falling down... YET. :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 11:42:53 PM »
Third was using Lusche's idea as a shield to irritate folks when the two latewars go to one late night.

I knew it... I'm just a pawn in a greater game for power  :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »
they are :lol but now the problem is that all three sides wont work strategically enough for enough time to actually finish off the map's 40% for both countries. when the rooks took 60% of nitland, the bish knocked the rooks out. The next two days has the rooks and bish pushed back but then the bish pushed the nits. the next day, the nits pushed back and the rooks kicked the nits butts all over. the next day... sheesh its ring around the rosy without the all falling down... YET. :aok

LOL only one thing to do.  Apparently HTC is paving the way for the B29 and NUKES!  Since the crowd no longer has the desire or will to actually win the map, it will be instant gratifcation.  Never ending map rotations as the B29s up, drop their Nukes and the war ends every five minutes causing the map to change.  Lets see, that would be how many map changes a day?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 12:51:22 AM »
LOL only one thing to do.  Apparently HTC is paving the way for the B29 and NUKES!  Since the crowd no longer has the desire or will to actually win the map, it will be instant gratifcation.  Never ending map rotations as the B29s up, drop their Nukes and the war ends every five minutes causing the map to change.  Lets see, that would be how many map changes a day?

in return creating or no...re defining the definition of "milk running" for those so head strong set on obtaining Bomber Perks to be able to contninously up a Nuke equipped B-29  :D  :bolt:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 12:56:19 AM »
anyone else wish they would allow AvA maps in the main arenas? they are by far the best maps, or how about just get rid of the main arenas and just have the AvA arena?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 01:10:57 AM »
or how about just get rid of the main arenas and just have the AvA arena?

You think abolishing the arenas with 80% of AH activity in favor of the arena with the smallest population would be a good move? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 01:12:28 AM »
anyone else wish they would allow AvA maps in the main arenas? they are by far the best maps, or how about just get rid of the main arenas and just have the AvA arena?
There's a reason why nobody ever goes in the AvA.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »
There's a reason why nobody ever goes in the AvA.

Yup, nobody that is afraid of getting their butts kicked EVER goes into the AvA.  See above. :lol

I agree that I haven't seen the maps reset in a long time, and Lusche in another post, states that it was not part of his "Off Hours" map configuration plan.

Tyrannis may have been a little over zealous with his praise of the AvA maps.  But there is a suggestion for those of you, who are open minded enough and don't mind letting your ego take a bruising.  When the maps are set to reboot the MA, or you just have had your fill for a while, check into the "empty" Axis Versus Allies Arena.  Fly around and see what you can blow up or drive around. 

You might find yourself very quickly jumping on the Tyrannis band wagon (minus the do away with LW part).

For example:  Yesterday, I logged on to the server splash screen, and saw numbers below 10 in both arenas, so I went to the empty AvA arena.  I grabbed an attack plane and flew through a dust storm (cloud coloring unique to this terrain), and began strafing one of the bridges along the twin rivers until it was destroyed (traffic problem also unique to this terrain).  Just before I was about to land I noticed that the arena was starting to become populated.  Pretty soon, we had a nice AvA furball which lasted for the better part of the evening. 

Had a few, get their egos hurt when they lost fights with multiple attackers (missing their little red icons) and left instead of grabbing another plane and getting back in the fight (which would have taken about 2 minutes).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:05:54 AM by Chilli »

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 01:28:02 AM »
Yup, nobody that is afraid of getting their butts kicked EVER goes into the AvA.  See above.
:lol You cant get your butt kicked if there's nobody to kick it.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 09:27:31 AM »
I was extremely happy with HTC making Orange te large map and Blue having the small maps, but that seems to have gone away somewere, now it's 2 massive maps in both arenas with 150 players max most of the time in both arenas. There's usually only 1 base that the fighting is going at anymore. :(