Author Topic: Brewster vs A6M2 S M A C K D O W N !  (Read 1688 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Brewster vs A6M2 S M A C K D O W N !
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 02:30:27 AM »
   I think the Hurri guns would be the deciding factor, and to really tell, youd have to fight yourself, the brew If I remember correctly has a slightly better turn radius?  That would be fun though,  it really comes down to who is flying the birds, and there skill in said plane, and there skill at landing the shots that count, wish I could remember the ace that said "the better shot will always win over the better pilot" from my experance that is correct, ive lost fights to guys ive missed many shots on, before they even were able to get a solution,then bamm they hit one and its over,  that one good hit is all it takes. Especially from a hurri.   

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 10:19:35 AM »
   I think the Hurri guns would be the deciding factor, and to really tell, youd have to fight yourself, the brew If I remember correctly has a slightly better turn radius?  That would be fun though,  it really comes down to who is flying the birds, and there skill in said plane, and there skill at landing the shots that count, wish I could remember the ace that said "the better shot will always win over the better pilot" from my experance that is correct, ive lost fights to guys ive missed many shots on, before they even were able to get a solution,then bamm they hit one and its over,  that one good hit is all it takes. Especially from a hurri.   

Well when you get a group of peeps together with same abilities on each side while switching rides tween both sides, If one plane seems to be winning most contests then I think we can all agree it is the plane that is the advantaged  :aok

At least that is how it's played out so far!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »
true, Jug I can see that, hopefully ill be back soon id like to get in on the hurrivsbrew

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 12:21:40 PM »
Rats! got tied up last night and missed it.  :frown:

Next time.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 12:44:43 PM »
Don't count out the toughness either.  In one of those rounds I got hit some by a Zeke before I twisted away and got him.  Not a bit of damage.  Every Zeke I hit when in the Brew took some kind of damage, no matter how small the hit.  In the Zeke, you really had to put rounds on target for a second or two to take the Brew out.  The Zeke's nasty stall, along with the Brew's toughness and ease of flight and ammo capacity definitely tip it in the Brew's favor.  

Nishi, if you see me on, give me a shout and I'll gladly go back and forth with them with you man.  I'm not a great stick, but I'll give you the best fight I can.  
Yes the times I was killed in the zeek I was on a brew trying to weight him down with BBs. :D

I did not get the stalls in the zeek as some have said. Both birds seemed very lite and nimble. Generally both were very pilot friendly... well except for the fierce fire in one of them. :D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:48:46 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 02:11:43 AM »
I had a really good fight with a zero in my brewster a while back, only filmed the last half of it unfortunately but here's the film (hopefully, never used mediafire before...)
http://www.mediafire.com/?a1d0jsq3japunna
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD