Author Topic: new dauntless skin  (Read 3988 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: new dauntless skin
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
his biggest complaints is whenever i ask to download something is the space it takes up to download, etc. he wont even let me download videos.  :rolleyes:

Buy yourself an external hard drive and put YOUR stuff on there.

I'd be willing to bet he'll come up with another reason though.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »
well atleast we will be getting a new sbd skin, about time for one  :aok

I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing any new SBD skins until it is remodeled  :rolleyes:
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »
Not to necrobump bt I was going to request a A-24 skin and did a search what ever became of this? Sure would like to see this skin, still not gonna happen until remodel?

HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 12:23:27 AM »
I would honestly say that we wait until the SBD is remodeled before we add anymore clothes to her lineup. :aok  But if this skins meets the requirements, and if the skinners are aware if there will be an update to her before the skin is accepted or not, why not? :)  An Olive Drab SBD...*drools*
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 01:53:32 AM »
An Olive Drab SBD...*drools*

I have a few bare metal aircraft as well. :aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 01:50:58 PM »
I have a few bare metal aircraft as well. :aok

GIMMIE, GIMMIE, GIMMIE! :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 03:26:30 AM »
GIMMIE, GIMMIE, GIMMIE! :x

Well after digging a little more not so sure I can see the two I have being skinned?
One is bare metal the other is white tailed & O/D  N/G.
I thought I had more than one bare metal but it was the same photo I had saved twice a long time back.

A better quality photo below.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 02:04:37 PM »
Well, your first one is an "odd job" aka squad hack, and not combat markings. The second one appears to be a liason unit after the A24s were replaced by F4us and other more advanced planes. Also appears to be noncombat as well.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »
before we start to critique it would be nice to know if feasible to do a new skin at all or if it would be better to wait til remodel.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »
Well, your first one is an "odd job" aka squad hack, and not combat markings. The second one appears to be a liaison unit after the A24s were replaced by F4us and other more advanced planes. Also appears to be noncombat as well.

I thought the bare metal one might have been part of the shipment that was diverted to Australia after the Philippines fell. A number of that shipment were in fact bare metal. Question that has never been answered sufficiently were those aircraft flown in combat that way? Some say yes others say not sure. I thought this photo may nave been one of those aircraft at first until I dug a little further.

The white tail was more for show & that there was a few different schemes out there & maybe some one knew a little more about the 2ND air task force. Possibly some one found out some info that might be able to slide it in under that it was attacked or some other excuse. Oh well. :bhead

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
I do applaud your continuing efforts, and I hope I wasn't coming across as too negative. I don't mean to discourage you in any way. :salute

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 11:24:13 PM »
I do applaud your continuing efforts, and I hope I wasn't coming across as too negative. I don't mean to discourage you in any way. :salute

All good. :salute

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
I've got an A-24 OD skin all made up to submit, but I'm going to redo it and touch it up before it goes in.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 11:49:30 PM »
Which one? Just curious because I was going to point out (back then when this thread was new) that almost all Army A-24s were trainers only. Very few Marine A-24s saw combat, as compared to their USN counterparts, and they may not have had any with OD uppers. The only others I can think of are RAAF (removed from combat quickly after awful losses) and RNZAF. Edit: and maybe some Free French? /edit

I'm somewhat doubtful as to any OD that saw service in US forces. I think some exports is the place to look for an OD skin.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 02:01:45 AM »