Author Topic: new dauntless skin  (Read 3987 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
new dauntless skin
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:35:41 AM »
sbd dauntless of the new zealand airforce  :salute

No. 25 Squadron in the Royal New Zealand Air Force was formed in July 1943 with Douglas SBD Dauntless dive bombers and served in the Southern Pacific based at the Piva Airstrip on Bougainville, flying missions against Japanese forces on Bougainville and at Rabaul. It was disbanded in May 1944 and reformed as a fighter/ground attack squadron flying F4U Corsairs. It served in Santo, Guadalcanal, Los Negros and Emirau, before returning to New Zealand and being disbanded in September 1945.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: new dauntless skin
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:05:57 AM »
Nice plane, but you may want to try it yourself. Krusty has a really nice skin tutorial. Gimp photo editing program is free, and many of the skinners will assist when needed.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 06:09:57 AM »
Nice plane, but you may want to try it yourself. Krusty has a really nice skin tutorial. Gimp photo editing program is free, and many of the skinners will assist when needed.
at this point i would get into skinning if i could. but the computer i use isent mine, its my cousins, and he heavily regulates what i do on it just because its a $3,000 computer.(took a month long fight just to get him to let me download aceshigh) so pretty much if i have to download anything to skin, then i cant do it.

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 06:32:02 AM »
GIMP is a harmless program. You should have no trouble downloading it, let alone get a virus. If he's worried about that, GIMP is extremely useful for things besides skinning. Photoshop would work, too.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:11:20 AM »
GIMP is a harmless program. You should have no trouble downloading it, let alone get a virus. If he's worried about that, GIMP is extremely useful for things besides skinning. Photoshop would work, too.
his biggest complaints is whenever i ask to download something is the space it takes up to download, etc. he wont even let me download videos.  :rolleyes:

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 08:41:11 AM »
Space as in memory or download limit?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »
Space as in memory or download limit?
mb/gb i believe, im not very computer savvy im afraid.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »
mb/gb i believe, im not very computer savvy im afraid.
:headscratch:

Let me rephrase...

When you said...
"whenever i ask to download something is the space it takes up to download"

Is your buddy saying that downloading something takes up too much space on his computer(memory on his
harddrive), or is he saying that he has a limited amount of internet and doesn't want to waste it on downloads?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 09:12:40 AM »
As for that particular skin, it's next on my to-do list (as slow-moving as that is). If you want to, go for it! If things don't work out, it will get here eventually.  :cool:

EDIT: Not the green skin, I don't think that's right. The picture I meant.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 09:18:39 AM »
:headscratch:

Let me rephrase...

When you said...
"whenever i ask to download something is the space it takes up to download"

Is your buddy saying that downloading something takes up too much space on his computer(memory on his
harddrive), or is he saying that he has a limited amount of internet and doesn't want to waste it on downloads?
on the computer.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »
As for that particular skin, it's next on my to-do list (as slow-moving as that is). If you want to, go for it! If things don't work out, it will get here eventually.  :cool:

EDIT: Not the green skin, I don't think that's right. The picture I meant.
i did some more research, the green skin actually isent a "Dauntless" its a banshee. :( my bad.
the bottom one tho is the new zealand dauntless,

some other new zealand skins. (nice p40 skin too)

and some other dauntless skins ive come across.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
i did some more research, the green skin actually isent a "Dauntless" its a banshee. :( my bad.

Essentially the same plane. It removed the carrier hook and had an inflated tail wheel (instead of solid rubber), but it was a land-based version of the same intended to be marketed to the Army.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 10:41:45 AM »
Essentially the same plane. It removed the carrier hook and had an inflated tail wheel (instead of solid rubber), but it was a land-based version of the same intended to be marketed to the Army.
is it too much of a difference tho for hitech to allow a banshee skin to be put on a dauntless?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
I would have to check my e-mails to be sure, but I believe I asked them in anticipation of creating that kiwi skin, and they said it would be okay. At least, in regards to the kiwi planes, they said so. I think they would allow the A-24s but again would have to re-check the wording of the e-mail.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
I would have to check my e-mails to be sure, but I believe I asked them in anticipation of creating that kiwi skin, and they said it would be okay. At least, in regards to the kiwi planes, they said so. I think they would allow the A-24s but again would have to re-check the wording of the e-mail.
well atleast we will be getting a new sbd skin, about time for one  :aok