Author Topic: Aircraft Performance vs Type of Joystick You Use  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Aircraft Performance vs Type of Joystick You Use
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »
:lol the stick goes out fairly easy and quick yes but if you handle it alot smoother it will not go out as quick i find no problems with the 3D Pro other than the short time period i have of using it but that dont matter anyway i have a lifetime warranty on them  :neener: :neener: :neener:

I checked and the stick DOES use scaling ingame.  Its in the stick profile.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 08:34:29 PM »
I checked and the stick DOES use scaling ingame.  Its in the stick profile.

Changeup
I have noticed a very big diff when i do not have the profiler up   :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 01:09:55 AM »
So you are running the profiler?  Skuzzy told me not to but to instead work the scaling.  Maybe the profiler would work better for me...except I messed with Ghosth's scaling and its very smooth....I will see.
 :salute
Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 01:14:20 AM »
After I had help scaling my stick to "someones" settings my stick 100% more responsive, I could probably hook u up with  :)
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2011, 01:26:11 AM »
So you are running the profiler?  Skuzzy told me not to but to instead work the scaling.  Maybe the profiler would work better for me...except I messed with Ghosth's scaling and its very smooth....I will see.
Changeup
With the profiler on it makes it not so sensitive without it you could tap my stick and i would do a half roll lol but try with it on maybe diff for ya  :salute i turn it off from time to time
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2011, 08:34:38 AM »
I have a lack of response on my ch fighterstick in relation with the airplane type.

I did not resolve it by scaling.

Stick behavior and airplane response after about 30° or 40° (pitch) to 90° seem the
most relevant part of the problem - in connection with the kind of flight action too.

How much fast stick passes through that range is another key point probably.

Also HOW the stick input works seems another key point.

If You reach 80° or 90° too fast for too much time, there is a stall.

I did not find too much help by scaling - that's is incredible (pitch)

There is no differences (not so much ) if iI use Ghost's suggestions or if i set all slider up, if I want
to avoid black-out but - and this sounds very strange -  enormous difference arises in
spit and pony manouvrability (pitch almost).

A short example: with a parabolic scaling (concavity up) when in pony my nose went down! (dead band checked), and in spit i flew quite pretty well.

From another point of view, I think that it is a matter of flight experience only.

mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »
In synthesis,

1. Plane behavior depend on how fast a pitch (roll, etc.) position can or must be achieved.      :airplane:

2. In which way scaling system works on this for each airplanes?                    :joystick:

3. If this is correct, then HTC, please, spend a word - on the contrary let spend a word too  :lol

mobilis in mobile

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
This is how I have my CH stick set up. The elevators have some scaling to them because I'm one of those "old guys" who was pretty heavy on the stick. I think I'm much smoother now, but with this bit of scaling I get no nose bounce and can put the pipper right were I want it. (now if someone could show me where the right place to put it is   :furious )

The ailerons on the other hand I keep to the top as I want the quickest roll I can get.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2011, 04:53:20 PM »
Here are mine....I dont' really know what any of it means but it worked.

Please feel free to offer input..at slow speeds my nose bounces and I black out a ton in relatively high speed dive pullouts....black out too easy IMO....I will take any help I can get

Changeup