• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Mods.
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »
OMG I heard something I didn't like....

BURN THE WITCH!
_____________________________ _____________________________ ______

I'm offended by unshaven men with beards. Please shave yours.

or

I'm offended by unshaven men with beards. So I won't look at you.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _________

You have chosen the former.  Leaving the making of rules, that all must follow, to the offended... is illogical

:salute

More like I'm offended with men who never take a bath.

1. Tell them to leave your house.
2. Plug your nose.

HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2011, 10:00:53 AM »
OMG I heard something I didn't like....

BURN THE WITCH!
_____________________________ _____________________________ ______

I'm offended by unshaven men with beards. Please shave yours.

or

I'm offended by unshaven men with beards. So I won't look at you.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _________

You have chosen the former.  Leaving the making of rules, that all must follow, to the offended... is illogical

:salute

The rules are made by HiTech, for the purpose of maintaining an environment, in the game, conducive to keeping the business healthy.  It does not get more logical than that.

Your dramatic indulgence is rather illogical, in that light.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:03:00 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2011, 10:23:39 AM »

this quote makes me think of this

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2011, 10:50:56 AM »
The rules are made by HiTech, for the purpose of maintaining an environment, in the game, conducive to keeping the business healthy.  It does not get more logical than that.

Everywhere you go there are rules. Even places that tout no rules have some rules.

Without some type of rules nothing can exist.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
#1 rule of fight club is that there are no rules.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2011, 10:56:40 AM »
#1 rule of fight club is that there are no rules.  :devil
no no no

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »
More like I'm offended with men who never take a bath.

1. Tell them to leave your house.
2. Plug your nose.

HiTech

AH arenas are not a single person's house.
Pluging one's nose is uncomforable. .squelch is easier than .repot

So no, it isn't like that at all is it?

Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2011, 11:21:11 AM »

So you say, but all the drama and complaints are about enforcement [to harsh] or about a lack there of [you haven't stopped political talk].

You've shifted the complaints, not stopped them. Nor have you stopped the behavior you claim to be controlling. All I'm proposing is that satisfaction of the AH community would be better achieved by ephasizing the individual control his incomming communication rather than moderators trying to control outgoing communication. The latter will always be required [and I'm not proposing getting rid of it], but the former should be emphasized. You officially ignor the former, and focus and latter.  Maybe you feel as a company you need to make more of a statement than "do it yoursefl", but in the end "do it yourself" is probably a better solution for this community.

respectfully,

Vinkman
Who is John Galt?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #278 on: January 20, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »
AH arenas are not a single person's house.
Pluging one's nose is uncomforable. .squelch is easier than .repot

So no, it isn't like that at all is it?

these arenas are indeed one persons house. these arenas are ht's house, and we are all paying him to be allowed to play in here. he could shut this place down whenever he feels like. thankfully, he doesn't feel like.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #279 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:05 PM »
Drama :rock
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »
these arenas are indeed one persons house. these arenas are ht's house, and we are all paying him to be allowed to play in here. feel like.

Lol, Could you quit your job whenever you feel like it? 

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:50 PM »
Lol, Could you quit your job whenever you feel like it? 

sure can. i'd have to sell off all of my equipment(aside from my personal tools) and  go work for someone else. will i? hell no.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2011, 12:49:38 PM »

So you say, but all the drama and complaints are about enforcement [to harsh] or about a lack there of [you haven't stopped political talk].

You've shifted the complaints, not stopped them. Nor have you stopped the behavior you claim to be controlling. All I'm proposing is that satisfaction of the AH community would be better achieved by ephasizing the individual control his incomming communication rather than moderators trying to control outgoing communication. The latter will always be required [and I'm not proposing getting rid of it], but the former should be emphasized. You officially ignor the former, and focus and latter.  Maybe you feel as a company you need to make more of a statement than "do it yoursefl", but in the end "do it yourself" is probably a better solution for this community.

respectfully,

Vinkman

What about the status quo is different from what you described?  We've got the tools (.squelch) to deal with it for ourselves, we also have the tools to let the mods know someone's showing his backside on the public channels (.report).  Plus, they've got mods on to notice stuff.

What's the difference between that and what you just described?

The drama is just going to happen because it's what happens when certain people get online.

'Do it yourself' is a horrible idea for an online community.  First day of your two week trial, what are you going to think about six conversations between some yutz yammering on 200 or country about the lizard people controlling his brainwaves, while others share their oh-so-fascinating theories on 9-11, while guy number three is on about how much he loves being a Christian and everybody else should be one too?  Logging in every day even if you're not new, you'll get sick of it too.  What is accomplished by allowing it, other than giving loud, obnoxious people a semi-captive audience?

Great, squelch them...  Every single time you log in.  Again, where is the benefit in not putting a stop to them?  It's not like it's that difficult.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »
these arenas are indeed one persons house. these arenas are ht's house, and we are all paying him to be allowed to play in here. he could shut this place down whenever he feels like. thankfully, he doesn't feel like.

It is not one sided CAP.  The house exists while we exist in it.  If we don;t exist in it, there is no house.  Actually, it is not a house at all.  That is a bad analogy.  It is a business.  The business belongs to HT.  The arenas however don't.  They stopped the moment the check for the 15$ was cashed.  That been said, the arenas don;t belong to a single player either.  There has to be a balance.  If there are rules, they need to apply to all at all times the same way.  The i mute who ever i want when ever i want cause it is my house is wrong.

As for shutting down the place, please  :lol  That's like me telling my boss that he cannot ask me for anything because I can quit at any time  :lol

Why don;t you try telling your customers that it is your car shop so no whining about service, no comments, and no requests, no talking about subjects you don;t aprove of while they are waiting, etc because it is your house and you make the rules.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »
What about the status quo is different from what you described?  We've got the tools (.squelch) to deal with it for ourselves, we also have the tools to let the mods know someone's showing his backside on the public channels (.report).  Plus, they've got mods on to notice stuff.

What's the difference between that and what you just described?

The drama is just going to happen because it's what happens when certain people get online.

'Do it yourself' is a horrible idea for an online community.  First day of your two week trial, what are you going to think about six conversations between some yutz yammering on 200 or country about the lizard people controlling his brainwaves, while others share their oh-so-fascinating theories on 9-11, while guy number three is on about how much he loves being a Christian and everybody else should be one too?  Logging in every day even if you're not new, you'll get sick of it too.  What is accomplished by allowing it, other than giving loud, obnoxious people a semi-captive audience?

Great, squelch them...  Every single time you log in.  Again, where is the benefit in not putting a stop to them?  It's not like it's that difficult.

Wiley.

What you described is what channel 200 has been since day one, only not that nice.  Once in awhile, someone gets muted but 200 has remained the same.  As for squelching, a squelch list would do just fine but we are not going to get one are we?  ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.