Author Topic: Mods.  (Read 16568 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Mods.
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2011, 04:15:19 PM »
I am understanding what Hitech is saying,in all the years ive been playing in his sandbox ive never privite messaged someone for abusive reasons,allthough ive had it happen to me a few times,I just squelched them simple as that,I guess it was the way I grew up that wont allow me to dot report someone I still feel the same about that,but I do have a much more understanding of why that feature is there,I do know whole squads have reported some for bogus reasons and to me thats just straight up bull@%$,but I have a feeling if Hitech found out the truth of the matter then that squad would be in hot water so to speak,I can honestly say that Hitech has always proven to me he is a fair and straight forward guy,I know ive been guilty of talkin politics and religion on 200 in the past,I will no longer take part in those types of discussions,why?Because Hitech has the coolist sandbox there is bar none,no ifs ands or buts about it.period, I know I could out draw him :-)  but build a great WW2 game. Not a chance in hell.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #301 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44:44 PM »
THE problem with talking politics in the game isn't politics itself. it's a couple of things. first off, we're here to get away from all of the normal day to day bs...............and lets face it.....politics is bs.

secondly, it's nearly impossible to talk about politics without someone going off the deep end. especially lately.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2011, 04:46:45 PM »

secondly, it's nearly impossible to talk about politics without someone going off the deep end. especially lately.

And there is the comic relief I was talking about.  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »
i've never understood why someone feels the need to pm like that. i've also only ever recieved one....and that was a cheating accusation, 'cause i shot down this doofs lancs from a ground gun.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #304 on: January 20, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »

yea, i can see it being funny, watching/listening to someone go into a meltdown.........but it also detracts from the game too..
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2011, 04:55:21 PM »
Not really a misconception.  I understand I can squelch them after the fact, but squelching after the fact will not make my dog and daughters forget what they just heard.  Match easier to perma-squelch a bunch of guys that I know act that way and btw, are never muted.  I only used that as an example to say loosen up a bit.  As annoying as a political conversation can be to some it is only an inconvenience at worst or comedy central at best.  Most people don;t care (except a select few that run to report it) and I bet you no one will ever quit over it.  However, we make such a huge deal over it by partially or selectively enforcing the rule on that while real abusive behavior can and does go on no problem.

There are ways around it.  A perma-squelch list and a notification that someone wants to go on private channel with me, and me having to accept the conversation would eliminate almost all of the problems of moderating private channels.

Agreed.  So, how is it going on and on and on and on every night on 200?  No to mention that it is really up to you to decide if you want to view it as comedy  or not.  However, if we have a rule is should be enforced all the time, equally, on every one.

A long long long time ago, I learned that there is nothing in this game that needs improvement or that could be done better.  I think I offered a couple of solutions to proactively moderate abusive behavior and as you can tell, I don;t care what other people talk about on 200 as long as it is not really abusive.

Understood, and I agree it is prevolent lately.  But I think all we can do is point this out to HTC as this is their responcibility.  They do listen and they do have some nights of heavy channel 200 moderation (50+ get handed 1-week+ chat suspensions in less than an hour or two), but I will agree they haven't had one of those recently (seem to be sporatic individual bans... I know in the past week or two I let some chat I meant for squad vox accidently on 200, been waiting for a chat suspension since even though I apologized on 200 afterwards)... or at least not on the nights they should maybe of had them.  I think it's best to pull a Lusche on this one, take note and study over a one week period of when the prime time seems to be for all these chat violations, then aproach HTC and say "ya know, I feel you guys should put more effort into actively moderating ___ at ___ times recently as this ___ that I've observed over the past ___ shows".

THE problem with talking politics in the game isn't politics itself. it's a couple of things. first off, we're here to get away from all of the normal day to day bs...............and lets face it.....politics is bs.

I wholly agree, but c'mon, since when has it never been "especially lately", amirite?  :D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 04:57:23 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2011, 04:56:25 PM »
Cap I was fighting like 6 nme and killed a couple, all of a sudden I hear a strange voice over comms....you suk, you are the worst player in all of AH,all you can do is turn fight  bla bla bla .....something along those lines, I left out all the Fbombs and other cuss words, not that those words offend me, but I was happy I had my headphones on and the kids diddnt hear it, definitly one lucky sob, Still couldnt report him though.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »

would somebody pull the pin and kill this thread already?

Let's see we've had Skuzzy chime in and Hitech himself and people want to talk semantics with them?  *shakes head, leaves, listens for the bang when the stuntmonkies can't control themselves*
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2011, 05:05:01 PM »
A perma-squelch list and a notification that someone wants to go on private channel with me

Y'know... the notification idea isn't a terrible one.  That way people can't just out of the blue blast you, like in Ink's example.

I have a sneaking suspicion that perhaps some of the mods are mostly reactive to .reports, and aren't really actively monitoring the channels.  That might be a pretty decent reason for the "inconsistent enforcement" feeling. *shrug*

Ooh, what's this?  A shiny ring to pull!  *yank*

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2011, 05:07:50 PM »

You have just completely proved the point why politics should not be discussed in AH.

HiTech

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2011, 05:14:55 PM »
that's a great idea a notifacation that "xxx wants to privite message you, do you accept PM?"   very very good idea.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2011, 05:15:54 PM »
that's a great idea a notifacation that "xxx wants to privite message you, do you accept PM?"   very very good idea.

Just ignore it and play on......

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:24 PM »
Jolly~exactly if ya dont know them no sweat, keep on keepin on....but most of the PM/PV Ive had have been good so to get rid of it completly is defenitly not the answer. The ability to talk to the person I had a great fight with is one of my favorite things about AH, I would be PO'ed if they get rid of it, implementing something like this would be awesome.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »

excellent idea....but in the text buffer, not in a box like the join requests.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2011, 05:58:29 PM »
excellent idea....but in the text buffer, not in a box like the join requests.....

.join 0 solves the popup box...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals