Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Mods.
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2011, 02:08:43 PM »
Skuzzy
Administrator
Plutonium Member

Reg: Apr 2000

View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #61 on: Today at 09:42:33 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Here is a really simple way to avoid any confrontation with a moderator.

Ask yourself one question before you say or type something.

"What does this have to do with the game?"

If the answer is "Nothing!", then do not say/type it.  Ta-da!

The community has the .report mechanism at its disposal.  Use it.  The moderators cannot be on 24 hours a day.  They also like to play the game and should be allowed to do so.

Political discussions are reason for moderator action or .reports.
   Report to moderator   Logged
I would love to change the world, but I do not have access to the source code.

I still don't see a set rule that says one can not have a political discussion in game.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »
i get the feeling you're trying to play devils advocate, as you've been around awhile.........but it came right from the horses mouth in what i just posted.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »
weeeelllll starting a political discussion in the O Club recently got someone smacked down.  I take that to mean starting and / or participating in them anywhere in 'public' view is a really bad idea if you want to retain your ability to use 100% of the games resources.

If you don't care.  Rock on.  It doesn't bother me.

Man I wish I could bottle and sell my 'mental squelch' abilities.  Probably comes from being married twice.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »
there would be no problem if people would listen to the rules. that is even easier yet, isn't it?

<S> Cap1, but ....... Third party effort is required to make, and maintain the rules, and effort on the part of every player to learn the rules. Also lot's dissatisfaction, becasue the 'rules' apply to everyone, and one-size-fits-all means the size really fits no one. With squelch I'm 100% satisfied, every time, and no effort is expended or required by anyone else.

I think that's actually easier.
Who is John Galt?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
I agree with you Rolex.

LilMak do the smart thing and call HTC, if you really need to have this addressed. You will not get a satisfactory answer here.

But it IS providing me with lots and lots of amusement  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2011, 02:25:52 PM »
Very nice Vinkman.  You forgot Example #3 where people stop worrying about whats on 200 and who said a bad word, and actually look at where their plane is heading lol.  Why does anyone that does not care about politics, cares about people talking about politics?

because people pay to play and relax and enjoy friends, last thing i want to be reminded of while relaxing is Politics, go to a different channel other than 200, but everyone knows this and yet they still play dumb about whats not allowed on 200
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2011, 02:29:12 PM »
Guess you missed the part where Skuzzy say's....

( Ask yourself one question before you say or type something.

If the answer is "Nothing!", then do not say/type it.  Ta-da!)

I Don't know what part of that people don't understand 

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2011, 02:36:10 PM »
i get the feeling you're trying to play devils advocate, as you've been around awhile.........but it came right from the horses mouth in what i just posted.......

Nop, he is looking for the rule to follow.  What you posted means I should not ask anyone about their day because it has nothing to do with the game  ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »
There is one player who abuses 200 almost daily his name is YOU if you see him I'd like him given a 600 muter thanks.

Belial :)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2011, 02:43:05 PM »
TROLL

I still don't see a set rule that says one can not have a political discussion in game.

If the answer is "Nothing!", then do not say/type it.  Ta-da!

He's a Troll, you're just...........
Nop, he is looking for the rule to follow.  What you posted means I should not ask anyone about their day because it has nothing to do with the game  ;)
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »
<S> Cap1, but ....... Third party effort is required to make, and maintain the rules, and effort on the part of every player to learn the rules. Also lot's dissatisfaction, becasue the 'rules' apply to everyone, and one-size-fits-all means the size really fits no one. With squelch I'm 100% satisfied, every time, and no effort is expended or required by anyone else.

I think that's actually easier.

It is easier, as long as there are relatively few imbeciles spewing their tripe.  However, consider the amount of time you'd spend squelching dolts if it were not against the rules and everybody who felt so inclined was espousing their wonderful views on how the freemasons, gays, Bush, JFK, and Zombie Elvis were behind 9/11 and the fluoridation of drinking water to allow our mind control by a secret cabal of Swedish bikini models bent on world domination.  It'd be far easier to just detune 200.

What is better?  To have some rules that takes a little bit of enforcement that make 200 at least somewhat useful/entertaining, or to have no rules and have 200 turn moreso into a soapbox forum for people to blather about stuff that has nothing to do with the game?

Incidentally, where ARE the channel rules posted?  I haven't been able to find them on the website.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
pffft 600 minutes is nothing I get 8 day mutes all the time for some reason
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2011, 03:00:10 PM »
...really?  How does it help anything to know who they are?  If there's an issue with someone's treatment by a mod, I'd lay money they've got everything the mods do logged, they can look into it.  If the mod's behavior is out of line with HTC's rules, HTC will do as it sees fit.  Either way, what does it help if their names are known?

Not a bad track record though, I've been on these forums for quite a while, and this is the first 'Help!  I'm being oppressed!' thread I can recall.

Wiley.
Think of it like cops on a highway....you see a car with lights on it you slow down.

Example in game would be...I see B4Buster on(Pretty sure hes a Mod :) ) I detune 200 ;)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2011, 03:11:07 PM »
Think of it like cops on a highway....you see a car with lights on it you slow down.

Example in game would be...I see B4Buster on(Pretty sure hes a Mod :) ) I detune 200 ;)

If you're in an area with nothing but CCTVs being monitored by the cops, you don't speed. :)

Assume you're being monitored by their monitoring system at all times, as it's probably true.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »
maryland police used to leave an empty cruiser with its lights running sitting along rt 95. amazing how well that worked slowing down traffic.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)