Author Topic: Mods.  (Read 16822 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Mods.
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
Here's the Page now for everybody's viewing pleasure!!!

please understand that "Game Etiquette" is defined in a laymen's term as "Unwritten Rules of the Players" themselves, and is posted to help players understand what is and is not acceptable during online game play by the majority

The Players , over time ( beginning from 1987 with the first online WWII Air Combat Sim ), have come to these suggestions/rules/understandings......... this is solely for people who want to have a more enjoyable gaming environment, and people continue to pass it down to the younger generation

hope I explained that good enough for people to understand Game Etiquette vs House Rules is 2 different things......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
Without a RadioRules Page, who is to say these are not the "rules" than?  Where are these "house rules" you speak of?   :salute

hope I explained that good enough for people to understand Game Etiquette vs House Rules is 2 different things......
It isn't on the Etiquette Page sadly, but perhaps it should be included there!! 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2011, 07:27:57 PM »
Common sense should guide you.  Watch what you say.  I know things can be taken out of context, but there is a line.  Sounds like you crosses it somewhere's. 
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
Dich~haha that was great

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »

In my almost 10 years playing the game I have never once seen anything in the MOTD saying no political discussion.

i think it was the night of the 2008 elections.. apparently it got really idiotic on 200.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
I have been around for a little while and I gotta say..............You give folks the ability to talk too each other in a competitive arena situation and you all wonder WHY???do they talk too each other in a competitive manor?? I.E My views of the world are better than yours? really this is a surprise? I have never augered or lost a perk ride because someone SAID: Pelosi on 200 yet that quote will get you at least 6 min of mute, In my humble opinion this is much ADO about nuthin, JUST sayin
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2011, 02:31:42 AM »
I have been around for a little while and I gotta say..............You give folks the ability to talk too each other in a competitive arena situation and you all wonder WHY???do they talk too each other in a competitive manor?? I.E My views of the world are better than yours? really this is a surprise? I have never augered or lost a perk ride because someone SAID: Pelosi on 200 yet that quote will get you at least 6 min of mute, In my humble opinion this is much ADO about nuthin, JUST sayin

Its because people don't care and don't want to hear your opinion. Most of us play to the game as a break from the real world.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2011, 03:55:16 AM »
Always wondered this but never asked for some reason so I'm gonna ask now.

Is Skuzzy sitting there monitoring the channels 24/7? If not, who are the mods? Do they have shifts? I hope so cause if its just Skuzzy, we need to get him out and party.

:rock

in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2011, 04:22:40 AM »
Next time a cop pulls you over for speeding, tell him he can't give you a ticket because other people were speeding too and see how far that gets you. Then tell him he can't give you a ticket because your friend got off with a warning last week after going the same speed. When he sets you straight, tell him he's being an unfair jerk and say you're going to talk to his supervisor and see what happens.  :rolleyes:

Okay, don't really do that. But why some people never learn not to argue with cops and mods when they know they were pushing their luck with the rules to begin with is beyond me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2011, 04:29:26 AM »
Next time a cop pulls you over for speeding, tell him he can't give you a ticket because other people were speeding too and see how far that gets you. Then tell him he can't give you a ticket because your friend got off with a warning last week after going the same speed. When he sets you straight, tell him he's being an unfair jerk and say you're going to talk to his supervisor and see what happens.  :rolleyes:

Okay, don't really do that. But why some people never learn not to argue with cops and mods when they know they were pushing their luck with the rules to begin with is beyond me.

next time you get pulled over, tell him you just killed a couple of guys, see if you get the same response as here also.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2011, 07:57:16 AM »
Its because people don't care and don't want to hear your opinion. Most of us play to the game as a break from the real world.

B
I
N
G
O
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2011, 07:58:12 AM »
Always wondered this but never asked for some reason so I'm gonna ask now.

Is Skuzzy sitting there monitoring the channels 24/7? If not, who are the mods? Do they have shifts? I hope so cause if its just Skuzzy, we need to get him out and party.

:rock

TO THE best of my knowledge, mods are pile-its just like you and me, that ht's entrusted to be objective.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2011, 08:09:04 AM »

a seargent friend of mine told me somethign like this once.

he pulled over a kid in one of those fart-canned hot rod hondas. caught the kid racing. got the kids information, did the normal "do you know why i pulled you over" schpeel, and the kid instantly started with excuses.
 it got to the point where lee told the kid he was getting at least a speeding ticket, and one for racing on the highway. the belligerent little nutball kept going.
 lee finally told the kid that every time he opened his mouth with anything that could be an excuse, he was gonna write him another ticket. the kid drove away with 26 tickets. he finally stopped when lee told the kid that he could have the car impounded for racing.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »
TO THE best of my knowledge, mods are pile-its just like you and me, that ht's entrusted to be objective.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2011, 09:19:40 AM »
Believe me, having moderator privileges is a thankless job and no fun. In AvA it's a little different as we try to keep channel one enabled.

Keep in mind, the moderator may not have been logged in to see that someone else "started it."

Being human, we won't get every call right either. There can be a fine line between acceptable banter and abuse.

The worst scenario is when someone is responding to a known agitator. You may know who the real problem is, but if others are participating, it's hard to single out the offender.

To be safe and make the mods job easier, don't take the bait.

Let the problem children stand out, and then only the right people will get hammered.

A simple rule of them is if it's not acceptable here it's not acceptable in game.

If you push the line and get muted for a while just deal with it.

It's not the end of the world and you will be unmuted tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:24:52 AM by jimson »