• Zinc Member
Re: Mods.
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »
Ouch  :bolt:

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2011, 01:04:50 PM »
This IMHO, is just about the very best reason for getting rid of the ability to "cross country chat" (200) that I can think of. Yeah I know, there will always be those that want to use it to talk, taunt, piss off and so on, others in the game, but to me it seems to generate much more consternation than it's worth. I know that this has been a feature of the game for sometime, and most use it for friendly conversations, but there are of course those that use it for other reasons. I'm not trying to judge anyone for what is said, but maybe it's time to scale back, if not remove all together, cross country chat.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2011, 01:07:43 PM »
This IMHO, is just about the very best reason for getting rid of the ability to "cross country chat" (200) that I can think of. Yeah I know, there will always be those that want to use it to talk, taunt, piss off and so on, others in the game, but to me it seems to generate much more consternation than it's worth. I know that this has been a feature of the game for sometime, and most use it for friendly conversations, but there are of course those that use it for other reasons. I'm not trying to judge anyone for what is said, but maybe it's time to scale back, if not remove all together, cross country chat.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Nutz

I usually have 200 left on. Some nights the back and forth can be hilarious. It also offers the opportunity to send a quick "Good fight" or "Nice shot" to an opponent.

Sometimes it gets out of hand, in which case I'll simply de-tune.
See Rule #4

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2011, 01:14:32 PM »
This IMHO, is just about the very best reason for getting rid of the ability to "cross country chat" (200) that I can think of. Yeah I know, there will always be those that want to use it to talk, taunt, piss off and so on, others in the game, but to me it seems to generate much more consternation than it's worth.

There is nothing wrong with the game or the mods.  The problem is with the few that have no respect, no common sense, no self control, or any combination of the three.  For those cases, .report and then .squelch works.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »
I've only read the first and last pages of this thread, and I'm not going to be reading anything but the first and last pages, but I'd like to say this: get rid of all inter-country channels.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
NO getting rid of cross country comms HELL NO very bad idea......DOT SQUELCH how friggin hard is that, if you dont like 200 dont freaking tune to it, I would be pissed if they got rid of cross country comms, one of the cooler espects of AH.  Absolutly bad, lame, horrible, idea.   

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »
Believe me, having moderator privileges is a thankless job and no fun. In AvA it's a little different as we try to keep channel one enabled.

Keep in mind, the moderator may not have been logged in to see that someone else "started it."

Being human, we won't get every call right either. There can be a fine line between acceptable banter and abuse.

The worst scenario is when someone is responding to a known agitator. You may know who the real problem is, but if others are participating, it's hard to single out the offender.

To be safe and make the mods job easier, don't take the bait.

Let the problem children stand out, and then only the right people will get hammered.

A simple rule of them is if it's not acceptable here it's not acceptable in game.

If you push the line and get muted for a while just deal with it.

It's not the end of the world and you will be unmuted tomorrow.

:aok

Bottom line is, everyone has the option to just tune 200 out as well.  If it aint broke dont fix it.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »
best way to fix it is for the mods to keep doing what they're doing. someone breaks the rules, 1 warning, then mute.

take it a step farther...if they come here to whine about it, then they've just earned themselves a vacation from the bbs too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2011, 03:50:24 PM »
I've only read the first and last pages of this thread, and I'm not going to be reading anything but the first and last pages, but I'd like to say this: get rid of all inter-country channels.

Nice troll because that's just too bad of an idea to be a legitimate thought.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2011, 03:51:37 PM »
Nice troll because that's just too bad of an idea to be a legitimate thought.

:rofl
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
It's quite fun chatting with the guy with whom you were just in a knock-down, drag-out duel, aside from that, killing cross-country would deprive me of 2/3 of my friends. I'd imagine the win--the-war, a spy-is behind-every-corner crowd WOULD prefer it though
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2011, 04:10:48 PM »
caint we all just get alongggg??
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2011, 04:16:36 PM »
It's too bad that for the most part, today's generation of kids just dont respect any authority.  Ha ha ha, like a time out really works.  If you do the crime... you do the time. 
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »
It's too bad that for the most part, today's generation of kids just dont respect any authority.  Ha ha ha, like a time out really works.  If you do the crime... you do the time. 

you do realize that most people that play the game at night are 40 somethings and that's when most of the political crap is out :old:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »
you do realize that most people that play the game at night are 40 somethings and that's when most of the political crap is out :old:.

semp

Well, they sure dont act like it then, do they?!
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back