Author Topic: Dunno about this fella  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2000, 07:38:00 AM »
Just a thought- and I'm not saying you guys aren't 100% correct in your opinion- but IMHO this should be sent to Pyro or HiTech in private.

I'm glad we have people who want to see the airwaves cleaned up. I wholeheartedly agree. But when matters of this nature (possible ejection?) occur, it is best done in private.

And yes, the other sims have had uncouth people. Flown 'em all, and have seen it everywhere. Read the "Chute Request" thread and you'll get the idea.  

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2000, 07:47:00 AM »
I'm one guilty of chatting on the open channel too much.

But I'd personally hoped that the arena would be filled with paying accounts only. As it is now any tom, dick or hairy can open an account, fly for two weeks and show thier displeaure or thrill with the sim. I'm fed up with the former.
Perhaps the trianing or H2H arenas will be the free ones and the others will be the premium fly areas.
 I for one sure as hell do not want to eat my words said to Wardog, over the last several months, that $30 will be a good quaker filter.

That screen shot? His behavior is absolutely discusting. And I'd thought being from latter day AW I'd seen the worst behavior one might run into in an online sim.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 02-16-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2000, 08:52:00 AM »
I too, had some "words" with Terne last nite, apparently he got upset when I kilt him while he was on approach, said he was dead stick and that killing him was B.S. (I might add that I think fite started 25 miles from his airfield as a chase, he was in P51) I responded "C'mon Terne, you had two wings, a tail and were airborn, which makes you a target!"

First off, I don't notice someones propellor if it is turing or not, if it has two wings, and is airborn, I kill it...is that wrong?

Either way, my rules of thumb are, never go private with someone that is, um, 'having a bad day', seems to only escalate into what Heath posted above.  If they go private with you, squelch them and tell them on open channel that you'd rather not discuss it with them when they have the attitude they're projecting.  And leave it at that.

I'm not personally going to make judgements on Terne, we all have had a day like his, I certainly won't comment on his personal assault remarks because that kind of behavior really sets me off.

Terne, if you are reading this, I think you can clear this whole thing up with a public apology to Heath.  This is a friggin' game, man, lighten up, apologize, and let's get on with having fun again.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)

"In training, upon being told it was time to
solo, the instructor said, “You tried to kill
me enough times, now try it with a check pilot.”"

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-16-2000).]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2000, 09:04:00 AM »
Some of us like to join in open channel more then others, some of us like to taunt and respond to taunts, but I think for the most part that is what HTC intended open channel for. This guy has problems.  
Torque, I think you have been increadably patient in ingnoring open channel taunts and accusations. The people that fly rook with me and use RW will tell you that I have sworn at you a couple of times myself...But your patience has defused alot of open channel uglyness. <S>
You must be gettin old though...losing an HO to a 109f4 in an f4u1c.....

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
<S> Torque!

------------------
Member of the Flying Elvis's...AH's most elite parachute team...

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2000, 09:30:00 AM »
Its funny how some people are posting here about abuse yet they are abusers...

This directed to Torque:

Monday torque accussed me of cheating by alt-f4 ing

Lucklily he had the candor to do it on personal channel but WTF I wasn't even in 100km radius of Torque:

Now normaly I really wouldn't mind its only text and all.. but I was busy fighting at f22, Marmeduke(dont know if spelled correctly), cavej(spelling sorry), mino can attest to that. I was north of the Mts all night.
He comes on "hey I know what you did at f4""you did this/that to avoid kill; it counts anyway etc..." something to that effect...

I dont need syops when im fighting I ripped him with some foul dialogue, told him he was high and to leave me alone. Hopefully torque went to the proper channels and sent our dialogue to HTC. They should have the server logs that can prove my point..

Now torque I dont care about score thats why I fly early plane set so much...109f4(outclassed by almost every aircraft.) Im not going to avoid a kill by alt f4...I dont need to cheat I out fly my opponents using energy tactics and if they kill me with the exception of the ramming suicide attack, hey great kill.

Im not saying I don't complain but most of my complaining is to my own countrymen... especially when they run out on me after I helped them...(chaulk them up on the don't help list and drive on)

If you know someone is cheating tell the owners of the game don't bother the player; if he really is cheating then you can catch him the act that way.  

Now as far as this bigot I'm a firm beleiver that in the foundations of the net.  Free Speech... but that is usually not good for business so I say ban him if that individual is affecting other paying customers.

my 2 cents,

DoctorYO
JG 2

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
  Sorry none of us were there to put a stop to it.  I guess people are more polite when HTC is in the arena.

<practices typing>  .eject Terne  

------------------
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
"Ain't I clean bad machine/ Supercool, supermean/ Feelin good for the man/ Superfly-here I stand" - Curtis Mayfield
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD

John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2000, 09:35:00 AM »
I think it has more to do with knowing "When to take a break" than anything else.

Mino

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2000, 09:44:00 AM »
Mino, some folks never learn to know when to take a 'break', for instance, my 4 yr. old, doesn't know when to give it 'a rest', so he gets a time-out.  Hopefully he will mature and control himself...sounds like Terne never learned, so HTC probably needs to give him "A time out" purely for  the racial tones if nothing else, I can handle the language, free speech, etc. but slandering assaults are another matter.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)

"In training, upon being told it was time to
solo, the instructor said, “You tried to kill
me enough times, now try it with a check pilot.”"

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2000, 09:53:00 AM »
Everyone gets mad at some point in ANY flight sim.  Wether it's from warps, HO's, getting drug for miles, or just plain getting shot down.  However, if you notice most that fly here have kids as do I.  My son likes to sit in my lap and point out boggies.  I call him my "co-pilot"    Anyway, trying to explain to him some of the lingo seen on the radio has made it tough for me to let him watch anymore.  That is just not right.  If you want to scream and cuss at your monitor then go for it, but physically typing in abusive words is a willful act of "bad form".  It's real easy, don't do it!  HiTech and crew has already demonstrated that they are in this to make a sim THEY would want to fly in, and I get the impression that they won't hesitate to give someone the boot if they continue cussing on an open channel.  Just my thoughts.

------------------
+Jase ^Nomads^ AH
Fly-Nomadic

Offline indian

• Copper Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2000, 10:00:00 AM »
Is it time for volunteer monitors or what. HTC cant be online at all times. But who do you trust with that much power. These are paying customers, maybe a word filter would be nice one that boots you to the tower everytime you type a ugly word.But would rather have monitors if this would slow down the game.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
My Homepage
Where you can find the Key Commands in  files for Word6 Wordpad and text mode.

indians Homepage

Aces High Word6 and Wordpad Doc's available on my web site.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2000, 10:19:00 AM »

My son likes to sit in my lap and point out boggies. I call him my "co-pilot"  Anyway, trying to explain to him some of the lingo seen on the radio has made it tough for me to let him watch anymore.

I know exactly where you are coming from. I have an 8 year old daughter who is constantly in and out the area of my computer while I'm online, asking questions about her homework and whatnot. Not to mention my 6 and 4 year old boys. There are some words you just don't want your young kids to see or hear.

This is pretty much a man's game, and theres gonna be some coarse language here and there. I have no problem with that. But this High School bathroom crap don't get it.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »
In a year and a half of Warbirds I have never heard anything like this.
===============================
There was one fella in particular that I recall from my WBs daze.  No sim community is immune from this dribble.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »
When you encounter problems like this, please do not post them publicly.  Just send them to us via email.  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

"If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid."

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Dunno about this fella
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2000, 10:46:00 AM »
My apologies pyro, I steamed on this thing at work yesterday and posted without really thinking about it. Sorry about that.