Author Topic: Auto gun Aces Contest  (Read 3687 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Auto gun Aces Contest
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »

P.S. Lyric  I need you to send me your film please.. Via e-mail.. Thanks Tuk151
What is the email address? Or do you mean a PM?

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2011, 07:34:19 PM »
Got a confirmed kill to add to the list. Lyric hit a set of lancs that caught fire at 4.0k. The lancs were inbound and 1 exploded at 3.7k.
3.7k will be the confirmed kill distance. Great job Lyric:salute
Standings are as followed.
1. Kvuo75 - 5.2K
2. Snuggie -4.3k
3. Snuggie - 3.9k
4. Lyric - 3.7k
5. Kvuo75 - 3.5k
6. Kvuo75 - 2.1k

Lyrics new entry photo will be added to the thread shortly..  TUK151
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »
CO WD40 (FSO)

Offline dstrip2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2011, 01:32:54 AM »
i cant hit anything from the ground personally.. even the offline drones with cv guns is beyond me. BUT i do like it when guys can snipe planes like that (except when it happens to me). ive been killed pretty far out before, has gotten me to bob and weave a bit when im around bases. but im rambling.

my opinion, the 'kill' should count at the distance the hit was landed IF hit was a killshot. seems more fair that way, as fire is just a slightly delayed kill and skews the kill distance by however far the plane travels after the hit which is out of the gunner's control aside from shot placement. also, maybe different bracket for buff/fighter kills? just trying to keep you busy.  :D

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »
This was last year but I got sombody in a f4U at 5.5k. Wish I had it on film.  I even apologized and told him I got lucky as heel.  He said yea I didn't know what happened!
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2011, 10:29:21 AM »
my opinion, the 'kill' should count at the distance the hit was landed IF hit was a killshot. seems more fair that way, as fire is just a slightly delayed kill and skews the kill distance by however far the plane travels after the hit which is out of the gunner's control aside from shot placement. also, maybe different bracket for buff/fighter kills? just trying to keep you busy.  :D

I agree 100%.

If two players score a hit at the same distance, how can one benefit by having his target travel 1000yards, while another is penalized by having his target travel 1000yards?

I think a distinction would need to be drawn; what's being measured?  The furthest hit?  Or the furthest fatal hit?  If it's the later, an instant kill or the moment a target catches fire would be better than where it actually dies.
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2011, 11:00:20 AM »
All of my confirmations have been counted as soon as the player gets the kill message.  Fair enough I think... :old:
CO WD40 (FSO)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2011, 11:05:24 AM »
All of my confirmations have been counted as soon as the player gets the kill message.  Fair enough I think... :old:

I don't know, that could be even worse! 

Due to lag, I sometimes haven't gotten a kill message for quite a while after watching the guy explode or impact the ground.  Like, 30 seconds (or more) delay.  I'm probably one of the worst shots in the game when it comes to ground guns, but with a delay like that I may need to go through some of my films, ha!

But again, it's up to you on what your measuring...  Are you trying to see how far someone can be away before you get the kill message?  Or are you trying to see how far away someone can be accurate from the ground gun?
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2011, 01:00:58 PM »
You make the rules TUK, but it should be at the point the fatal hit makes contact.  Both of my hits on the list were actually hit .3k before they blew up.  Lyric's kill was at 4.0k but he gets penalized because his target was incoming.  Not really fair.

BTW, Kvuo75 tore a wing off my 205 from 1.5 out.  With the nose gun of a Ki-67.  :bhead
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
I see the point you guys are making. However, I will not be changing the way I scored them. From the beggining I was grading the shots on the Explosion(death message), not the original hit. :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2011, 09:01:44 AM »
BTW, Kvuo75 tore a wing off my 205 from 1.5 out.  With the nose gun of a Ki-67.  :bhead

lol that one suprised me too. wing must have been very soft, i remember alot of pings from other guns (includin the 20) with no effect beforehand.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »
:neener:

if you look in that same film a few mins later, i hit one of your squaddies at 3+k iirc :D

anyway, its not really a big deal.. if u spend enough time spraying into the sky, youre bound to hit something eventually. i'll try to get some bombers at 4.5 today and save the film :)

Pfft I thought you everything you can.....   :neener:

:bolt:

The Few GFC

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2011, 10:45:20 AM »
Tuk did you get my other film?

Offline dstrip2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »
I see the point you guys are making. However, I will not be changing the way I scored them. From the beggining I was grading the shots on the Explosion(death message), not the original hit. :salute

i understand. not trying to tell you how to run your competition  :aok
still amazing shots all  :salute

bet you guys cant hit me lol  :neener: (have to start watching my back now)

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
Tuk did you get my other film?
Yep, got it today. I can confirm your 3.5 K shot on the lancs. I cant get the filmviewer to take a decent pic. I will confirm your kill however. Consider 5th place a tie with Lyric and Kvuo75 with a 3.5k shot a piece.. :salute
CO WD40 (FSO)