Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket *SIGN-UP HERE*  (Read 5901 times)

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket *SIGN-UP HERE*
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:04 AM »
If you have the time, there's no reason not to sign up.  You might not make it very far but you will definitely learn something out of it, and get better in a 1v1 setting, which carries over to the MA and will help you improve overall.
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »
Kazaa is a Cher impersonator! God save the drag queen!

As my enemy's go down in flames, I like to serenade them over VoX with the classic Cher song - "Save Up All Your Tears".
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:29:02 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
As my enemy's go down in flames, I like to serenade them over VoX with the classic Cher song - "Save Up All Your Tears".

I don't even know you man, but that kind of scares me!

A really great reason to join up as well is that you will get to meet some really great dudes.  Who knows, you can find a new good wingman for the future and someone to fly with.  It's great fun and you meet some cool people, and learn some stuff and improve to boot.  It's all win, what's not to love?
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »

This is not a good way to get people to sign up, as a matter of fact if might do the opposite.  :uhoh

Always good fights in these not to mention that most here are willing to help you get better.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline truss51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
IN

BBS: truss51

InGame: Shark60
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
Can we have another Thread Topic Center (EX:Aces High General Discussion) BUT for the Dueling leagues?

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »
I'm on the fence if I'll have time to do it, but I'll put my name in the hat for now...

BBS:    ardy123
game:  bunnies
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:14 PM »
Here's my story; I still haven't made it past the first round in one of these and I generally consider myself a slightly above average stick.  I don't know if it's nerves or what when I get into my first series.

Anyway, in Tourney #1 Rufleak handed me my butt.  In fact in the next two tourney's I was promply beat by Tec I think it was and then IrishOne, pretty much both on the first turn.  That prompted me to ask for some help.  I spent some time in the DA working with Karaya, WMLute and MWSol before the next tournament primarily working on my merge and E management.  I also spent some time in the TA working with MtnMan on my merge, the barrel roll defense and the rolling scissors.  I immediately realized where I had been going wrong and the help really started to pay dividends in the MA.

In tourney #4 Ink and I had a series of really great fights flying oblique angles although a collision on my part lost the first round for me again.  In tourney #5 I drew batfinkv in the second round after my first round forfeited.  I managed a win when bat went into an inverted flat spin in a Spit I (hey, I'll take what I can get at this point).  In the next fight we went 3-4 minutes in an extended rolling scissors at the bottom of the canyon but I let him get behind me and I could never get it back.  batfink went on to win the entire tournament so I felt OK with the way I flew against him and I know exactly where I gave it away.

Regardless of all of my losses the fire inside me to get past the first round keeps intensifying and along the way I've improved my merge, my E management and my rolling scissors.  My success in the MA has grown exponentially along the way and I've gotten to work with and fight against some guys I've really enjoyed being around.

Regardless if I lose again I'll keep trying to improve and keep coming back and one of these days...

BTW, I'll post a roster update this weekend.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:50:12 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:50 PM »
Here's my story; I still haven't made it past the first round in one of these and I generally consider myself a slightly above average stick.  I don't know if it's nerves or what when I get into my first series.

Anyway, in Tourney #1 Rufleak handed me my butt.  In fact in the next two tourney's I was promply beat by Tec I think it was and then IrishOne, pretty much both on the first turn.  That prompted me to ask for some help.  I spent some time in the DA working with Karaya, WMLute and MWSol before the next tournament primarily working on my merge and E management.  I also spent some time in the TA working with MtnMan on my merge, the barrel roll defense and the rolling scissors.  I immediately realized where I had been going wrong and the help really started to pay dividends in the MA.

In tourney #4 Ink and I had a series of really great fights flying oblique angles although a collision on my part lost the first round for me again.  In tourney #5 I drew batfinkv in the second round after my first round forfeited.  I managed a win when bat went into an inverted flat spin in a Spit I (hey, I'll take what I can get at this point).  In the next fight we went 3-4 minutes in an extended rolling scissors at the bottom of the canyon but I let him get behind me and I could never get it back.  batfink went on to win the entire tournament so I felt OK with the way I flew against him and I know exactly where I gave it away.

Regardless of all of my losses the fire inside me to get past the first round keeps intensifying and along the way I've improved my merge, my E management and my rolling scissors.  My success in the MA has grown exponentially along the way and I've gotten to work with and fight against some guys I've really enjoyed being around.

Regardless if I lose again I'll keep trying to improve and keep coming back and one of these days...

Oh I'm not worried about loosing, I made it to the semifinals last time I did it.... I'm worried if I have the time to do it.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »
He wasn't necessarily responding to you Ardy...
-AoM-

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »
He wasn't necessarily responding to you Ardy...
oh...sorry,  I thought he was because I had stated I was on the fence about doing it.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »
oh...sorry,  I thought he was because I had stated I was on the fence about doing it.

stupid bunny... :t
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »

But, you are in charge.  You can use that random number generator to get a pass on the first round  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2011, 01:51:57 AM »
Heya BE!

I'll give it another Go

in game game ID:  TC
AH BBS Username: TequilaChaser

also, I'll volunteer again for the 6th time as a review committee member, if you choose to pick or accept me

my apologies for the last tourny, incase I was unable to be contacted....my main PC and myself had a disagreement and I was out of the game for most of the remainder of 2010 beginning bout mid Oct........ but this back up PC I am using now seems to be doing good enough.....

heck, I doubt I even make it past round 1 unless I luck up and get a bye, which I doubt, hasn't never happened yet  ROFL......

for those who are on the fence and undecided........ I strongly encourage all of you to sign up and join Bald Eagle's Tournament, you will meet new friends, you will pick up invaluable knowledge and find others who are like minded individuals such as yourself who enjoy the art of "WWII Air Combat" and Dog Fighting in the cartoon skys of AH, and each and everyone in this tournament will be greatful to meet up with you in the DA to practice .........

it is a WIN WIN WIN for all involved and this event helps strengthen the Aces High community as much as it will help each of you build New Friendships or build on already longtime friendships just by sharing the fun amongst each of you involved.....

come on and join up, all you will be losing , is losing out on the fun to be had by all involved  :cheers:  :airplane:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2011, 04:03:28 AM »
in game ID: GowGows
bbs: pigslilspaz

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!