Author Topic: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket *SIGN-UP HERE*  (Read 6008 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket *SIGN-UP HERE*
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:57:37 AM »
Wow.  I almost forgot about this today.  It’s time once again to sign-up for BaldEagl's SIXTH TRI-ANNUAL ACES HIGH ONE-ON-ONE DUELING BRACKET CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT.  This event will conclude our second year of Tri-Annual Tournaments.  The response to this tournament will decide it’s fate in the future.  If response is strong I will continue to host these three times per year.  If response is not as strong I will change this to a bi-annual event, most likely with winter/summer events but possibly with spring/fall events depending on how holidays fall.

Sign up here by stating so clearly and posting your in-game name even if it's the same as your BBs name.  You have two weeks to sign up.  The opening bracket will be posted on Sunday, January 30 and each Sunday thereafter until the tournament is concluded.  You have until noon CST/CDT Sunday, January 30 to join the event.  Late entries will not be considered.  Even if you don't want to join please spread the word in the arenas.  Many don't read the BBs and may not know about this event.

As always I encourage players of all skill levels to get involved and again welcome the recent transplants from Fighter Ace to join.  Since initial match-ups and plane selections are by random draw you never know who or what you're going to get.  Besides that it's fun and can be a good learning experience if you want to improve your ACM.  Most players will willingly put some time in with you after the duels if you ask.

I will periodically post an updated roster in this thread.  Please check in to make sure I haven't made a mistake in your in-game or BBs name or your in status in the tournament.

Once sign-up is completed I will start a new thread in the General Discussion forums titled “Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results”.  That's where you'll find your match-ups and post results of your duels.

Here's the links to the past tournaments:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,269285.0.html
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,275270.0.html
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,282937.0.html
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,290088.0.html
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,297463.0.html

Congrats to moot, JB11 (two consecutive championships), TonyJoey and batfinkv as our past champions.

I need four volunteers; three regular and one alternate as review committee members.  Some tournaments have created work for the committee, others not.  Just like the tournament itself, you never know what you're going to get.  You may be asked to review films within a 36 hour window.  I'll select four (hopefully long time community) members from all volunteers.

Don't let the rules intimidate you.  It's all about fair play but situations have occurred and people have asked for clarification and thus we have what follows.  Please read and understand the rules.  The only rule change for this tournament deals with malfunctioning equipment (i.e. computer, joystick, etc.).

As always, I’m IN.

Join up, have fun and good luck to all.   :salute

(continued in next post)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:14:22 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sixth Tri-annual dueling bracket *SIGNUP HERE*
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:58:08 AM »
- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- If the number of players exceeds a full round I will work them into the bracket although they will have to fly one more round than other players.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
- If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by noon CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three until the quarterfinal round.  From the quarterfinal round forward all duels will be best of five.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- During the elimination rounds the loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.  From the quarterfinals forward the player who is behind in the series chooses the next duel aircraft.  This means they could choose as many as three times consecutively to try to get back into contention (they lose the first and second duels then win the third making it 1-2 and get to choose for the third time for instance).  If the series becomes tied at any point then the loser of the last duel chooses.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling and floor (within reason) at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- If a player disco's the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a duel series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.
- If a player experiences technical and/or equipment issues the duel will continue.  After the duel that player will be allowed fifteen minutes to correct such issues and re-log to complete any remaining duels in the series.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose any remaining duels by default.
- Both players will film all duels from take-off in case of a dispute.  These films must be saved until at least noon on the Tuesday following the duel or until 48 hours after the end of any granted extension in case of a dispute.  If a dispute arises then they must be saved until such dispute is settled.
- Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from the quarter final round forward for the viewing pleasure of the community.  Films may be posted during earlier rounds if both participants agree.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested and films will be required to verify the win.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 noon CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Sunday afternoon/evening.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time and a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 noon CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in the Bracket and Results thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.  
- Each player has the opportunity to review films of their duels for potential rules violations.  If a player suspects a rules violation they can petition the review committee via PM.  Both regular and alternate committee members, the tournament administrator and the opposing player must be copied on the petition (the review committee members, alternates and administrator are listed in the roster).  This petition must be filed by the regular deadlines.  The player must include a posting of their own films with the petition along with a description of what they believe the rules violation to be.  An initial determination will be made within 36 hours of the petition.  If the review committee finds sufficient evidence to further their investigation a committee spokesperson will contact the opposing player for their films of the duels.  These films must be submitted within 36 hours of the committee's request or the duel(s) in question will be forfeit by that player.  The review committee will then make a final determination no later than 36 hours after receiving those films.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made the review committee will determine an appropriate course of action which could include a rematch, a random draw or the expulsion of one or both players from the tournament.  These stated actions are not intended to limit the actions that the review committee might recommend.  The review committee's determination will be final.  In any case a final determination will be posted by no later than midnight Thursday in a worst-case scenario.  If a final determination is not posted by noon Wednesday the winner of the dispute and their next opponent will automatically be given a 48 hour extension of their next duels, which must then be completed no later than noon Tuesday of the following week.  If a determination is made by noon Wednesday the normal noon Sunday deadline will be in effect.  Because this could delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.
- Violations of the official tournament rules as stated could constitute grounds for expulsion from the tournament.
- Any player caught breaking the rules twice in any tournament will be automatically ejected from the tournament.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Sunday, September 26 and each Sunday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

And here's a blank sample bracket:

I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Sixth Tri-annual dueling bracket *SIGNUP HERE*
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 01:09:12 AM »
BBS kilo2
Ingame Sukov
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
Re: Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket *SIGN-UP HERE*
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 01:52:11 AM »
In.

Ingame: L0nGb0w

bbs: L0nGb0w

the oh's are zeroes.
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:01:04 AM »
boards: mensa180

in game: Princess
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 02:16:21 AM »
BBS:DrBone1
InGame:DrBone
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 02:21:56 AM »
<---- BBS name
Game id - SunsFan
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:33:21 AM »
Representing FA transplants or as AKAK called it "the game for the flight sim challenged" I'm in, and hoping he will be as well.                                              I'm still nowhere near as comfortable in this game as I was in that one, but it should be fun nonetheless.                                                                     BBs: ARSNishi                   Ingame: ARSNishi

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:37:42 AM »
Oh ok....twist my arm

BBS        SPKmes
Ingame   Tongs

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 02:43:51 AM »
I'm in.....

SF

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 04:34:26 AM »
bbs: dkff49

ingame: haxxor

You might want to change the date for the posting of the original bracket at the bottom of the rules, unless we will need to wait until Sept 26 to start. :D

Thanks for putting this on again bald.

:salute
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:37:16 AM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 05:58:27 AM »
JOACH1M IN :airplane:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 08:26:23 AM »
bbs dmgod
ingame dmgod
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
Melvin
Melvin
See Rule #4

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 08:55:18 AM »
infowars

SWneo
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.