Author Topic: Windows 7 64 bit and Aces High  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: Windows 7 64 bit and Aces High
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 01:34:39 PM »
Get the optional ones too Tigger, hope it will help for you.. ~S~

Yeah I just finished all the updates... I can't really tell any difference.  I think I'll fly some today and see what happens.

That's kind of the problem with working from home.  Some days it's just hard to get motivated! ROFL

Offline roffi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 02:59:30 PM »
For those with latest NVIDIA drivers try setting the maximum pre-rendered frames to 0. I was having one or two crashes a night plus stuttering in sound and pauses with Joystick. Now seems OK. I have win7 x 64

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »
There may be no connection but...

I had been experiencing at least one crash to desktop per day, until the B29 patch.  I had not had a crash to desktop until today's patch (the first one).

May not be related, but thought I would put it out there.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 11:20:32 PM »
There may be no connection but...

I had been experiencing at least one crash to desktop per day, until the B29 patch.  I had not had a crash to desktop until today's patch (the first one).

May not be related, but thought I would put it out there.

A bunch of windows updates came out at that same exact time too.. might be because of that.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »
After patch, I thought crash when logging was fixed. I logged out yesterday, "ah exe stopped working", video went to 1024x768 from 1680x1050.
Could not get desktop resolution to change.
In game, I got a "Disabling Advanced graphics" message. Everything moved real slow.
And I was told I was warping.
Rebooted, all normal. Weird, this has only happened in last week.
It started before update or patch.
Any thoughts? Heat?
I also noticed instead of picking up my LG monitor, it's saying "Generic PnP Monitor".
                                             <S> Oz
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:44:54 AM by ozrocker »
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 08:33:38 PM »
I thought it was fixed too.  Just got the crash in a 163.  Only crash this month.  Was chasing altobuffs over the strat and pulled the e6b up to check my fuel.  The screen froze in the middle of the clipboard popping up.   :bhead   I think something similar happened last tour. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
As of the more recent updates, the first time I run the game, the moment I select an arena, it crashes, after every boot. After the initial crash, it works alright though... maybe a initialization issue with a particular device?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 08:47:11 AM »
As of the more recent updates, the first time I run the game, the moment I select an arena, it crashes, after every boot. After the initial crash, it works alright though... maybe a initialization issue with a particular device?

More that likely a device in an unknown state and when DirectX tries to init it, it fails, causing the game to crash.  Or another piece of software is interferring with a device DirectX is trying ito init.

Run DXDIAG and check all the devices, then look for any software that might be using any of those devices.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:48:52 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 11:24:20 AM »
After patch, I thought crash when logging was fixed. I logged out yesterday, "ah exe stopped working", video went to 1024x768 from 1680x1050.
Could not get desktop resolution to change.
In game, I got a "Disabling Advanced graphics" message. Everything moved real slow.
And I was told I was warping.
Rebooted, all normal. Weird, this has only happened in last week.
It started before update or patch.
Any thoughts? Heat?
I also noticed instead of picking up my LG monitor, it's saying "Generic PnP Monitor".
                                             <S> Oz

I had that happen to me and my graphics driver had become corrupted. Reinstalling a new driver fixed things.
"One-Eye"