Author Topic: Squad wanted!  (Read 1576 times)

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
Squad wanted!
« on: January 08, 2001, 08:15:00 PM »
Hi all,

As of late my squad has disapeared.  Attrition was high as a few canceled account for personal reasons and others couldnt make squade nights and such.  So now I'm basically (again) a squadie without a squadron.

I'm looking for a squad with high coheasion, and lots of fun.  I prefer a good organization with squadmates all striving towards a common goal.  I can fly weekday evenings between 9-1 EST, and very flexible weekends, and prefer a squad with at lease one solid squad night a week.

I'm not much for bombers (pronounced I suck in them), but do enjoy strick missions in fighters.  I am very capable in the Spitfire although the ammo limits kills.  I'm not too bad with the Typhoon and prefer it for quick strike missions and base defense from ground vehicles.  I've got a great handle on the 202/205 and while they really suck at most things, they are a quick base defenders dream.  I really prefer the F4U-D however.  I find its instant turn rate, zoom climb ability, huge ammo load, long range and excessive payload makes it the perfect plane if flown wisely.  I never fly the C-hog.

While I really liked my squad...now its just window dressing.  

[This message has been edited by 2Late4U (edited 01-08-2001).]

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
Squad wanted!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »
Check us out bro. www.reddragons.de/aceshigh
We fly primarily the 1D.  We don't disallow anyplane and encourage trying new things out.  We fly for the fun of it and pilot skill means less to us than personality.  We fly knight and have a blast!

S!
Rocket
VMF-115 "Joe's Jokers"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Squad wanted!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2001, 08:11:00 AM »
Rocket has a great squad! His is "one of the few" I would recommend!  

If their time does not work for you give us a peek.   Our goals have been the same for 3 years. Fly to have fun and make friends.
-------------------------
CM CO daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots & Check 6!

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Squad wanted!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2001, 08:16:00 AM »
I HIGHLY recommend VMF-115,VMF-111 or the 332nd Flying Mongrels, all fly for knights, and both have excellent personal on their squadrons.

~Death Rattlers~
Member of 'MAG-33' (Click here)
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info
Click here for interviews with other Aces High Squadrons
If you cannot do something well,
learn to enjoy doing it poorly!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-09-2001).]

Offline AKSneaky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.usaserve.net\sneakynet
Squad wanted!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
Take a look at the Arabian Knights during your searches.  If we don't suite your needs take a look at Rockets bunch.  I used to serve with them and Rocket and Redwing are very good friends and excellent sticks.

Note to Rocket:  Did you get the note I sent you about J18Wrecker getting started?  I was gonna try and steal him but then I remembered your agreement with the Jasta.  If you can help me get him fired up and trained he might do well.

S!
AKSneaky, 2/AH
Brigade Ops

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Squad wanted!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »
"Hiya.. you may remember me, Troy McClure; from such whacky and entertaining slap-stick comedys as..."   *WHAP* *SMACK* *THUMP*

Jeeze.. who let THAT guy in here. Anyway; The 1st/AG is recruiting, and although they don't fly the F4U they do fly the F6F5 and the P51. I can guarentee you plenty of action in a teamwork focused solid mission enviornment. We fly for Bishland... and captured rook and knit sheep are always shared out equally.  

Hang
1st/AG "Bishlanders"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.