Author Topic: upgrade the stuka  (Read 1043 times)

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
upgrade the stuka
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:06:01 PM »
be nice to have the 13mm tail gun and the  2 x 20mm wing guns if not also the twin 37mm pods...yeah been asked for before....has hitech said yes or no? or why not??

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: upgrade the stuka
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
13mm tail gun?  The largest rear machine gun used by the Stuka was a 7.92 mm machine gun in most cases the MG 15 with the exception of the D-5 and G-2 (based off the D-5) had 7.92mm MG 81Z machine guns.

The 20mm cannons were on the D-5, which would entail making another Stuka model as it is different enough from the D-3 (which we have) that it would require it.  It had larger wings and a more powerful engine and superior performance than the D-3.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
It would be nice for a while but eventually people would realize that it's just easy food for fighters.
If your thinking about GV hunting with it, Il-2 is still better, Ju-87 would remain a hangar queen.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 08:22:48 PM »
It would be nice for a while but eventually people would realize that it's just easy food for fighters.
If your thinking about GV hunting with it, Il-2 is still better, Ju-87 would remain a hangar queen.
well...if what ack-ack has stated is true, it sounds like that model stuka could become a nice dogfighter, if it'll have those 20mm cannons, better engine, plus the tight turning that the D-3 has.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:37:16 AM »
well...if what ack-ack has stated is true, it sounds like that model stuka could become a nice dogfighter, if it'll have those 20mm cannons, better engine, plus the tight turning that the D-3 has.

You mean: the stuka would be a nice dogfighter if it would have an engine with twice the power and the totally different airframe?

It's your lucky day, there is one! It's called Bf 109  :)
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:34 AM »
turning radius doesnt mean its a nice dogfighter, example, IMVHO the 190A-5 is a great dogfighter (although my lack of succes in it is due to my lack of skill) and it turns like a dumptruck, but it can climb good, and also pull a quick reversal, all the stuka can really do is flat turn
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:50:57 AM »
turning radius doesnt mean its a nice dogfighter, example, IMVHO the 190A-5 is a great dogfighter (although my lack of succes in it is due to my lack of skill) and it turns like a dumptruck, but it can climb good, and also pull a quick reversal, all the stuka can really do is flat turn
sorry i didnt explain what i ment right.

i mean it would be nice to have a divebomber that could properly defend itself if attacked.

only ones in game now i think that can do this is the sbd and ju-88.

plus that 20mm stuka could stick around the battlefield after it drops its payload, shooting any m3's or troops it sees.

be a great defending aircraft for friendly vb's

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 01:02:10 AM »
No doubt that a new stuka would draw a following of pilots, I like to fly it and try and sucker people into turning, the Ju-88 is fun to fight with aswell, I have only shot down two people in it but they were fun fights

and P.S, I would refer to the Ju 88 as a "shallow deccent bomber" as opposed to a dive bomber, as it was detrmined that the airframe could not take the stress, so it was recomended that they didnt exceed a 45 degree deccent  :)
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 01:40:01 AM »
well...if what ack-ack has stated is true, it sounds like that model stuka could become a nice dogfighter,

Why would it be a nice dogfighter?  If you really think that then you probably think a B-25 is a good dogfighter..oh wait you do.

The Ju 87D-5 in game would experience the same problem that plagued it in real life when there were enemy fighters in the air...death.  Just because you put cannons on it, it will not transform it into a dogfighter.

i mean it would be nice to have a divebomber that could properly defend itself if attacked.

it would not be able to "properly defend itself" any better than the current D-3 we have. 

ack-ack
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:44:02 AM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 09:41:32 AM »
Why would it be a nice dogfighter?  If you really think that then you probably think a B-25 is a good dogfighter..oh wait you do.

The Ju 87D-5 in game would experience the same problem that plagued it in real life when there were enemy fighters in the air...death.  Just because you put cannons on it, it will not transform it into a dogfighter.

it would not be able to "properly defend itself" any better than the current D-3 we have. 

ack-ack
RL =/= AH

we have lancasters divebombing.
a20s and b25s being furballers.
formations of 17's being cv killers.

im sure the D-5 could become a dogfighter in the way that people  turn the d3a,sbd,tbm into a dogfighter.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 09:44:32 AM »
RL =/= AH

we have lancasters divebombing.
a20s and b25s being furballers.
formations of 17's being cv killers.

im sure the D-5 could become a dogfighter in the way that people  turn the d3a,sbd,tbm into a dogfighter.

"Furball" a B-25 near me and you're towered 10 out of 10 times, as with most of the "Fair sticks and above".   You are not that good, but you and others who claim to be "B-25 Sierra Hotel sticks" have merely lost touch with reality.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 09:48:15 AM »
"Furball" a B-25 near me and you're towered 10 out of 10 times, as with most of the "Fair sticks and above".   You are not that good, but you and others who claim to be "B-25 Sierra Hotel sticks" have merely lost touch with reality.   
lol. yea im  "not that good" and "lost touch with reality" when youve never flown with or against me.  :rolleyes:

dont drag this to another thread just to argue our opinions of eachother.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 10:27:55 AM »
Tyrannis,
it has a reason why the MAs arent full with B-25Cs and furballing SBDs :rolleyes:
Think about it.
Anyway, the 20mm or the 37mm Stuka would be a nice addition.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
Tyrannis,
it has a reason why the MAs arent full with B-25Cs and furballing SBDs :rolleyes:
Think about it.
Anyway, the 20mm or the 37mm Stuka would be a nice addition.
true, im not saying that the b25c and sbd are straight-up any day dogfighters. just that some people can pull off dogfighting in them. (like ppl do for the sbd, d3a etc etc)and i dont mean that they are the first-picks for ppl when dogfighting comes to mine. im talking about when your put in the situation.

example: your in a b25, drop your ord, then are bounced by 2 planes. your b25 just switched from bomber to dogfighter mode.
and it would be like this with the D-5. you get bounced after dropping your bombs, atleast the D-5 would stand a chance to dogfight back (if you can drag the fight down to a turnfight)and with those 20mm cannons you'd have the firepower to shoot down the enemy plane. during the summer i had to defend my stuka against 49nems n1k, i shot him down in the end but those little peashooter guns took forever. the 20mm would be a much needed upgrade.
i did not mean "oh! theres a furball happening! let me choose this b25/stuka just for the sole purpose of shooting other planes!".

and its wrong to call someone a "bad pilot" and say somethings not possable just because that person cant do it. reminds me of one of my most favorite quotes.

"The person who says it cant be done, should not interrupt the person doing it".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:49:28 AM by Tyrannis »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »

Psstt...he's Nemisis.  -Nuff said.

ack-ack