Author Topic: arena closing got to go  (Read 2758 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: arena closing got to go
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
Look, this is the way it is. HT does things cause he wants to. We can cry about it all day long but, that isn't going to do anything except make us look like tards. He does what he wants, when he wants and how he wants. Get over it, It isn't going to change. This is his game and we play it his way. We are told what arena to fly in, what to fly and who to fly for. The sooner you except this, the less whines we all have to read on the BBS.

Thanks and come again
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »
Look, this is the way it is. HT does things cause he wants to. We can cry about it all day long but, that isn't going to do anything except make us look like tards. He does what he wants, when he wants and how he wants. Get over it, It isn't going to change. This is his game and we play it his way. We are told what arena to fly in, what to fly and who to fly for. The sooner you except this, the less whines we all have to read on the BBS.

Thanks and come again

Ok..Ok  who are you? and what have you done will BiPolar?

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »
My interpretation of the "object" of the game is that it is about fighting, the mistake is when the definition of fighting is pigeon holed into one particular example.   The game is at it's most successful when PvP fighting/conflict can occur easily, whether the result of that fighting is a plane being shot down, a base being captured, a GV going "boom", or a failed intercept and buildings being bombed is less relevant.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »
Wrong again, to win you have to have 90% of your own bases and 40% of enemy bases at least that's what HTC says. How you can get that by just fighting let us all know since you cant capture bases by furballing

Ahh I failed to account for those that look for bases with no defense and sneak it. "Milking" Thanks for pointing that out.

Other than that you have to fight to take a base.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2011, 02:51:15 PM »
I love the single arena.  When it closes, oh well.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
My objective is to beat every opponent (win) that I run into ... that's the game that I play. Point being ... there is more than just 1 "game/objective" in this game and one is no more important than the other.

^^^^ gets it :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2011, 03:00:33 PM »
Doesn't really bother me at all, and as many have said, was a huge huge improvement for many of our European players.  Not only will it help retain those players, but probably attract new ones.  I suppose the time could be pushed back a little bit, the arena closing at 11PM Pacific time seems a little early for those guys.

This time is another wife ack.  It gives another reason to stop playing and go to bed.  Either pull it forward or push it out.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 01:51:00 AM »
I know im a bit late on this and I wassnt gonna say squat but I just have to,the game is about COMBAT In the air,on the land,on the sea,the whole win the war,base taking was added to promote combat,it is NOT a WW2 sim,it is a COMBAT sim using WW2 craft,(and a bit of WW1)plain and simple.If it was to emulate  WW2 there would be no all planes open to all sides,what the hell is so hard to understand about that?Many people find enjoyment in all aspects of the game,many people are here just for the Air COMBAT,which is what it was origanally about,Hence the name ACES HIGH..that has expanded to enclude GV's,(were GV's part of the original AH?)A "war" aspect ,all have been encluded for more flavors of what?Can we say COMBAT...those who think its only about winning the war are wrong.period, its about...one more time..COMBAT using WW2 craft.I wonder if Hitech knew what he was getting into by adding the whole"war"aspect,would he have still have done it.personaly I think that was what started the rift in players.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2011, 02:16:10 AM »
I like it, before the change orange and blue arena had 40 people on each, that did not work very well.
:aok :aok
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)