Author Topic: arena closing got to go  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
arena closing got to go
« on: January 23, 2011, 01:17:19 AM »
Arena closing at 2:10 am est. is a joke and needs to stop. When a country gets rolling the time runs out, I don't know who's idea this is but it should stop. Turns the game play into a waste of time. If off hour arenas are so important why are they at 850 cap and the prime time arena is split into to and time limit. Lets go back to the way it was.
We wont pick on you and say WE TOLD YOU IT WAS A BAD IDEA but we tried to tell you before you changed it .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:19:13 AM by Digr1 »

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: arena closing got to go
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 01:24:21 AM »
Yes please get rid of this off hours stuff  :pray
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 01:31:44 AM »
I like it, before the change orange and blue arena had 40 people on each, that did not work very well.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:30:29 AM »
It's been the single best improvement in game play in years for me. If it goes back to what it was, I seriously doubt that I'll continue subscribing.
Retired

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 02:49:15 AM »
I think it sucks but, I could care less at this point.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 02:52:55 AM »
What was changed about the arenas?
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 02:58:56 AM »
What was changed about the arenas?

The Late War Off Hours Arena

Quote from:  HTC Announcements
Starting today, we've making a change to the setup of the late war main arenas.  Instead of two around-the-clock late war arenas, we're switching to a system of four arenas that are available only at certain times.  There will be two late war prime time arenas, one late war arena for off peak hours, and one late war arena for Titanic Tuesday.  The prime time arenas will be open from 4 p.m. Central until 1 a.m. excluding Tuesdays.  The off peak arena will run between 1 a.m. and 4 p.m.  excluding Wednesdays.  Titanic Tuesday will now run from 4 p.m. Tuesday until 4 p.m. Wednesday.  These times are subject to adjustment as needed.  All other arenas are unaffected by this change.

Prior to an arena closing, there will be an automatic arena message broadcast 5 minutes before the change.  Once the change takes place, there will be an additional 10 minutes for players to land their sorties before the arena is evacuated.

Although the various late war arenas are only open during their allotted times, all the arenas are persistent and save all field ownership and damage states from the time they close until the time they open again.  For example, what happens on Titanic Tuesday will carry through to the next Titanic Tuesday.

We hope that players will find this system much better at adapting to the differing needs of peak hour players and off peak hour players and making the transition between the two better.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:00:39 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 04:02:13 AM »
Its a vast improvement :salute
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 04:13:40 AM »
It's been the single best improvement in game play in years for me.

+1
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 05:25:44 AM »
It's been the single best improvement in game play in years for me. If it goes back to what it was, I seriously doubt that I'll continue subscribing.

This.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 05:50:02 AM »
we were just discussing this same issue the other night in the off hours arena.  people who dont log any more are the ones who were doing milk runs in an arena that had 20 people.  most of the guys are happy with the new set up.  more players more chances to actually fight somebody.  unless of course you are the vsquad.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 06:50:51 AM »
Personally I think the times are part of the issue.  If you watch the arena population from 1pm EST till about 5pm EST, the numbers are huge.  350-450+ people on a small map.  From about 1pm till the lock its horde on horde combat.   I understand the theroy behind it all, it just needs some tweaks.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 09:05:57 AM »
The new system is fantastic!!
You have to keep in consideration the problems we had going on before and see what it fixed and picking the lesser of all evils in both situations.

Only gripe I have is that loosing track of time and getting into a great fight only to see that the arena is locking in 5 minutes kind of sucks. This is only a temporary inconvience because since everyone settled into the new system, popluations in both arenas have been really steady and have stayed like that the rest of the night.
The issues of map rotations is a double edged sword. Yes you will have a new map, but then the basetakers are whining that wars arent being won. The issues of resetting the maps are there because I think all 3 sides are getting consistant #s throughout the night. ENY seems to be an issue very few times since the new system and although you might see it once in a while, overwhelming #s on one side isnt the case as it was before. This in turn makes it harder for sides to roll maps because the fights are coming from both fronts.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
The new system is fantastic!!
You have to keep in consideration the problems we had going on before and see what it fixed and picking the lesser of all evils in both situations.

Only gripe I have is that loosing track of time and getting into a great fight only to see that the arena is locking in 5 minutes kind of sucks. This is only a temporary inconvience because since everyone settled into the new system, popluations in both arenas have been really steady and have stayed like that the rest of the night.
The issues of map rotations is a double edged sword. Yes you will have a new map, but then the basetakers are whining that wars arent being won. The issues of resetting the maps are there because I think all 3 sides are getting consistant #s throughout the night. ENY seems to be an issue very few times since the new system and although you might see it once in a while, overwhelming #s on one side isnt the case as it was before. This in turn makes it harder for sides to roll maps because the fights are coming from both fronts.

+++++1

The old way:  One arena with 4/5 of the people online, the other with 20 people split between three sides. 
No one could get into the "popular" arena.  Now, both LWs are pretty even.  Fights for everyone.

Solution to the OP's whine:  Points for taking bases off line and auto WTGs for killing drones.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
Doesn't really bother me at all, and as many have said, was a huge huge improvement for many of our European players.  Not only will it help retain those players, but probably attract new ones.  I suppose the time could be pushed back a little bit, the arena closing at 11PM Pacific time seems a little early for those guys.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.