Author Topic: Something Strange in Tank Town Today  (Read 1019 times)

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
Something Strange in Tank Town Today
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »
Many sorties and I didn't get bombed even once. Tank Town in off hours arena today was crowded with tanks from all three sides. Epic tank battles today. There were a few tards that came over to drop bombs but were quickly dispatched by  fighters from all three countries. I noticed that in a few cases Nits, Rook, and  Bish pilots worked together to dispatch the bomb tards and take out ords at nearby bases..

I for one was happy to see Tank Town come back to life again.. Got killed a bunch  of times today by other tanks. Not the norm. The recent norm was to spawn into tank town and get killed by bombs..

Had a great time playing the game there today.... :salute Salute all three sides for keeping the bombs at a minimum...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:46:23 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Something Strange in Tank Town Today
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 03:55:11 AM »
progress has been made!

but for how long?  :noid

:joystick:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 04:12:44 AM »
I still remember the old times of when TT was a wonderful place to fight. i hope people start realizing it can still be that way :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »
I remember 2 or 3 graphics updates ago before the new trees/tank traps/hedges that ended up ruining it, you could up a Tiger and easily rack up 100 kills because nothing else could touch you (Panzer was the best thing besides another Tiger). As you spawned in hundreds of rounds were flying all over the place.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »
Yep I do miss the old tank town days. Just goes to show Change ain't always good thing.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 08:12:06 AM »
+1  on missing the old tank town!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
I miss the old closer spawns, the one landing pad in town. I wish we had the city like in the strats as the tank town.  +2 to missing the old tank town.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
I almost took an IL2 to shoot at tanks then went nah Ill leave them guys alone plenty of fighter to mess with.
then almost got killed tryin to get a A20 before it could get to the spawns.  :rock
<S> Tankers
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline aamack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »
Maybe HTC should deploy virtual barrage balloons around TT which would block or limit access to the area by damaging or destroying planes that attack GV's. Some AI ack might help too.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
I love bombing GVs in tank town. The cries make it that much more satisfying. I target the people dug in up on the hills, not so much the guys duking it out in the trenches.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »
I love bombing GVs in tank town. The cries make it that much more satisfying. I target the people dug in up on the hills, not so much the guys duking it out in the trenches.

The guys dug in on the hills deserve to be bombed. They are just up there score padding and picking, afraid to go down into the trenches...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 03:59:28 PM »
How I see it sky, why they are first on my hit list :devil
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
     Picking Panzers ...oh the humanity!   :lol
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:49 PM »
The guys dug in on the hills deserve to be bombed. They are just up there score padding and picking, afraid to go down into the trenches...
I kill and got killed while up there,, and kill and got killed from down below,, fun thing is,, i killed the ones who thought they would steal my spot,up there,, from below, no need to pad score tho,, just another fun spot to shoot from!
Any way, it has been fun being in and around tank town the last few days, even if i do die a lot more there, it reminds me of how I used to play there, except for all the trees and shrubs and stuff,,,, I still wish we had the old TT back.
Maybe keep the new town and the spawns but make it a desert again, then slug it out like we used to!  I got killed hundreds of times trying to get up in the old days, but once i did get out, 100 wasn't a hard number to reach!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »
Maybe HTC should deploy virtual barrage balloons around TT which would block or limit access to the area by damaging or destroying planes that attack GV's. Some AI ack might help too.

+1 on the barrage balloons.
Time's fun when you're having flies.