Author Topic: Your best landings with parts missing?  (Read 2796 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Your best landings with parts missing?
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 08:20:53 AM »
I once landed a Ki61 without and control surfaces except the rudder. Using engine power to control the pitch and the rudder to control the turn and roll, belly landing it (I was missing a gear). I had the good fortune of being lined up with runway at long vis range. Sadly that replay is on my old laptop which had the HDD go poof. :frown:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Smkn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 11:48:57 AM »
Ah, yes. Did have flaps. Also had a pilot wound.

You forgot to mention your flaps, which seem just fine......  :salute

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:20 PM »
last august. il2 vs an ostie and a panzer. ostie does me some damage.

first wing tip gone:

second wing gone:

time to rtb:

almost there:

safe landing:

:neener:
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »
Me-262 with no elevators or ailerons.

I had to fly by flaps, throttle control, and rudder.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »
I seem to remember this one actually flew better after the termites got at it, but had to land eventually for fuel  :rofl

"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 10:17:25 PM »
Lost both my wingtips to a HO once in a P38, But he went down. On my way back to base I encountered a 190A8 and shot him down, so I landed 2 kills missing both wingtips.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »
had a 262 with no wingtips, got home from 20k to the deck using throttle and rudder. when i got to the landing i found out the gear was gone and i belly landed it, losing all my parts and was 1 millimeter away from the grass when i stopped so i could land my 4 kills

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2011, 01:32:38 AM »
Upped a fm2 from a cv, had a couple of fights, got a kill, got shot up - went back to land on the cv (needed more eggs) oil on windscreen made it difficult to see, misjudged the glide slope, ended up landing below the flight deck (ie, on the quarter deck). Found it a bit funny, was being rearmed, but no way I could get back up (no wings, engine etc by this time). Called it out to a squaddie (bamboo) who was flying around, he almost crashed laughing.

Checked the film, but it shows me nowhere near the cv being rearmed  :mad:

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:44 AM »
Mine was more of a takeoff,,,

Was headed to enemy base with a goon, As I was getting close, noticed base was too hot with cons

So i landed a couple miles away, unfortunately I clipped a wing off while driving the goon to a spot that gave me room to takeoff again, so i carefully clipped the other wing off and was able take off again, barely keeping the plane airborne (wep on and standing on the rudder) ended up making it to the base and got the capture  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:48:06 AM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
Mine was more of a takeoff,,,

Was headed to enemy base with a goon, As I was getting close, noticed base was too hot with cons

So i landed a couple miles away, unfortunately I clipped a wing off while driving the goon to a spot that gave me room to takeoff again, so i carefully clipped the other wing off and was able take off again, barely keeping the plane airborne (wep on and standing on the rudder) ended up making it to the base and got the capture  :D

kinda funny similar deal, I was in an A20 a few months ago defending a field, shot down a 190D but got shot up pretty badly by an LA7 and lost both outer wings.  Couldn't do anything but nose over and try to put her down on the beach with hopes of taxiing back to the field. However, while airborne I had seen a C47 coming in to land on the beach a ways off from our town, hoping to hide while his buddies worked the town I guess. I managed to land the crippled A20 on the beach facing in the general direction of town and where I had seen the goon land, and the LA had been killed by a friendly right after hitting me, so there wasn't any immediate threat. Instead of taxiing back to the field I idled her up and took off down the beach on 3 wheels, goon hunting in my wingless A20! (I still to this day don't know why I didn't just ditch and get a new plane, but I guess in the heat of the moment, since I was pointed the right direction, I just said "why the heck not?!?" )

Well, he was right where I thought he would be, and sure enough he heard or saw me coming because he cranked up and tried to turn around take off in the other direction...... didn't work out too well for him, I filled him with 0.50's  before he could get wheels up!  Unfortunately for me I had a bit of speed built up and in order to get the nose up to hit him from the range I was shooting from I had to put in a bit of up elevator to get her to rotate..... it couldn't have been a half a secong after he went boom I managed to break my gear off and ended up ditching.... Would have liked to been able to land that one!  :rofl :rofl
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2011, 07:42:26 PM »
i was messing around in an offline mission today and lost half a wing in a p40, after that happened a zero pooped up in front of me so i shot, blew him up and landed 4 kills :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:he got PAWNED

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2011, 08:01:31 PM »
 Probably a 234 with no elevators, 1 aileron, and no nose gear.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
I was flying a P-38 and got both vertical stabs shot clean off.  Flew almost a whole sector back to base by alternating engine power.  It's interesting to watch.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »
FW 190A-8 both outer wing edges gone.  Lost them to one of ThunderEgg's High Alt Buff missions(Salute 91st).  I was at just over 30,000 when the damage occurred.  I was sweating like a mad man trying to keep it level and descending for what seemed like 10-15 mins.  It kept wanting to roll over towards the right.  I am sure I was missing more than just the wing tips.  I slid it onto the runway and got a successful landing and two bomber kills to boot. :rock
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!