Author Topic: joystick needed.  (Read 1171 times)

Offline skagneti

• Zinc Member
joystick needed.
« on: January 24, 2011, 05:38:59 PM »
My second x52 in a year and a half just crapped out on me :joystick: and so I wanted to see if anybody had some used lightly used equipment for sale.  have a 3d pro for now, but have grown very used to a hotas setup.  If anyone has anything that they are looking to get rid of I would be willing to pay a reasonable price.  I will check this thread for a while or someone can pm me or just email me at skagneti@cox.net.  Thanks all  :salute

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: joystick needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »
As long as your throttle still works, you can use that in conjunction with any other joystick.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:23:17 PM »
What happened to the X52?  It may be an easy fix.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline skagneti

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:48:15 PM »
Ended up ordering a new x52 from walmart...couldn't wait...thanks all

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
This is the reason I got CH I've had this set USB for 10 years now with out a problem. My set be for that was the CH anolog which I used for a good many years and still worked when I bought the USB ones. Buy once not every year or two like other makers.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline skagneti

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
yeah I am thinking about getting a CH, but for my desk footpedals aren't ideal so i need a twisty stick.  If there was another option that was reasonably priced and as fully featured as the x52 I would buy it.  Bottom line, the x52 is a pretty darn good stick with really crappy reliability.

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
Its your fault for spending that much cash on crap...... I had a X52 pro and buttons started for frazzle on my within two months.... I sold that POS like it had the plague. I bought a CH setup like 2 years ago and have NEVER had one single issue with it. There is nothing glamorous about these setups but they are bullet proof and heres the best part.... MADE IN USA. Im sooo tired of paying for crap made my chinese I dont care what brand it is... Saitek doesnt have a good rep in my opinion for reliability  just watch a few x52 videos on youtube and you will see why. Theres guys on there taking hammers to the things..

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 01:55:19 AM »
I don't get it.. I used my X52 for years with no problems whatsoever.  I've replaced it for a force-feedback stick last summer, but it still works perfectly, even after 4 years of use!  And I didn't exactly baby it either.  Before the X52 I had the X45 for a couple of years and the only reason I had to replace it was because I was lubing it with WD40, and its plastic didn't like that very much.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 02:21:32 AM »
sorry you ch freaks  :D, we know your ch sticks <begining sarcasm font> will last forever <ends sarcasm font>, but did you read the part where he said he CANT HAVE PEDALS?

your x52 will be fine, just remember to get a self-powered usb hub.  that should take care of most of your problems.  I had an x52 and ended up giving it away, got tired of waiting for it to break down so i could buy the awesome ch stick.  will probably have it for sale soon, getting tired of taping the dang wheels on the base.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 02:22:31 AM »
sorry you ch freaks  :D, we know your ch sticks <begining sarcasm font> will last forever <ends sarcasm font>, but did you read the part where he said he CANT HAVE PEDALS?

your x52 will be fine, just remember to get a self-powered usb hub.  that should take care of most of your problems.  I had an x52 and ended up giving it away, got tired of waiting for it to break down so i could buy the awesome ch stick.  will probably have a ch fighterstick for sale soon, getting tired of taping the dang wheels on the base.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 05:48:46 AM »
vyour x52 will be fine, just remember to get a self-powered usb hub.  vsemp

Best advice yet

Thought my X52 was in the process of dying until i bought a powered USB hub.......its worked flawlessly now for 4yrs
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »
I purchased a complete CH set, Fighterstick, throttle and peddles (USB) from http://www.amazon.com  some years back. This sits quietly in a drawer awaiting activation!  :)  The current MS Force Feed Sidewinder Pro has served me well for many years and continues today.

They *often* have great deals on components, games and PC parts.. Just an FYI.  CRYPTICs link is great too.
I shop several sites often when checking prices.

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »
my x-52 just did a flip through the air today and then did two summer-salts when it hit the ground... that stupid POS decided to reset itself in the middle of a nice couple sorties, which leaves my head staring at the seat and spinning counterclockwise super fast... only fix restart AH to recognize the stick...
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 07:32:31 PM »
my x-52 just did a flip through the air today and then did two summer-salts when it hit the ground... that stupid POS decided to reset itself in the middle of a nice couple sorties, which leaves my head staring at the seat and spinning counterclockwise super fast... only fix restart AH to recognize the stick...

hmmmmm have you tried deleting and reinstalling X52 software?
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey