Author Topic: world war two radio vox channel  (Read 839 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: world war two radio vox channel
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »
That's simple enough, while someone speaks, the music grows quiet.

-Penguin

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »
That's simple enough, while someone speaks, the music grows quiet.

-Penguin

you misunderstood. if the "vox radio" channel isnt the normal communications channel, you wont be able to communicate with your group. as far as I know, you can only be tuned into one vox channel at a time

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »
you misunderstood. if the "vox radio" channel isnt the normal communications channel, you wont be able to communicate with your group. as far as I know, you can only be tuned into one vox channel at a time
do you mean how can you hear your squad on vox or possably a mission on vox?

alot of squads on here have said they use other types of comunication (like ventrilio, team-speak etc) and most (but not all) missions use local Vox. so just have the music cut out whenever another Vox is activated.

plus this would be a better thing to have to give bomber crews or those long fighter missions something to listen to other than the sound of the engine.  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »
music copyright expires 50yrs after it was published or recorded, so anything on the radio during WWII is free to use now.

some time back skuz removed an image I posted for copyright violation. it was by Titian - the copyright expired 400ish years ago :lol

If I remember correctly there is no recording saved from 400insh years ago.  so somebody else must have recorded it in a more recent time.  you can record yourself and own the rights to your own recording of any of Mozart's symphonies.  it doesn't mean you own the copyright to Mozart's symphonies.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »
Titian was a painter, use google image search, his work is stunning :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 01:43:13 PM »
Not quite true.

The U.S. Copyright Act of 1976 extended copyright to 75 years.  The Copyright Term extension act of 1996, added 20 more years.  Any music copyrighted in 1940 will still be protected until 2035.

As far as protecting our service from those who would violate copyright or any other exclusive display contracts, we will err to caution.
so is this pretty much a no to the vox music channel idea?  :(

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
Titian was a painter, use google image search, his work is stunning :aok

but who owned the copyright to the picture you posted?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »
There are internet radio stations that play 40's era music.  

Live365.com

Station is Rat Patrol Radio

Its free, but you can get a VIP account.....VIP gives you alot of really great stations.

WWII music and news broadcasts

Listen to it all the time when im on a long B17 run. Plays in the backround and has no negative affects on the game :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »
Live365.com

Station is Rat Patrol Radio

Its free, but you can get a VIP account.....VIP gives you alot of really great stations.

WWII music and news broadcasts

Listen to it all the time when im on a long B17 run. Plays in the backround and has no negative affects on the game :aok
theres 1 negative effect.

to say, switch a channel, or in youtubes case, a song, you have to put the game box down. which means you'll no longer be able to watch out for fighters while your games down, and for some ppl lowering there game causes it to crash.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »
and i have to turn AVG off while i play aceshigh (as well as others) therefore we cant access the internet while we fly.  :(

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 06:37:09 AM »
theres 1 negative effect.

to say, switch a channel, or in youtubes case, a song, you have to put the game box down. which means you'll no longer be able to watch out for fighters while your games down, and for some ppl lowering there game causes it to crash.
There are few systems lower than mine  :lol (embarassment keeps me from posting the specs) But i once described my video card (x300se) as such (I posted this in the hardware forum).... <clip>I plugged it in and ran a DXDIAG. I found out its an ATI radeon x300 se 128 mb PCIe card. From what ive read, this card is equal to a little old man on valium, wearing coke bottle glasses, living inside the computer, drawing the graphics and slapping the picture on the screen  .

Live 365 is an internet radio station so theirs no having to minimize and switch songs, its a continous broadcast.  Vera Lynn,Andrews sisters,Glen Miller etc........The news reports are excellent as well.

Give it a whirl, like i said above its a continous broadcast,and is really cool to listen to when on those long flights. Im not saying im against your wish, Id love it myself. But this works until your wish comes to fruition. At least it works on my ancient system.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:39:36 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 07:13:36 AM »
I found one this morning that has downloadable mp3s of a AFRS program called "Mail Call" - 6 hrs total in 6 downloadable files - so you wouldn't have to be connected to Internet to stream the file.   I really liked Live365 to with the newsbreaks from the period.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »
There are few systems lower than mine  :lol (embarassment keeps me from posting the specs) But i once described my video card (x300se) as such (I posted this in the hardware forum).... <clip>I plugged it in and ran a DXDIAG. I found out its an ATI radeon x300 se 128 mb PCIe card. From what ive read, this card is equal to a little old man on valium, wearing coke bottle glasses, living inside the computer, drawing the graphics and slapping the picture on the screen  .

Live 365 is an internet radio station so theirs no having to minimize and switch songs, its a continous broadcast.  Vera Lynn,Andrews sisters,Glen Miller etc........The news reports are excellent as well.

Give it a whirl, like i said above its a continous broadcast,and is really cool to listen to when on those long flights. Im not saying im against your wish, Id love it myself. But this works until your wish comes to fruition. At least it works on my ancient system.
what what i can find so far you have to pay for the stations there :/

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 12:50:24 PM »
Rat Patrol Radio is free.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 01:19:04 PM »
Rat Patrol Radio is free.
how do i find it tho? link?