Author Topic: my Trackir so far  (Read 2181 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: my Trackir so far
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:05 PM »
Cap, check your PM.  If it works for you, pay attention to the hotkeys I have set for pause/un-pause and recenter.  It works for me because I use my throttle-hand to hit those keys for my TIR.
thank ya sir!!!!!   

i did a lil better tonight, flightwise, but died more. i kdpt getting disoriented when i'd go purely vertical, trying to rope someone. i kept letting the plane fall off to one side.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »
Cap,

I get the "sore neck syndrome" as well.  If you need would like to use my profile you are welcome to it as well.

LuLu also figured out a way to use the TIRMouse function so that you can scan around with the 6 view as well by engaging a spare button on one of your sticks.  It works really well but takes a bit to tweak it so that it is just right.  I use this when flying in the F4 series aircraft so that I can look behind me and scan very well without even turning my head.

He has a link to the instructions on the TrackIR Kamasutra thread.  If you would like to know how to set it up I would be happy to show you.  I don't use it much but when I do it works great.

Good Luck and glad you are enjoying it thus far!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2011, 05:47:59 AM »
I like the idea of trying it first....money is tight you know what they say "Starving Artist"  but my fortune goes up and down so maybe some day. that is the last piece im missin.

Offline MajQBall

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »
Hi Cap

I also have a track ir 5 with clip and have been disappointed with it.  My trouble has been with the up view, back view and keeping the front view still enough to hit anything. I loved the overall immersion with track ir but my SA suffered with the limitations. :bhead  Thanks to this tread I have learned some great things that help me and I think can help you. :O

ImADot posted that the camera is adjustable and like you Cap I didn't think it could be tillted back just moved side to side.  I took the camera part off the base that is held with magnets and gently pushed back on the base magnet and low an behold, it is on a hing, now I placed my camera back and it is level. This with the suggestion from another post of making the pitch in tracker unsymmetrical with the positive more vertical and the negative more flat really helps my vertical views.

Someone also posted, unselected all but the Track IR in the options/preferences/view in HTC.  Thanks it helps, just lean in a bit an turn your head and you can see around the backrest.

I know about setting some dead zone to keep the front view still but the same person that mention about the vertical and having it unsymmetrical mention to keep the yaw positive and negative more flat with a small dead zone. This with a small amount of Vertical dead zone has helped me steady my front view.  Thanks guys.   

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
also, you'll see an option to "re-center". you can put that onto any button you wish. that helps me with the forward shots.

i noticed i took some shots that felt more "intuitive" than before, if that makes any sense. i still died a lot......but it's more fun getting to that point.  :airplane:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)