Author Topic: Up this week: Solomon Island 1943  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
Re: Up this week: Solomon Island 1943
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »
I'm no Pro but I think if you turn off the Akk  that would promote carrier camping. I think its needed.

It didn't kill me and it was immersing ,there was just allot of it when the ships were around.

Is there a way to limit or controll tasking and set it to prevent ships  from getting to close to the air fields?
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »
The best thing to do would be move the fleets out of the area and keep them there./ Or maybe just keep one that rotates in and out.
Even if you turn the ack down on the CVs the tracers and puffy are going to be a constant finger pointing towards Allied aircraft.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
i had wanted it in there for a bit more immersion. i didn't want anyone to be able to use them to hide in, or try to lure someone else into it for an easy kill ala ma style.

maybe if we had it loop through as you suggested, that would/could be a bit more realistic?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
i had wanted it in there for a bit more immersion. i didn't want anyone to be able to use them to hide in, or try to lure someone else into it for an easy kill ala ma style.

maybe if we had it loop through as you suggested, that would/could be a bit more realistic?

Yeah why not try cutting down on the number of TFs and have one or at the max two looping through the area.
Just an idea CAP.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
send them just north of bermuda and let the aliens have em ;)  :t
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »
I like the carrier groups inbetween the bases just for the immersion, but it does make it easy to find the bad guys. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »
Puffy Ack no problem so what if ya have a few extra bullet holes in your wing besides I like flying thru the smoke in the sky :) Other then that Killer Set up Cap just need to see ya there hahahahahaha I should be in later tonight to turn and burn my zeke or 38g hopefully my aim gets better could not hit the broadside of a barn yesterday.

Crazy8s
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2011, 02:21:23 PM »
same here... I've been shooting behind people all week grrrrrr  :bhead
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
Ki-61 in AH is really a second half of 1944 fighter and shouldn't really be in a 1943 setup, but I guess as a substitute for the actual 1943 Ki-61s it has to do.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »
Since Karnak brought it up.   :confused:

The best that the arena could offer is "historically inspired" setups.  The staff takes the time to research the time periods and give a glimpse of some of the more "fun" matchups.  Karnak probably has some very valid points.  Maybe the damage model / fuel tanks, performance, etc. would not be the same animal.   

I wouldn't want to see the early model zeke in it alone.  I kept running out of cannons thinking, wow that was quick.  Mainly used to the later model zeke ammo.   My zeke with no cannons, I basically have to harrass an enemy to the ground.  :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »
Since Karnak brought it up.   :confused:

The best that the arena could offer is "historically inspired" setups.  The staff takes the time to research the time periods and give a glimpse of some of the more "fun" matchups.  Karnak probably has some very valid points.  Maybe the damage model / fuel tanks, performance, etc. would not be the same animal.   

I wouldn't want to see the early model zeke in it alone.  I kept running out of cannons thinking, wow that was quick.  Mainly used to the later model zeke ammo.   My zeke with no cannons, I basically have to harrass an enemy to the ground.  :D

sometimes that in itself is fun. since i know how annoying it sounds....like someone's pelting me with spitballs.........i can get pleasure out of hitting them the same way.  :devil

i hadn't realized our ki61 was a later war ride. but then again, as you said....if only the zeek.....it'd be a cartoon bloodbath.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
sometimes that in itself is fun. since i know how annoying it sounds....like someone's pelting me with spitballs.........i can get pleasure out of hitting them the same way.  :devil

i hadn't realized our ki61 was a later war ride. but then again, as you said....if only the zeek.....it'd be a cartoon bloodbath.

Most of the old timers are aware of that our Ki-61 is the KI-61 I KAIc. However since we don't have the Ki-61-I-Hei  that the 68th and 78th Sentais flew in New Guinea or the KI-43, or even the KI-44 which some VF-17 pilot's reported kills of..Everybody is just going to have to squint a little and bear it. :D Unless you want the Allies fighting empty air. Plus it's not like the KI-61 is over powering the arena especially with me at the controls. This is a good setup you have going CAP. It shows the how the early Zeke was getting long in the tooth when the Corsairs and Lightnings started arriving. The KI-61 is a good match against the Corsair and Lightning. The Corsair is out running and out turning the KI-61 at low speed. The Lightning is out climbing the KI 61 and both have a better punch firepower wise than the Tony. It's a pretty balanced setup with a slight advantage to the Allies as a PTO during this time frame should be. There's not an over abundance of fighter types in the setup so the Corsair Lightning Zeke and Tony are all getting to show off their strong suits and their short comings vividly. The fights are fun and brutal with both sides using their strengths to try and take advantage of their enemies weakness. You don't get too see this as clearly in one of the everyday let's put everything in the air that flew in that year type setups. Hopefully folks will take advantage of it and try the planes on both sides. By the way a Big SALUTE to the 20th FG for the way they are splitting up and balancing the arena.

<S>

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 06:18:36 PM »
I appreciate the effort made regardless that things arent "exactly" the way it would have been 68-69 years ago. We are restricted to plane sets that are in the existing AH planeset. One of the things that I really dig is that it isnt always 2 pm in the AvA arena. Could be dusk or dawn, could have cloud cover or moderate to high winds, these factors add a truer sense of "sim" to the arena. Keep it up, but you'd be preaching to the choir.
<S>
Carver

PS. Bring back night time, nothing more fun then chasing your own shadow around for 7 minutes lol.
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »
I appreciate the effort made regardless that things arent "exactly" the way it would have been 68-69 years ago. We are restricted to plane sets that are in the existing AH planeset. One of the things that I really dig is that it isnt always 2 pm in the AvA arena. Could be dusk or dawn, could have cloud cover or moderate to high winds, these factors add a truer sense of "sim" to the arena. Keep it up, but you'd be preaching to the choir.
<S>
Carver

PS. Bring back night time, nothing more fun then chasing your own shadow around for 7 minutes lol.

i had thought about adding wind, and a low cloud cover,  but took some advice, and left them out for this one.

i didn't see any night time last night, but that was something i had wanted to happen for 5 minutes or so every hour......night fighting over the water is fun.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »
One thing I think everybody needs to keep in mind is that 'balance' is often impossible to achieve especially with the limited plane sets we have available to us.  But 'balance' wasn't really something each side strove for in every time frame during WWII.  The last three setups favored the allies and I'm not griping in any way shape or form :D.  I just try to figure out what I can do in what I'm in and try to use that to my advantage.  So far with not much luck but *shrug* it's all about the good fight right?