Author Topic: Stick Stir  (Read 2176 times)

Offline higheye

• Zinc Member
Stick Stir
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:25:45 PM »
This is my first post on the forum, something has became a real bummer to me as of late and I just wanted to see what others opinion of it was.  I have noticed a large increase in pilots using completely impossible aircraft manuvers to avoid a six shot.  Now I know that noone wants to be shot down in here, but when pilots are doing manuvers that no sane pilot would ever attempt on a regular basis (even in an Extra 300) there seems to be a problem.  Doing these stick stirring manuvers just shows a lack of, or even an attempt to learn air combat manuvers.  I strongly feel that there should be a way for the combat to be more realistic, in the long run it would mean more fun for all.  <Salute> Aces High nation, and thanks.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stick Stir
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:36:33 PM »
howdy high...

might want to toss out some jackal repellent and a flameproof suit because I can hear them coming ;)

Welcome to the boards regardless.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 02:36:48 PM »
they are just frustrated noobs.  cut em some slack, fall back a bit and then whack em when they come out of the seizure.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
This is my first post on the forum

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,254067.msg3135132.html#msg3135132

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,284749.msg3605083.html#msg3605083

:headscratch: :neener: :bolt:

Seriously though, I personally have enough trouble with my aim without that crap, but measures against it have already been taken and it seems anything else risks interfering with normal flight.

Just remember that flying in Aces High is better than putting your life on the line for real.

<<S>> Higheye
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »
There's a lot of things no sane pilot would try unless somebody was shooting at them.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »
Stick stirring ... what is it exactly?

Any film?

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 03:11:57 PM »
I wish something could be done about the very rapid alternating of positive and negative Gs. Rolling and skidding the plane seems plausible, but "porpoising" between blackout and redout?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
This is my first post on the forum, something has became a real bummer to me as of late and I just wanted to see what others opinion of it was.  I have noticed a large increase in pilots using completely impossible aircraft manuvers to avoid a six shot.  Now I know that noone wants to be shot down in here, but when pilots are doing manuvers that no sane pilot would ever attempt on a regular basis (even in an Extra 300) there seems to be a problem.  Doing these stick stirring manuvers just shows a lack of, or even an attempt to learn air combat manuvers.  I strongly feel that there should be a way for the combat to be more realistic, in the long run it would mean more fun for all.  <Salute> Aces High nation, and thanks.

In reality there are a lot of things I would not do in the extra that I would in a real dogfight (not training). No one wants to be shot down.

What do you mean by "impossible aircraft maneuvers"?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »
When you move too fast, then controls stop working. Right?  -- You must to shake your joystick as crazy man !

So i think that higheye is speaking about something else.

mobilis in mobile

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
When you move too fast, then controls stop working. Right?  -- You must to shake your joystick as crazy man !

So i think that higheye is speaking about something else.

It's still possible to make those maneuvers, just not so many at once.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »
It's still possible to make those maneuvers, just not so many at once.

What maneuvers? Please explain.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:30:33 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »
What I witness among DA Lake graduates is 'the windmill' (They are twirling their stick in a fast windmill pattern, forcing micro-warps ) A real plane could never duplicate what the cartoon plane does in this scenario, and it often forces an overshoot...most annoying
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
What I witness among DA Lake graduates is 'the windmill' (They are twirling their stick in a fast windmill pattern, forcing micro-warps ) A real plane could never duplicate what the cartoon plane does in this scenario, and it often forces an overshoot...most annoying
Ive seen that. Its common in comming across a 1A or Chog and definatly brings the game to a new form of gamey
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 03:43:38 PM »
What maneuvers? Please explain.

Constantly and rapidly changing direction.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »
Since in real life,if you did not blackout from these manuvers you would surely be quite sick to your stomach and probably hurl.  IRL I believe these "manuvers" would be debilating.  I know that would be difficult to code but maybe, just a suggestion here, it could be treated as a pilot wound currently is.  Vomit covering the canopy screen and since this would weaken you they could code that as only haveing half of the force on the controls.
Wag more, bark less.