Author Topic: Youtube has gone to hell...  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Youtube has gone to hell...
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »
It isn't so much Youtube trying to control the music industry, as it is greedy record labels
afraid people will be able to hear music for free, gasp!

Latrobe, if you have an iTunes account, search for Hole in the Sky by Delmag. Americans
can still make music, it's just garbage that's become the mainstream. There are tons and
tons of hidden gems in American music, the tricky part is finding those gems sadly enough.

Yes, I've been able to find a few good American bands. It's extremely hard to find them, but luckily not all of America has been brainwashed yet. I won't ever make an iTunes account, or use any Apple products though, I just don't like their stuff. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I find iTunes has too many unnecessary things that could be far more simplified. Again, it may all just be personal preference, but I'm just not an Apple fan.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »
Linking an e-mail to Youtube isn't needed, there is a "Skip for now (we'll remind you again later)" button at the bottom you can click.  I haven't seen it warn me since I signed in (stay logged in), and haven't had any issues.

They took that option out about 2 weeks ago, now when I try to log into my old account it either link it or log back out, there's no option to do anything else.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 10:42:32 AM »
Just roll your face over the keyboard when they ask for personal info. :D

Hysterically LMAO!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:45:17 AM by Hawk55 »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »
You cannot create a new GMail account without supplying them with your phone number, so they can text you the activation code.

:rolleyes:

I didn't know that.  Wonder what happens when you have 'text block' on as I do?  Guess no activation huh!?
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 08:54:30 AM »
Okay, so I can no longer log into Youtube without "linking" it to my e-mail address... It wants to link to a yahoo address I have. Hell with that! I'm no freakin' crop for their info farming attempts. I'm not going to be bought or sold dadgummit.

If anything I'll create a dummy account...

What do I have to do? Simple as creating an account? Nope... I can't. While it was more than eager to link my YAHOO account when it thought it was the correct one (the e-mail I used to set up the youtube profile) it now won't accept a new yahoo account... Okay, so dummy setup wasted. It only wants GMAIL accounts.

So I set up a dummy GMAIL account, right? Wrong! I set up the dummy GMAIL account only to find the last screen is....

wait for it...

They won't create the account til they send my phone a text code verification.....

Doubleyou Tee Eff?

Youtube has gone to hell. Apparently the corporate hoods at Microsoft got ahold of them. I mean they own it sure, but now they're dictating policy.

The hell with that.

Is Vimeo still up or did they get shut down too? What are the other options?

i just made a dummy gmail account. rather than choose the text option, have them call your phone.....i didn't give my cell phone though, but rather my shop phone.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 07:57:06 AM »
i can log in perfectly fine.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 10:31:57 AM »
i just made a dummy gmail account. rather than choose the text option, have them call your phone.....i didn't give my cell phone though, but rather my shop phone.

I give them 555-1212  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »
I give them 555-1212  :devil

but then it doesn't get you the code to activate it. since i won't give my cell number to anything like that, i gave my shop number. that way if they do sell the number, no sales people will ever get me anyway. i'm never "me" on the shop phone, till i know who i'm talking to.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
okay then how about my old house number that I disconnected?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »
okay then how about my old house number that I disconnected?

:rofl

the way they work it, you need to get a code through that call or text, and enter it in their system to activate your new emnail addy.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
then they can keep their crummy service :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
then they can keep their crummy service :D

well that's why i used the shop phone. anyone can call here and ask for me. i am the only one here to answer the phone. but i'm never here till i know who i'm talking to. if it's a sales rep i don't want to talk to, i tell them "he won't be interested" and hang up. poll takers....i just hang up without saying anything to em at all.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"