Author Topic: power cord  (Read 706 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
power cord
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:42:52 PM »
Does anyone have a blue power cord that hooks from the hardrive to the power supply I think?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: power cord
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
I just looked it connects to the mother board I believe

The Few

-Spek

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »
????? Thats not the power cord. Is it a flat wide cable (in which case its eide) or is it a little almost d like shaped connector, in which case its a sata drive?

Wurzel (and to the techie, yes, I know, but cant think of any other way to describe it! ner)

I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:11:05 AM »
if this is what you're looking for, its cheaper to go to best buy, fry's or something like that.  shipping will double the price.  they're about 5 bucks plust 6 to ship.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200088&cm_re=sata_cable-_-12-200-088-_-Product

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:52:01 AM »
????? Thats not the power cord. Is it a flat wide cable (in which case its eide) or is it a little almost d like shaped connector, in which case its a sata drive?

Wurzel (and to the techie, yes, I know, but cant think of any other way to describe it! ner)

Yes wurzel its a flat blue cable

The Few

-Spek

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Heya Ace,
check out the below newegg link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007533%20600020243&IsNodeId=1&name=IDE

when dealing with older IDE cables, I would suggest going with the newer round IDE cables to help with airflow issues inside the case. those ribbon cables block alot of air movement

guncrasher is correct in about possibly going to a local PC store... even independent PC stores might have 1 or 2 they will just give you sometimes.....

but if you want the Newer Round versions, order them from some place like newegg

BEWARE: their are 2 different versions to the IDE cable, one for CD-ROM and the other for Hard Drives...... although the one for Hard Drives will work for either or, the CD-ROM type will limit you /give you problems when trying to hook to a HD sometimes

hope this helps
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:01:21 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
If you tell me which one I might have one laying around and I can get it to ya, you cover shipping. (free)
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 04:04:47 PM »
Went to Best buy today and bought one thanks anyway gents <S>

The Few

-Spek

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 12:26:11 AM »
If anyone needs sata cables in the future, I get free ones all the time at work.  Same with anything AV related.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.