Author Topic: The Screamin' Blue Messiahs are Hiring.  (Read 564 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
The Screamin' Blue Messiahs are Hiring.
« on: March 21, 2001, 06:44:00 PM »

Greets,

The aim of the Screamin' Blue Messiahs is to become a squadron that is as much like the real thing as we can accomplish. Not a 'historical squadron', mind you, but one that strives to incorporate real world tactics and communications just as the squadrons of WWII employed them. Simply put, our aim is to excel in not just a game, but a virtual battlefield as a single cohesive unit.

Our squad meets consist of the training and practice of the various aspects of Air to Air and Air to Ground combat. Right now, this is an exciting time for us. When flying as a section, we typically adhere to double-attack doctrine or if the pilots are sufficiently experienced we use loose deuce tactics. We are in the midst of formalizing our training regimen and intend to focus on all aspects of air combat from 1v1 BFM to full blown 4vUnk division hops. It's a difficult task, but I think we're up to it.

As a squad, we do strive to introduce real world tactics into our flying, but there is a difference - it's virtual and we have absolutely no interest in military protocols. There is no hierarchical structure (we don't use any kind of ranking system), and there are no rules regarding what plane you must fly. That's an individual decision, and we'll likely just be taking the most appropriate plane for the job at hand.

The SBMs have been around a long time, and we'll be around for a long time to come. Our members come from as far east as Germany, and as far west as California. We are a pretty diverse group, but all flight sim fanatics, and all great guys to have had the pleasure of getting to know (we formed in 1996). As serious as we can take our flying, the most rewarding thing, really, is just belonging to a squad with a superb bunch of guys to share the laughs and the frazzled nerves with. There's something uniquely rewarding about flying alongside your squad mates, and all we're trying to do now from a squad standpoint is to approach air combat from a higher level.

We generally consider being a member of the Screamin' Blue Messiahs to be a "big deal", and we appreciate members that have a life-long passion for flight simming. We have no desire to become one of the larger squads out there. Our goal is simply to add new members whith whom we can effectively employ the tactics described above, while at the same time remaining a focused, tight-knit group. Additionally, we look forward to combined operations with some of the other Aces High squads. If this interests you, please contact us. We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the Screamin' Blue Messiahs, and look forward to hearing from you.

You can contact me through email (cwharton@intergate.ca), or through our website (link below).

Cheers!

------------------
Nash
Aces High Division Lead/dweeb
=SBM= The Screamin' Blue Messiahs
"...and they will know us by the trail of dead."

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2001, 08:34:00 AM »
Nash, are you listed in the Squadrons Information page I set up for HTC?  It is linked to the HTC webpage: http://www.hitechcreations.com/cgi-bin/frames.pl?page=links

Fill out the questionaire and send it to me, I'll pop your squadron into it...helps out those looking for a squad to find info out on yours. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum11/HTML/000198.html

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-22-2001).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
Actually, not yet Rip, we aren't. I'm having some strange problems in that I can't connect to anything hosted on Geocities so I wasn't able to access your questionaire. I didn't know it was posted on the BBS somewhere.

Thanks Rip, I'll start workin' on it.