Author Topic: fighterstick vs x52 pro vs x65f spring  (Read 1301 times)

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
fighterstick vs x52 pro vs x65f spring
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:10:44 AM »
I miss the tension my x45 spring gave, does anyone know which of these 3 has the most tension?
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline james

• Silver Member
Re: fighterstick vs x52 pro vs x65f spring
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:14:28 AM »
x65 can be set to need up to 22.1 lbs of force. The stick itself does not move though, it senses the pressure put against it. Takes some getting used to. The 52 wasn't bad, just shim the spring if it is too weak to add some tension. Will the spring from the x45 fit on a 52? It's been a while since i've used an x45.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:10:19 AM »
The 65 DOESN'T move, it senses the pressure you put on it.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »
The 65 DOESN'T move, it senses the pressure you put on it.

I don't know how I feel about that
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
the stick doesn't bring the force YOU do,   get the CH stick, everything else is second best (made in China trash).   ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
I don't know how I feel about that
Based on my short experience with it, you'll feel like you have a bad case of gorilla arm from over-pushing the stick until you get used to gauging the pressure your hand is exerting instead of feeling how much your hand has moved. From playing with it, I can see where the early F-16 test pilots got the overcontrol complaint -- with a regular stick, you have both the force you exert to hold its deflection and the deflection itself to gauge the position, and if you're used to seeing or feeling the deflection, a fixed stick just confuses your proprioception. It takes a little getting used to.