Author Topic: Can a Mod Please Log Into the Game? 9:50 am EST  (Read 6297 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Can a Mod Please Log Into the Game? 9:50 am EST
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
Dred so you are dissing HT? He made the rule that no political discussion is allowed on the 200 channel.

Now your just being plain silly. I at no point here dissed HT.

Sheesh. The way words are being misinterpreted and twisted around here its like dealing with a room full of women.

Him - "The sky is blue"
Her -"So I guess that means the lawns not getting mowed today And you think my mother has a big butt."
Him -" I didnt say that. All I said was the sky is blue"
Her- "Well thats not the way you said it!!"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
It was a joke Capnobody...

yea i know...but also an excellent excuse for me to shamelessly plug the most fun arena in the game.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
here Cap ill help ya

UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2011, 07:24:36 PM »
Sheesh. The way words are being misinterpreted and twisted around here its like dealing with a room full of women.

Him - "The sky is blue"
Her -"So I guess that means the lawns not getting mowed today And you think my mother has a big butt."
Him -" I didnt say that. All I said was the sky is blue"
Her- "Well thats not the way you said it!!"

There is another thing women are notorious for.

her: I'm done with this argument.
him: (thinks to himself) Thank God.
her: One more thing. insert new reason why she is ticked off
him: (thinks to himself again because he knows better) now maybe she is done.
her: Oh and I forgot about something else I wanted to say that means exactly what I said the first 5 times only with a few words changed.

How many times have you said you were done with this thread now?  :neener:

Sorry Dred couldn't resist. :D
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2011, 09:14:23 PM »
There is another thing women are notorious for.

her: I'm done with this argument.
him: (thinks to himself) Thank God.
her: One more thing. insert new reason why she is ticked off
him: (thinks to himself again because he knows better) now maybe she is done.
her: Oh and I forgot about something else I wanted to say that means exactly what I said the first 5 times only with a few words changed.

How many times have you said you were done with this thread now?  :neener:

Sorry Dred couldn't resist. :D

:rofl  Well played. Well played.

To answer your question,twice.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2011, 07:58:19 AM »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2011, 08:26:09 PM »
Its true... chan 200 at night sometimes is a Bill O'Riley special... with extra drunk guests... and it never ends... almost every night.

its beyond lame... at least the trash talking is funny in rare occasion.

Exactly,

It has been this way for a long time. There have been peaks in the level of banter, but none the less, you know what exactly you are going to hear when you tune to 200.
To assume that comming home from a hard days work and launching AH with channel 200 tuned in is going to sweep all your troubles away like a Calgon bath is an unrealistic assumption. Sure the poli-sci talk gets old, but so does a lot of the other topics of the night. My advice, keep complaining. Find out the hard way. Today its politics, tomorrow it will be something else. Put a free for all channel out there where no topic is out of line, it wouldn't be long before someone doesnt like the content and complains to the management instead of just shutting it off. I know I'm going to hear mother goose complain about this post but I don't give a crap....

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2011, 09:23:25 AM »
Exactly,
Sure the poli-sci talk gets old, but so does a lot of the other topics of the night.

I like Cookies!

X :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »
Exactly,

It has been this way for a long time.

There have been peaks in the level of banter, but none the less, you know what exactly you are going to hear when you tune to 200.

Sure the poli-sci talk gets old, but so does a lot of the other topics of the night.

My advice, keep complaining. Find out the hard way. Today its politics, tomorrow it will be something else.

I know I'm going to hear mother goose complain about this post but I don't give a crap....

( I am using your quote jamdive, but I am not directing this toward you, my post is directed to all in this thread )

did you ever stop to think, "Hey, the way I banter and they way I type my posts looks as if I am part of the problem and not helping any"

it is always going to be HTC's sandbox / HTC's rules ( the online arenas, this private messageboard )....... we all can sit and continue to talk or text about things that HTC has specifically said are not allowed in thier "sandbox"........ and when we do these things, we can gaurantee ourselves that we will get the swift kick of the boot of HTC.....

what is so hard about following the request of the game owners and not talk about certian things and stop bringing up certian subjects to discuss , when HTC keeps repeatedly saying "It Is Not Allowed, Period!"

unless, one simply does not have any care nor any respect for what HTC ask for not to be done, and does not care that they continue to keep stepping across the line, because they know that they will just get muted for a length of time.... but eventually will get to come back and do it all over again......

unless they get perma banned from the Arenas and the game......
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:22:10 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »
My one and only reply to this thread.

I have been watching this thread with more and more disgust. On the one side we have the people trying to do the right thing and play by the rules set down by the HT God. On the other we have the rule breakers calling them snitches and spoilsports, trying to defend what they did.
The main argument I am seeing for this defense is '200 is for everything, its a free channel'

WRONG

It is not a free channel. It is HT's channel, same as country, Squad, channel 1 and vox. He's just a bit more lax on 200. However this thread has got me questioning what I know about the rules.

So this 'Snitch' went and asked the only people who could give me a proper answer. Emailing HTC direct, I asked them what their policy was on channel 200. This was their answer

Quote from: Hitech Creations
When you get right down to it, anything not about the game is disallowed.
The discussion of politics and/or religion are specifically not allowed and
can be cause to lose ones voice/text privileges for 8 days.'

Answers the question. Talking about poltics on channel 200 is not allowed. Its is not a free channel, and these people have done right by .reporting the people responsible. They are not snitches, just people who came here to fly for fun, why should they have to change channels to avoid people breaking the rules?

That's me done here, as I said at the beginning, this is my one and only reply. Playing by the rules makes everyones lives happier.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:14:19 AM by macleod01 »
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »
macleod,

First it is consider unexceptionable to post emails you received from some one ,with out their permission. And even worse if you do not post all the complete email.

One of the reasons is email format and public posting are completely styles. Public posting by us is generally much more precise.

Skuzzy has stated before about Anything not about the game, on the last occurrence it was if you don't speak about other stuff you will not get yourself muted.

It is not a rule to only speak about the game.

The only reason politics and religion are off topic is because they will almost always lead to taking over the channel with degrading arguments.

We do not have a precise set of rules , simply because that leads to people always trying to say they did not break a precise rule when they .

The simple fact is, if someone continues to act like a jerk/a***ole they stand a good chance of being moderated.

This can be something like calling for a mission once every 3 secs for 10 mins.
To constant insults of someone.

This is why we have moderators, to make those choices that are obviously over the line, but do not specifically fit into any written rule.

There is a huge difference from saying f*** that last mission sucked one time and then be finished. Verses sayy F*** you HiTech your a mother **** A**** and can take your *** where the sun ....
And then continue on with another 3 lines.

AH is a very competitive game and I understand emotions can run high and spill over. But trying to write rules where to draw the line is impossible.

The real rule is simply try to respect others when using public channels. It really is no more complex then that. Most people learn this in kindergarten. The people who didn't are the ones who get muted often.

2nd on the snitching thing, this was in no way shape or form what would be considered snitching. No names were mentioned.  It was a simple request to stop the political discussion that was currently happening in the arena. I came in and put a stop to it with no mutes.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2011, 01:55:34 PM »
... and that my friends is the most I have ever seen HiTech post in one post.

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
Sorry, picture won't load for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:05:30 PM by Mar »
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2011, 02:52:28 PM »
And That was the most honest and forthright Reply to  a post I can ever  remember reading on this topic, Thanks for the honesty and the common sense approach :salute  Hitech :aok
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »
... and that my friends is the most I have ever seen HiTech post in one post.

Kind of like the old Cheech and Chong dialog:

"One time I played In a Gadda de Vida backwards at 78."

"Cool, man, what happened?"

"I saw God, man."

- oldman