Author Topic: WWI online Training Arenas  (Read 473 times)

Offline merc76

• Zinc Member
WWI online Training Arenas
« on: February 06, 2011, 04:38:03 PM »
When entering into the on-line training arena, and after reading the rules of engagement, it states areas V52, V53, V58 and V59 are setup as WWI training areas. I cannot navigate to these areas. What's wrong or what am I doing wrong? I tried finding them and also tried using the .dot commands, but nothing happens.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: WWI online Training Arenas
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »
Those are Bishop and Knight bases. You must have been a Rook. Just switch sides next time.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »
I think FLS nailed it.

To switch country, bring up the clipboard, click Options, O'Club and select Change Country. Select Bishop.

The bases are way up in the northwest corner of the training arena. Zoom the map out and you'll see an area labeled "Combat Area" or something like that (it's been awhile). The bases you're looking for are in the southern section of this area.

You can double click the bases icon on the map to move there or type .move XX (XX being the number of the base) in the chat text box.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline merc76

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »
Tried both Bishop and Knight and all four bases, still nothing. This is what I'm doing, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Went to the O'club. Changed country to Bishop (also tried Knight). Hit / key to bring up the radio and typed; .moveV52 . Tried all four bases and also tried the radio set as "all". I still remain at A2 for Knights or A1 for Bishops.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 04:59:39 PM »
Tried both Bishop and Knight and all four bases, still nothing. This is what I'm doing, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Went to the O'club. Changed country to Bishop (also tried Knight). Hit / key to bring up the radio and typed; .moveV52 . Tried all four bases and also tried the radio set as "all". I still remain at A2 for Knights or A1 for Bishops.

do not include the V or A  letters

it is .move<space>52  <----<space> meaning there is literally a space in between e and 5

or  .move 52

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »
...or just bring up the clipboard map and double click on the base you wish to go to.

RTR
The Damned

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »
oops double post.

RTR
The Damned

Offline merc76

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
Aha! that was it I wasn't leaving a space and was using the letter too. Thanks for the help.  :aok