Author Topic: Vulch fests  (Read 5035 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Vulch fests
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QFT   :rock

:headscratch:
Quantum Field Theory?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

Then why do I laugh so much?

There are few so readily willing to fight at "TOTAL DISADVANTAGE" "most of the time" such as myself :aok

JUGgler

That is when it's the most fun after all :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »
How about any plane destroyed on pavement does NOT register as a kill, NO score fore it, NO name in lights for it and NO death, NOTHING but "wasted" ammo?

JUGgler

you mean do it like how battlefield:1943 does it?

if your kill someone on the carrier, you get no points for it.

but this wouldnt be 100% fair.

what about the bomber boys who are lucky enough to catch a plane on the runway when they drop there bombs. do they score a kill? ive done this atleast twice.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »

what about the bomber boys who are lucky enough to catch a plane on the runway when they drop there bombs. do they score a kill? ive done this atleast twice.

High altitude bomb vulches involve 100% luck, but are way more fun than the run of the mill "sitting duck ganged by three C-Hogs" type vulch.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »
High altitude bomb vulches involve 100% luck, but are way more fun than the run of the mill "sitting duck ganged by three C-Hogs" type vulch.

A few years back on my first ever bomb run (well the first after I learned to use the bomb sight), I missed the hangar (or what ever my target was) and hit a mission of 110s taking off for an NOE.  :rofl
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »
"Vulching is a reward."

Who said that? :P
Seeing as it hasn't been answered in three pages, I will do so.  HiTech said that.

Besides, upping something silly like an A6M2 and managing to kill a few of the vultures is fun.  I just always did it in something other than my regular rides so that I could clearly track my K/D ratio with my "real" ride separately from the "upped at vulched airfields" ride.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 08:10:18 PM »
“The great defense against the air menace is to attack the enemy's aircraft as near as possible to their point of departure.” By Winston Churchill

Therefore vultching is OK  :aok
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 08:40:57 PM »
This is a great idea, but IIRC HiTech said vultching was a reward for getting to that point in the base domination structure.
Strokes

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 08:50:07 PM »
no sry

RedTail

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 12:50:10 AM »
I actually back this idea. Apparently many of my fellow players can't understand that letting them get gear up gives them a sense of hope that will cause them to keep upping and dying whereas blowing them away before the engine even starts just makes them quit.
+1
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 12:58:03 AM »
Yes, because base captures are really SO believable when uppers can't be killed while on the ground, eh?

You'd have people gaming it... And it is a gamey excuse of a rule because you don't like being shot down on takeoff.

The solution has already been stated, but I'll repeat it: TAKE OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 01:07:05 AM »
You could still kill uppers if base taking was the objective...just wouldn't get a kill for it.

Yes, because base captures are really SO believable when uppers can't be killed while on the ground, eh?

You'd have people gaming it... And it is a gamey excuse of a rule because you don't like being shot down on takeoff.

The solution has already been stated, but I'll repeat it: TAKE OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE!
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 07:35:57 AM »
I actually back this idea. Apparently many of my fellow players can't understand that letting them get gear up gives them a sense of hope that will cause them to keep upping and dying whereas blowing them away before the engine even starts just makes them quit.
+1

I agree that it's a good idea to let them up because it gives them hope and you can vulch them more. I don't think the game needs to change. Players get rewarded for flying smarter. This is currently true for vulchers and victims. I see no reason to dumb it down.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 07:46:38 AM »
Yeah, it's a great idea..... Let's protect the silly people who up from a capped field and than want to moan & groan about it. 

Typical American attitude.... Protect the retarded people!   :aok
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 09:08:48 AM »
it's already been said: dont wanna get vulched, dont up where a vulch is in progress.. fly in from somewhere else.

personally, I just grab a field gun or an ostie and discourage them.

But doesn't doing what you say, waste time? Botht he time to fly there, and the time the vulchers have to wait for a new target?

All people are asking the vulchers is...wouldn't it be better for all [including the vulchers] if they were just a little more patient?  Calling someone stupid for upping, is not really understanding that point.  :salute
Who is John Galt?