Author Topic: Vulch fests  (Read 5009 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Vulch fests
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 10:41:16 AM »
But doesn't doing what you say, waste time? Botht he time to fly there, and the time the vulchers have to wait for a new target?

All people are asking the vulchers is...wouldn't it be better for all [including the vulchers] if they were just a little more patient?  Calling someone stupid for upping, is not really understanding that point.  :salute

Thank you vink!  ;)
If the cap turns into a "silly vulch" I will just move on to the next horde, but if there was reason to think I could get 'wheels-up" I would continue to up therebye improving the fun for all!

I am here only to help everyones scores, I would just like a "reach-a-round  :aok   :neener:

I am astonished at how many peeps defend the "wheels down" vulch! :huh :huh :huh :rolleyes: :bhead

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »
I think its fine the way it is.

Why deprive the Vulchers of the "combat" they so crave.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »
You could still kill uppers if base taking was the objective...just wouldn't get a kill for it.

Now here is a man capable of critical thought!

Yes you could still vulch up a storm, the only difference is you would NOT get credit for the kill. I don't see much wrong with this idea. It is still easy enough to scoop up those willing to launch 50' from the end of the runway, Honestly how many ACES do folks need to have in one hand?

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »
You don't need aces when your opposition is willing to go all in on deuce seven off suit repeatedly.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »
Yeah, it's a great idea..... Let's protect the silly people who up from a capped field and than want to moan & groan about it. 

Typical American attitude.... Protect the retarded people!   :aok

Actually, it's more like, "Protect the normal, functioning people from doing retarded things"
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 11:18:51 AM »
You don't need aces when your opposition is willing to go all in on deuce seven off suit repeatedly.

And some obviously are, up untill it is impossible then they take their money elsewhere!

The "cherry horde " is at a particular base wouldn't it be nice if they could take more of my money rather than have me move on?

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »
In so many strange ways.....  That makes good sense.

Actually, it's more like, "Protect the normal, functioning people from doing retarded things"
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 01:11:58 PM »
A few years back on my first ever bomb run (well the first after I learned to use the bomb sight), I missed the hangar (or what ever my target was) and hit a mission of 110s taking off for an NOE.  :rofl

You lucky bastage!  I keep hoping and praying to find a mission upping on the runway.  :pray

I did try to vulch a 1/2 dozen 51Ds upping together once.  My uber TBM swooped down and pinged one enough to auger shortly after takeoff.  Had I arrived just a few seconds earlier, there would have been a rocket vulch of epic proportions.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
just separate the score air kills vs ground kills then by statistics you can tell the skilled guy from the vulcher

IE:
Fighter:
325 Air Kills
678 Ground Kills
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »
tell me why are people complaining about this? i dont think the germans wahhed when their pilots were shot down while taking off during WW2 same for the russians. you know what they did, they took off and tried again. dont complain when someone is doing exactly what all pilots do in war.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline edog1977

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2011, 10:13:56 PM »
tell me why are people complaining about this? i dont think the germans wahhed when their pilots were shot down while taking off during WW2 same for the russians. you know what they did, they took off and tried again. dont complain when someone is doing exactly what all pilots do in war.

How did they manage that if they were dead?  Zombies?

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
simple get a another pilot. i mean its not a big deal to get vulched for me im not gonna say ok you can take off and have a chance to shoot me down when i can just shoot you down when you try to take off.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »
simple get a another pilot. i mean its not a big deal to get vulched for me im not gonna say ok you can take off and have a chance to shoot me down when i can just shoot you down when you try to take off.

So why do you vulch at all?  If it's no big deal on the recieving end, what's the enjoyment on the shooting end? 

Your fear is that once up the pilot taking off is better then you?  That's all I can figure from the last part of your comment.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2011, 11:38:20 PM »
i said i dont want to take a chance of being shot down i never said the other pilot would be better then me. and yes i do sometime get frustrated by it but i just go up again, the point of vulching in a base capture scenario is that we are trying to cap the base not be stopped.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2011, 05:22:33 AM »
Honestly?

I will do it just to sap the will to fight from the other guy during  a base capture.

Sometimes it doesn't work out that way...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.