Author Topic: Vulch fests  (Read 5152 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Re: Vulch fests
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »
Im always up for giving incentive for more defense in this game so big +1 :aok

The only people this would upset are the head lemmings that send their henchmen as kamakazi warriors so they can follow behind, get 8 easy kills..land and recieve the ever fruitfull bounty of "WTG XXX..can I join yer skwad?".

So vulching is a reward..big deal. Jug's request seems fair as either has a choice in the situation. 1) you can still shoot him down ( if base supression is why your vulching) which wont affect anything in a negative way, but you wont get credit for it. 2) if you really want the credit..you are just going have to be "less" fat and lazy for it and give them just a little chance.

Only thing I would be upset about is not being able to do the fun rocket/bomb vulch that always gets a few laughs is really popular. Otherwise implimenting this is a step in the right direction
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 06:58:51 AM »
So...

When is the subject of the vulchee having wheels down on his front end vs. the vulcher seeing wheels up on his front end (or some other similar, lag-induced reason to whine)?

I foresee a whole, new species of whine threads begging Skuzzy to fix the intardnetz lag.

Refusing to use the simplest solution offered here (upping from a different base, if it is pissing you off) is no reason for HTC to cater to the whiners and lemmings.

I'd rather see my $14.95 go to more important things like more a/c, remodeling existing a/c that need it and, of course, bringing back the sheep.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:30 AM »
So...

When is the subject of the vulchee having wheels down on his front end vs. the vulcher seeing wheels up on his front end (or some other similar, lag-induced reason to whine)?

I foresee a whole, new species of whine threads begging Skuzzy to fix the intardnetz lag.

Refusing to use the simplest solution offered here (upping from a different base, if it is pissing you off) is no reason for HTC to cater to the whiners and lemmings.

I'd rather see my $14.95 go to more important things like more a/c, remodeling existing a/c that need it and, of course, bringing back the sheep.
As it is now for example in GVs: You have a great spawn camp spot, the camper always has this slight adavantage of a few seconds that the guy spawning in needs that time to get his bearings, find the camper, turn his turret and so on. In planes you still need those seconds to fire up the engine etc..some vulchers wont even give you that. The OP's request is just saying that if you choose to shoot down a guy in this mode, you arent going to get credit for it. Would I choose to up off a capped feild if this were to be? Mabye, maybe not. ITs a fair request in my mind

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2011, 07:32:32 AM »
I like upping off a capped field. It may take many tries (I usually give it 5-10), but the satisfaction of watching the vulchers auger while fighting for the kill is awesome.

Breaking a vulch the hard way can be quite rewarding.  :neener:
See Rule #4

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 08:18:29 AM »
So...

Well, this is calling a spade a non-issue, and I tend to agree. I'd rather see scarce resources devoted to my beloved 410 or even the Beau.

At the same time, I want to give a shout out for the "vulch is a reward" school of thought. Those are the guys I want with me when we enter an unarmed city, for I know they'll look the other way as a lay my foul and defiling hands on every wench I choose to vile-late (with muh violator), aaaaaah.

Maybe it's not the same scale. Still, I love this attitude that the reward for good work is being able to pummel the stupid (for upping from a capped field) and defenseless (because stupid). Hell, I do it too, sometimes. But then, when I was a child in grade school, I was a notorious playground bully and attempted to assault a "special needs" kid, too. So, just because I "get it" doesn't mean it's worthwhile. It just means we share a proclivity. 

Flipside: what are you going to do when some acehole ups while you're trying to take a base? You need to vulch that ace, just to keep security. At that point, what difference does it make what's in your heart? You pound the ace either way. Then, if you're really an ace yourself, you call him out as an acehole on -channel, just to leave no doubt.

Let the rules stand. Let this thread die - despite the fact that I've enjoyed this critique more than I should have.

One last thing, appropos of nothing: Life is like an acehole, one good flick at it and you're covered in glory.

I sincerely hope I violated no rules here today.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 08:22:51 AM »
I'm starting to think the score theory is correct.

Perks and Scoring are set up to promote "sissy" flying not challenging or competitive flying.

If a person got fewer points for a "sissy" kill and more points for a harder kill, then less folks would fly like sissies and game play would improve for all.  

Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2011, 08:39:44 AM »
How about you get ranked #1 this camp to demonstrate how it's not challenging or competitive?  :devil

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2011, 08:43:17 AM »
so if I shoot a guy whos still wheels down, he doesnt get a kill recorded against him.

do I get my ammo back?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:58 AM »
How about you get ranked #1 this camp to demonstrate how it's not challenging or competitive?  :devil

That would surely do it.  :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline Mirage

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »

Perks and Scoring are set up to promote "sissy" flying not challenging or competitive flying.

If a person got fewer points for a "sissy" kill and more points for a harder kill, then less folks would fly like sissies and game play would improve for all.  

how are perks like this? if I take a val or an A6M2 up agianst 5 F4U's P51's or other "Uber" planes, and shoot them all down, you dont think that warrants 50 or 60 perks?  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

I/Jg-301Gelb Zehn |

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »

+1 on the scoring -1 on the perks comment. Perks are an ingenious method to reward you MORE for taking the harder route.

I agree 100% that you reward people for being sissys, then sissys is what you get.

For the statement that "vulching is your reward for all your hard work". :lol :lol :rofl . YOU DO KNOW that the reason these guys are vulching is by chance and if you get that chance is because some lemming died 300 times deacking the feild. Funny because the majority of time, by the time the guys actually "doing the work" get to come back to reap their rewards, usually means 50 other freindlies are hovering around like prisoners on a fat chick

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 09:53:17 AM »
so if I shoot a guy whos still wheels down, he doesnt get a kill recorded against him.

do I get my ammo back?

I don't think it would still be wheels down. I think it would be wheels down on concrete.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 09:56:52 AM »
I don't think it would still be wheels down. I think it would be wheels down on concrete.

Again, on whose front end?

+1 on the scoring -1 on the perks comment. Perks are an ingenious method to reward you MORE for taking the harder route.

I agree 100% that you reward people for being sissys, then sissys is what you get.

For the statement that "vulching is your reward for all your hard work". :lol :lol :rofl . YOU DO KNOW that the reason these guys are vulching is by chance and if you get that chance is because some lemming died 300 times deacking the feild. Funny because the majority of time, by the time the guys actually "doing the work" get to come back to reap their rewards, usually means 50 other freindlies are hovering around like prisoners on a fat chick

If I have enough speed, I will vulch regardless of whether the ack is up or not, just to see if I can survive  :rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »
How about you get ranked #1 this camp to demonstrate how it's not challenging or competitive?  :devil

In fighter mode?

I'll bet I could make top 5 next tour if I tried. It would require much gaminess and many peeps whith whom I have a rapore with would not appreciate being "GAMED" by me, just saying  ;)

So the risk of damaging some friendships would require a wager! ''Any thoughts?

The challenge to GAMINESS is, Time to do it and constant management of the mode you are in and finding the "sweet" action  ;)

JUGgler

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:02:26 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »

I agree completely on the perks.

Otherwise, I just wanted to say that I love the mental imagery of a gang of prisoners enjoying a fat chick.

My guess: The fat chick digs it too - but here the analogy breaks down, since it's not very fun to try to up from a capped field. Why do people do it?

Socrates said analogy is not truth. If it were, they'd be upping because they enjoy getting ganged like a fat chick in a prison yard.

One thing's certain in this analogy... the prisoners are demonstrating their skill and prowess, not mindlessly working over some needy and pathetic gloryhole.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.