Author Topic: Tank Reload Sounds  (Read 828 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Tank Reload Sounds
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »
This is a wish thread as much as it is a request thread.   :)   

One thing that would be very useful while using a main gun on a tank is to have a reload sound that takes the entire time that particular tank takes to reload.

I cant even tell you which sound pack I am using anymore for gv's (I've mixed in the sounds I like best from the various sound packs), but for example the reload sound for the 17 Pdr in the Firefly is about 1.5 seconds long, but the gun takes 7.2 seconds to reload.  It'd be very nice to have a sound that lasted 7 seconds or so to help with the "countdown" of being able to fire again.  The T34/85 has a sound that last almost as long as the reload rate so it is much clearer on the countdown timer as to when I can fire again.

It would be very neat if someone would be able to create a reload sound pack for ALL of the tanks and their respective main guns. 

Thanks!!!   :salute
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
Re: Tank Reload Sounds
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »
So here is what you can do. You could open your sound recorder software, record yourself saying something like "Pop the shell outta there, get the next one ready, LOAD, LOAD, LOAD!!! Commander, you are ready to fire".  Draw it out to 7.5 seconds.  Take the sound file, edit it in Windows Movie Maker, add the stock sounds of the loading in the background. Name it 'reload' whatever extension, move it to the appropriate vehicle file. Then enjoy, not only custom sound, but the proper length clip to fire the next round to  :aok
AHXARL Lead Campaign Manager/2012-?

My new favorite clip--->http://youtu.be/_2Nn4wAVNOg

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Tank Reload Sounds
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 09:29:20 PM »
So here is what you can do. You could open your sound recorder software, record yourself saying something like "Pop the shell outta there, get the next one ready, LOAD, LOAD, LOAD!!! Commander, you are ready to fire".  Draw it out to 7.5 seconds.  Take the sound file, edit it in Windows Movie Maker, add the stock sounds of the loading in the background. Name it 'reload' whatever extension, move it to the appropriate vehicle file. Then enjoy, not only custom sound, but the proper length clip to fire the next round to  :aok

Oh, I get it. It is that easy, eh?  Hmmmm... I just may dabble a bit and see what I come up with.  I'll work on my British, German, and Russian accents and see what annoying recordings I can produce.   :lol
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.