Author Topic: I'm just glad there's not a 4th country.........  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: I'm just glad there's not a 4th country.........
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »
Oh yeah, lets call the 4th country the "Queens" just to stay within the chesspiece classifications.   :O   :bolt:

:rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »
Or Knights would be in real trouble.

(Image removed from quote.)

You forgot to attach the acompanying photo of no dar bars or flashing bases on the rook-bish front.  :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »
You forgot to attach the acompanying photo of no dar bars or flashing bases on the rook-bish front.  :aok

RGR, I should have resized the clipboard.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 06:06:52 PM »
I was going for humor. I have actually had a ton of fun on this map. Seems the knights take it stride.

LOL unlike the Bish, who, when this map was last used were in the bottom geographic and were being ganged on 2 sides and pushed all the way back to their strats, came to the BBS and started many whine threads, threatening to quit the game.... I heard one of them called HiTech himself to  :cry :cry :cry!

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 06:19:19 PM »

LOL unlike the Bish, who, when this map was last used were in the bottom geographic and were being ganged on 2 sides and pushed all the way back to their strats, came to the BBS and started many whine threads, threatening to quit the game.... I heard one of them called HiTech himself to  :cry :cry :cry!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Epic...  :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »
If it really happened he would have quoted it. Being a Sally on the BBS must be easy. And with a name like reaper, go figure.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 06:01:39 AM »
If it really happened he would have quoted it. Being a Sally on the BBS must be easy. And with a name like reaper, go figure.

I understand that due to your rectal cranial insertion syndrome you feel the need to make stupid comments, but you'll have to understand that ignorance of an event or subject on your part does not mean that event did not take place.  :old:

If you'd like me to I will gladly waste however much of my time that is required to find that whine thread for you. If you'd like me to....it's not as if you need any help looking dumber right now.  :rofl

Edit- you know what LLogan, here's the thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,301159.0.html. Yes, the initial cry was about the "uncaptureable base" bug, but the entire essence of the thread was the imaginary "Knit-Rook Alliance" that caused the Bish to lose all their bases to begin with.... that took the thread to 13 pages.

Next time think first unless you just like looking dumb  :rofl
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:15:02 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 06:11:14 AM »
It's always the upper left country with the win by hitting the south followed by hording the northeast country. I've never seen it won any other way honestly.

Bish reset this map just in the past few days as the North East country.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »
but the entire essence of the thread was the imaginary "Knit-Rook Alliance" that caused the Bish to lose all their bases to begin with.... that took the thread to 13 pages.

I wouldn't go far as to call it imaginary Reaper. I remember that situation, I think it was about a month or two ago. The Rooks and Nits were working together to shut down the Bish. This is fine as far as I am concerned. I saw Rooks and Nits flying together at the few remaining Bish bases..

That being said. I was all for trying to get some Bish to switch countries and start a front between the Rooks and Nits to the north, but chesspeice loyalty prevented anyone from switching sides..

I was just hoping that the Rooks and knits would start fighting each other and someone would reset that map. I think it is one of the worst maps in the game.. The center country always seems to get the beating on this one..
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:39:20 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 07:48:25 AM »
I wouldn't so far as to call it imaginary Reaper. I remember that situation, I think it was about a month or two ago. The Rooks and Nits were working together to shut down the Bish. This is fine as far as I am concerned. I saw Rooks and Nits flying together at the few remaining Bish bases..

This isn't the result of any kind of alliance or real cooperation. When one country has been reduced to such a small area, it just happens that planes of both enemy countries can be encountered in the same airspace, even more so if - for whatever reason - there is no real fight on their own fronts. On this map shown in the first screenshot, it often happens after A18 has been captured by the enemy. It's a short flight from there to any of the southern country's front. I often visit the infamous A1-A19 furball area even when being in the 3rd country that doesn't have a base there. It's just a short hop over the pond for a 262 or Ta 152.

Of course in the paranoid world of many AH player, that means "they have a truce", "they gang us a s usual" and "they never fight each other", when it's really a result of map design, current distribution (and numbering!) of bases, player numbers on each side, the current state of "the war" and a few more or less subtle psychological factors.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 07:50:48 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 07:54:09 AM »

This isn't the result of any kind of alliance or real cooperation. When one country has been reduced to such a small area, it just happens that planes of both enemy countries can be encountered in the same airspace, even more so if - for whatever reason - there is no real fight on their own fronts. On this map shown in the first screenshot, it often happens after A18 has been captured by the enemy. It's a short flight from there to any of the southern country's front.

Of course in the paranoid world of many AH player, that means "they have a truce", "they gang us a s usual" and "they never fight each other", when it's really a result of map design, current distribution (and numbering!) of bases, player numbers on each side, the current state of "the war" and a few more or less subtle psychological factors.

Your correct Lusche. It probably wasn't a planned alliance, it just seems to end up looking this way to the country getting the squeeze on this map.. I just remember that there was no fighting going on at the top of the map between Rooks and Nits on this particular occasion.. I am all for changing countries and starting a push between countries at the top of the map in these situations..

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline bcadoo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »
Your correct Lusche. It probably wasn't a planned alliance, it just seems to end up looking this way to the country getting the squeeze on this map.. I just remember that there was no fighting going on at the top of the map between Rooks and Nits on this particular occasion.. I am all for changing countries and starting a push between countries at the top of the map in these situations..

Rooks can never be accused of planning.....just sayin'
The fight is the fun........Don't run from the fun!
"Nothin' cuts the taste of clam juice like a big hunk o' chocolate" - Rosie O'Donnell

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »
Its GREAT when the bish push all the way to take A12  :t  Makes for some WAY FUN 163 action  :x
elfy
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »
Its GREAT when the bish push all the way to take A12  :t  Makes for some WAY FUN 163 action  :x
elfy

Don't have to fly far for a fight! That is pretty cool.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter