Author Topic: The Very Best Maneuver Films Explained in Detail ****  (Read 2081 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
The Very Best Maneuver Films Explained in Detail ****
« on: February 10, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
Watch the whole series

Highly Recommended --> to Watch his whole set and then practice them on or offline.

Copy and paste his vids here and talk about them. Which work for you?

_____________________________ _____________________________ _________

One of my favorites. Learn this maneuver and you will kill your enemies repeatedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVMVY2C6mM&feature=related

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
Re: The Very Best Maneuver Films Explained in Detail ****
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
They Do a good job showing visually how to perform these moves.

When I learned the little secret of the barrel roll my acm changed dramatically.

Good post.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 12:56:12 AM »
I always find it (ACM threads/ACM books/videos) interesting because I never really learned these "moves" from book or video. I just discovered them after a LOT of fighting/dueling. Now when I look back at a lot of these maneuvers I say to myself,  "Oh I know that and use that (ACM, maneuver etc) all the time but just never knew the name of it." I would propose that learning these ACM's or maneuvers from book/video is not necessary, but may be useful for some.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 02:42:45 PM »
 Yep I found the Rise Of Flight training videos a month or two back and I found them very helpful. To bad that game is not an on line game like AH. The modeling of there planes is very good and don't all fly the same speed like our WWI arena.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:17:51 PM »
The aircraft in the WW1 arena fly at the correct speed and they do not all fly at the same speed.  If you wish to disagree please post your data.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »
Yep I found the Rise Of Flight training videos a month or two back and I found them very helpful. To bad that game is not an on line game like AH. The modeling of there planes is very good and don't all fly the same speed like our WWI arena.

I'm quite certain there is multiplayer. At least cooperative missions. Watch more of his videos, he's got some that he's recorded while playing online.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »
 The planes in AH WWI arena fly to fast in the case of the DR.1 and the Sopwith camel while the D.VII is a dog in AH. Look at Rise of Flight modeling and you will see a more correct speed variations along with some very good training films but it is not an on line game that I saw. If you look at a few sources you will see speeds a few mph difference but these speeds seem the in the middle.

1 D.VII speed 120 mph with a dive speed of 165mph with the 160hp Mercedes D.III engine

2 DR.1  speed 95  mph with a dive speed of 140mph  with the 110hp Oberursel UR.11 engine.

3 Sopwith camel 113mph is the top speed. I saw no dive speed information.

The above information came from a French flight report from 1918 sited in another post and Janes Aircraft of WWI and German War Birds by K.Munson.
This is all a mute point anyway as I do not think HTC will spend more time and resources on the WWI arena with so few players. It is to bad as I was hoping the WWI Arena would be a success. It is just a gunnery range for the DR.1s as it is now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »
According  to this source the DR1 max speed is 103 and the Camel is 105.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/SP-468/app-a.htm

I expect that there was some variation between individual aircraft of the same model in that period.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 06:29:18 PM »
The planes in AH WWI arena fly to fast in the case of the DR.1 and the Sopwith camel while the D.VII is a dog in AH. Look at Rise of Flight modeling and you will see a more correct speed variations along with some very good training films but it is not an on line game that I saw.

who's to say which WWI Flight Game is more accurate than the other without some authorative people doing a comparison and testing/recording and comparing the proper data of each WWI Game...... which does it really matter?  who's to say ROF got the modeling right?  who's to say AH-WWI got the modeling right..... although I would put my money on the HTC team every time verses any other Flight Sim Team/Company......

If you look at a few sources you will see speeds a few mph difference but these speeds seem the in the middle.

1 D.VII speed 120 mph with a dive speed of 165mph with the 160hp Mercedes D.III engine

2 DR.1  speed 95  mph with a dive speed of 140mph  with the 110hp Oberursel UR.11 engine.

3 Sopwith camel 113mph is the top speed. I saw no dive speed information.

The above information came from a French flight report from 1918 sited in another post and Janes Aircraft of WWI and German War Birds by K.Munson.

would you mind posting a link to any sources you are getting your facts/data from, unless it is a book, like above the book names/authors is sufficient.....but 99% of the people will have no way of knowing what it might say in a book, but scanned/pdf'ed reports are very welcomed....

This is all a mute point anyway as I do not think HTC will spend more time and resources on the WWI arena with so few players. It is to bad as I was hoping the WWI Arena would be a success. It is just a gunnery range for the DR.1s as it is now.

if you want to know what HTC's reasoning for the WWI arena's & WWI Era planes then you can find it all here on these boards...... I do not think HTC will give up on the WWI Arena/planes... that part of the game exists for alot more reasons than just a "bb shoot out" contest against motorized flying kites  :)

:cheers: TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »
R105 note that the French report you cite gives the same speeds of 103 and 105 mph for the DR1 and Camel at the same altitudes as the report I linked. Also that the French report notes higher speeds at unspecified altitudes which are likely near the ground.

I don't know what your point is about the dive speeds. I assume those are probably recommended safe dive speeds and not the speeds at which they break up. I don't see anything you've posted that shows a problem with the AH flight models.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:28:35 PM by FLS »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 01:26:48 AM »
Don't think this thread was exactly meant to discuss which game model is more accurate. The explanations of the maneuvers  on how to preform them and the names given is key.

it's true...many people learn all these maneuvers over time never knowing they even preform them. Some take practice to master and some you just need to have them in your minds eye as you preform them. IMO, i believe I would have advanced a lot faster if i had them to follow.

Good luck and have fun out there setting up and shooting at cartoon planes :)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 03:38:39 AM »
Just wanted to chime in to say that I found these vids very useful when practicing basic maneuvers offline, and they are great now that I'm starting to work on the more advanced techniques described, and putting them to use while fighting in the MA

Some of the things (barrel roll attack in the OP for example) seem so obvious when you watch them performed in the vid, but never would have occurred to me otherwise

:aok
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 09:28:07 AM »
 I wish HTC had flight instruction videos like The Rise of Flight has for both WWI & WWII aircraft. As for dive speed that is the top speed you can do without falling apart. The D.VII should have a 30 to 40mph speed advantage over the DR.1 but don't. All the D.VII and the other two birds are is gunnery drones for the DR.1. That is the number one reason I don't fly in WWI anymore all the planes fly about the same speed and the D.VII seams to lose its wings in AH overly easy while I can find no historic record of the problem.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:09 AM »
R105 It's possible to shoot a DR1 down with a DVII.  Also the DVII dives faster than the DR1. I don't know why you post factual errors which are so easy to test for yourself.

Dive speed isn't the same as the never exceed speed which causes parts to fall off of your aircraft.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:14:51 AM by FLS »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
I'm quite certain there is multiplayer. At least cooperative missions. Watch more of his videos, he's got some that he's recorded while playing online.

Yep, it's got multiplayer co-op missions, multiplayer CTF and dogfighting. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song