Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
Im just sick of the BS this is the first drug related death at this school, I already heard that the school might send letters home to get consent from there parents to get a drug test, and if positive they will be dealt with in some way I don't know :uhoh

What if the parents do not give consent?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 01:59:13 PM »
What if the parents do not give consent?
Sadly I don't know
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »
No it's not normal and drug use has blown off proportions. There needs to be more strict laws, every addict of hard narcotics should be subjected to a forced rehab cold turkey on first use violation. After first conviction mandatory drug testing every 3 months and cold turkey rehab for each new violation. Pot users etc. wouldn't suffer from rehab so they should just be imprisoned for the duration in separation naturally, not to get drugs from prison population.

One year program and drug use is guaranteed to reduce to a fraction.

Drugs have destroyed our communities. A few decades back you could walk the streets without worry. You could send your kids to travel by bus. Now the buses are full of alcoholics or junkies and the streets of any major city are a drug related robbery waiting to happen.

Sadly I don't know

Sadly, the only person that can help an addict is the addict.  Only when that person wants, and is ready for help, will any type of help work. 

Incarcerating does two things: wastes my money as a taxpayer and teaches those that were just addicts, when they went in how to be a better criminal.  There are more drugs within the walls of a prison than on the street regardless if it is a segregated population or not.  If you think, for one minute that tossing every user into a cell or rehab will "cure" them, you are either very naive, haven't met someone that had a serious addiction or have never been shown how things work in a county or state prison.  Money talks, BS walks.  End of story.

A junkie will find a way to use, PERIOD, until one of two things happens:  they WANT to get clean or they die from it.  Locking them up only delays those two actions.  Only those that are willing, can be rehabilitated.

Education starts in the home.  It is not the responsibility of the school, their job is to educate academically.  It is the responsibility of the parents to educate morally.

As for randomly testing MY children? 

I will write the following on a piece of parchment with a quill pen, if necessary:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »
Sadly I don't know

i'm not for drug testing these kids in the school. you can generally tell the users simply by how they interact with others, and how they act in general. it is the parents responsibility. they are the ones that need to get their kids tested if it's going to happen. either that, or the parents will have to foot the bill if the kids are getting tested by the school.

while i'm not a parent(although i do have a step-daughter that i haven't seen in nearly 20 years), i have plenty of friends that are parents. the sad fact is that these days, parents either don't have the time, or are not willing to take the time with their kids. they use the school system as a daycare center. with this attitude, there will never be a cure to this problem.

i've lost 3 friends over the last 30 years, due to drugs. they all died after graduation though. one drowned in the bathtub, after od'ing on heroine, and passing out....face first into the water. another was high as a kite, and stepped out on laurel rd directly in front of a car doing about 45. the other simply od'd.

none of us like it...........

and every time i see things like this, i thank god my grand parents were the way they were. it's ashame they're not still here for me to thank them.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 04:49:41 PM »
I live in a small town population about 1500 people our school has a total if 1000 kids(this is ecause we share wit a town just a few miles away). In the past year 8 kids in our grade alone have passed away two of which were my best friends. The eighth happened Lara night be cause she OD'd on some drug. My past two years of HS has been BS, is normal for highschool? Or the world is just F'ed up

Where are the parents? 

Yeah, for a small school of 1000 kids, yes thats a bit high. Granted I went to high school over 15 years ago and lots of kids experimented with drugs and drinking but I only remember 2 or 3 kids dying, and not directly from oding from drugs or drinking but from drinking and then driving. And the high-school I went to had over 1500 kids and was a public school in an urban area.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 04:52:38 PM »
I live in a small town population about 1500 people our school has a total if 1000 kids(this is ecause we share wit a town just a few miles away). In the past year 8 kids in our grade alone have passed away two of which were my best friends. The eighth happened Lara night be cause she OD'd on some drug. My past two years of HS has been BS, is normal for highschool? Or the world is just F'ed up

We have had 3 people commit suicide at my high-school this year.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 09:33:06 PM »
Unfortunately, it is a bit more common than most folks know.
Sometimes it can be especially bad, no matter where you are.
Just remember, as long as you hold their memory close, they can never truly be gone.

:salute
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 09:51:28 PM »
Unfortunately, it is a bit more common than most folks know.
Sometimes it can be especially bad, no matter where you are.
Just remember, as long as you hold their memory close, they can never truly be gone.

:salute
Deffinatly I got a couple things from my two friends...i have them in my bedroom
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »
jeez dude, I thought I had it bad.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 11:31:09 PM »
No it's not normal and drug use has blown off proportions. There needs to be more strict laws, every addict of hard narcotics should be subjected to a forced rehab cold turkey on first use violation. After first conviction mandatory drug testing every 3 months and cold turkey rehab for each new violation. Pot users etc. wouldn't suffer from rehab so they should just be imprisoned for the duration in separation naturally, not to get drugs from prison population.

One year program and drug use is guaranteed to reduce to a fraction.

Drugs have destroyed our communities. A few decades back you could walk the streets without worry. You could send your kids to travel by bus. Now the buses are full of alcoholics or junkies and the streets of any major city are a drug related robbery waiting to happen.

You cant fix stupid with laws. We should de-criminalize drugs. Even LEOs say that. Drugs are not the problem. Its the people that are broken.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.