Author Topic: Open letter  (Read 2721 times)

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Re: Open letter
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
Perfect Snailman  :salute
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 11:52:13 AM »
...... It's a small step from patriotism to fanaticism, even in a cartoon plane game.

There are a few players that take this waaaay beyond what most would consider healthy gaming if there is such a thing.....

:lol

Very good thread though.   :aok

:rofl :rofl
If you really want to see fireworks go off on country chan, make a mission that serves abosolutley NOTHING to the war cause and do it just for the sole purpose of having fun

Better yet, Join one and do nothing.............  :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:27:24 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »
Well put Snailman. (Image removed from quote.)

The same "furball" whines are on every side.  I spend most of my time defending (not slaying them left and right like you, but I do my part) and hear the exact same things almost every day.  In LWO, I am a nit because they are almost always numbers deficient.  Took a screenie of one of the rants:

(Image removed from quote.)

In LWB, I am mostly bishie and sometimes a rookie because they are numbers deficient (nits with numbers).  Here is a screenie of a bishie whine:

Wow, I didn't know knights captured a base! Break out the champaign.

The generals are only happy when you do everything they want and where they want it.  The "we suck" whines are not exactly endearing them to their countrymen.  :lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »
I think Samuel Beckett could have taken 1 hour of country channel chat logs and made a play out of it  :noid

From today:

A picture is worth a thousand tards.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »
Well put Snail.....It was a decent surprise to see RT' s on the Rooks... next time , take shukes back with ya ....j/k
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
<S> Snailman, Not happy your leaving the Knights cause now I have to watch me keester even more! So if for some gawd awful reason you find me and shoot me down, Atleast throw me a beer so I have something to drink on that long walk back to base  :cry

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »
But as in real life, stout loyalty can have a downside. It's a small step from patriotism to fanaticism, even in a cartoon plane game. The world is getting black & white, there is an excuse for everything, and everything out there is deeply rotten and hostile...

Wow.  Do you actually believe that?  If so I feel sorry for you.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »
<S> Snailman, Not happy your leaving the Knights cause now I have to watch me keester even more! So if for some gawd awful reason you find me and shoot me down, Atleast throw me a beer so I have something to drink on that long walk back to base  :cry

I'm not leaving anyone. Yesterday I was two times on Knightland, two times in Rookland and at last a Bish. Everybody get's his opportunity to kill me. Two days ago I most dweebily camped a spawn alongside Dr.7 (we made them stop upping quickly), last night he was killing me ad the same spawn over & over (and made ME stop upping  :cry  :lol)

A few more words in reaction to what was said in this thread:
It was no particular incidence that made me quit the rooks or anybody else. It's just a feeling of burnout. And not burning out on the game, but on the players, or better said a certain type of player. The type that seems to log in to freak out. Though I can't understand how you can log in literally every day to have a miserable time, but some players seem to really do. I don't mean an occasional  bad night full of frustration, we all do have those, and I'm guilty of having whined & complained myself too - and probably will be again.  I'm talking the guys that log on and the first thing they do is to start a rant. And with the rant comes misinformation, allegations and pure nonsense. (Yesterday one player blustering about arena setup came up with "facts" that had absolutely no connection to reality at all  :rolleyes:  I wish I get mature enough one day to be able to just ignore that stuff)

To some extend, I regret having used the "Mr. General" address, because it's truly not limited to them - it's just more prevalent in that type of players.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 11:50:38 PM »
Wow.  Do you actually believe that?  If so I feel sorry for you.

:huh
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:58:43 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2011, 03:46:31 AM »
There are a few players that take this waaaay beyond what most would consider healthy gaming if there is such a thing.....

:lol

Very good thread though.   :aok

Better yet, Join one and do nothing.............  :rofl :rofl
50 other freindlies in the area and you fly next to bombers "giving" their position away..shame on you :rofl :rofl :rofl :noid

Bless these guys that can get so immersed in this game that reality around them can be lost. I cant tell you how many times I caught myself talking to guys on vox about how I "flew" the K4, C2 or whatever like its real life and I have one parked in the driveway. Eventualy during the converstation, I wake up from the pixelated world and realize Im just a nerd behind a keyboard.

Some dont wake up. Its fricken funny watching these guys thinking they are Gen Patton chuggin through France shouting orders of listen to ME ME ME not for the goal of having fun for everyone around them, but only to satisfy their Napoleanic gene and gain conquest for their own self interest.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz