Author Topic: Open letter  (Read 2723 times)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
Re: Open letter
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
I don't worry about it anymore Lusche.  Sometimes I'm not even sure which chess piece I'm flying for from night to night.  Not enough time to fly to get caught up in it.  Gonna have fun where I can find it.

Regardless of which team wins the war, I know the sun comes up tomorrow, I'll still have to work to pay the bills,  I'll still want time with the Mrs., the kids still need looking after, the house taken cared of etc etc.  That's the only war I have to worry about winning :)

That little bit of time where I get to morph into CorkyJr with no responsibilty beyond cartoon 38 driving, is meant for fun and nothing else :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
"Take a shower," lol.
You too, you friday night scum sucking side switcher  :rofl
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 07:46:12 PM »
     DON'T LEAVE SLIMEY!!!!! I like you in green...hate you in red.  However, I think I'm pretty sure of whom you speak of on the Rook side. We were on at the same time the other night when he went on one of his tirades.  Saw the same thing when I was a Nit full time, and when I would do the monthly tour thing.  I used to love being called a traitor and side switcher. It made me laugh.
     Once when I was rotating countries one of the "generals" gave me a good browbeating for not clearing his six fast enough. After the nasty PMs were over he set up another mission.  I found out where it was going and sent a buddy on another country the info. The whine was priceless.  The moron was mouthing people off all over country even before I ratted out his mission.  When the 10-15 cons were perched above his ingress route waiting for his NOE missun he prolly soiled himself.
     See ya when you are rook again Snail.  And stay off my six when you aren't.  :neener:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
You too, you friday night scum sucking side switcher  :rofl

Have to wash my ears out at least. Channel gets a little salty on Fridays now :)

Interfaith squad night tons of fun though, makes a nice change. Hope you boys are enjoying it as much as we are.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
Have to wash my ears out at least. Channel gets a little salty on Fridays now :)

Interfaith squad night tons of fun though, makes a nice change. Hope you boys are enjoying it as much as we are.
Well hose Tom down prior to your arrival next week  :rofl

Im happy we started this. Ill speak on behalf of the squad that having you guys on vox doing ops has brought a great freshness to the game. I hope we keep it up

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:44 PM »
[HIJACK]That boy would make a truck driver blush[/HIJACK]

Well hose Tom down prior to your arrival next week  :rofl

EDIT:  You are coming to us next week you female dog!!!   :salute
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:22:33 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 09:19:28 PM »
Dear Mr. General,

I tried.

I stayed loyal to your AH country for 44 days now. High ENY, low ENY, hording or being horded. I was killing the enemy left and right to the benefit of flag & countrymen. I even stayed in the arena  and defended our turf when you where "getting sick of all that defense" and went to the other arena, where we had the numbers and the horde on our side.

But I can't bear it anymore.

Why is it that those who do expect that kind of loyalty make it so hard to stay loyal to them? Does it really rally the fighting spirits if you tell everybody how much "WE SUCK" ... six times an hour?
Don't you feel silly when happily taking advantage of a huge battle the other two countries have, to grab a few undefended bases - yet one hour later, when the tide has turned, you yell "THEY NEVER FIGHT EACH OTHER!". You have no problems ignoring the enemy's ENY limit, because you do notice ENY only when it hurts us. But then of course it's all clear: "THEY NEVER HAVE ENY LIKE WE DO". And yes, Sir, there is a difference between relative and absolute numbers. 50 to 30 is something different than 150 to 130, even if it's both 20 players difference. Do you really believe that certain squads over there make half their members log off with the sole purpose to screw our ENY or ease their own?
Do you actually expect answers on ever repeating questions like "Why is A100 not porked?" Do you realize that if you say "Why did nobody defend V34? We are such a joke!", you are part of the joke yourself?

If you constantly tell us how much better "they" are, how much better organized - do you think that helps? Obviously  your "Great Book of  Leadership and Motivation"  has only one single rule: "Insult, belittle, annoy your comrades until they follow your orders!"
Victory through negativity? Does constant whining really increase the number of your minions?

I for one have enough of this.
No matter how many goons or M3's I kill, how many noes I bust or how many bombers never dropped their load on our CV, I'm still a lame furballer to you because I didn't follow any of your other orders or even questioned your strategic genius when I dared to think an enemy airbase near our HQ is more important than some remote Vbase that spawns nowhere.
So if I'm taking flak just for being on your side and part of "this bunch of losers", then I can resort to my old side switching ways again. You can't be pleased anyway.
So nice people on all sides can again expect my help when I happen to be on their side. I will be loyal to what ever chesspiece I'm on at the moment, but when the whiners take over the countrychannel again and my squelch filter is filling up, I'm gone again.

February 2011, Rookland, Bish Embassy

Snailman  :bolt:

P.S. Do you know you have an evil twin "over there" who also believes "their CV's take more ords to sink, their tanks have thicker armor and they can shoot through hills"? It's just that he thinks it's his side that HiTech and AH is biased against. Amazing, isn't it?

See ya busting your 20+ NOE! Slurp!  :P

My sentiments exactly.    These "Desktop Generals" berate the players and get pissed when people DO NOT HELP THEM.    I find most of the "appointed Desktop Generals" to be very sub-par these days.    I miss the days of ROCSTAR3 and upping specifically to shoot some of his mission participants down.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »
Just to make clear -

I do not have any problems with players that are loyal to their team for years. I fully accept when somebody does not find any appeal in changing sides. I do understand when palyers like to have a goal beyond simply shooting each other down, it can create very diverse and exciting combat situations. Heck, I still deem myself being a kind of "strategic" player. As an old wargamer,  like when someone actually has an eye for strategy and a golden hand for operational tactics and tkes operations beyond the simple fureball. I would even play a much more war-centered version of AH.

But as in real life, stout loyalty can have a downside. It's a small step from patriotism to fanaticism, even in a cartoon plane game. The world is getting black & white, there is an excuse for everything, and everything out there is deeply rotten and hostile, be it the other chesspiece, dissenters on your side or even Hitech, who we all know to favor Bish (or was ir Rooks? Knights?). The enemy always has less ENY, flies higher and generally hordes (while our hordes are called "Great teamwork everybody! WTG on that capture!")

The thing I will never understand: How can someone play a game designed by a biased company, full of cheaters, haxxors, traitors, spies, on a team that totally sucks.. for several hours each day?  :headscratch: How can you hope to motivate your team by constantly insulting them? oh wait... I once had a boss in real life that thought the same way  :uhoh

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:36:05 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »
Whether you realize or not based on the text in this thread, we recently started "traveling" to hang with our former Bish Brothers, the LynchMobRT is Bishop, and will always be, but I will say that the Rooks are a reasonably decent bunch of folk.   :aok

Just to make clear -

I do not have any problems with players that are loyal to their team

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:15 AM »

But as in real life, stout loyalty can have a downside. It's a small step from patriotism to fanaticism, even in a cartoon plane game. The world is getting black & white, there is an excuse for everything, and everything out there is deeply rotten and hostile, be it the other chesspiece, dissenters on your side or even Hitech, who we all know to favor Bish (or was ir Rooks? Knights?). The enemy always has less ENY, flies higher and generally hordes (while our hordes are called "Great teamwork everybody! WTG on that capture!")

It can have an upside to gameplay as well as a downside. We all know the feeling of being with a "team" and accomplishing something can be very rewarding, but I feel as though some guys get WAYYY too immersed in this game that deminshia starts kicking in. (Gotta admit that guy was funny Lusche..screaming of a base flashing on both fronts minutes after reset and pointing out how nits/bish target rooks :rofl :rofl)

The sad part is that this paranoia can be very infectious to where new guys may see some truth to these claims not knowing any better. Guppy had an ingenious proposal to see what would happen and what the attitude would be on the players if we just changed the names of the countries every so often. I think it would be great, after all we are a community overall and not 3 seperate ones. The saving grace in the subject of the thread is that there are a few mouthy diehards in the game that we have to deal with

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »
My sentiments exactly.    These "Desktop Generals" berate the players and get pissed when people DO NOT HELP THEM.    I find most of the "appointed Desktop Generals" to be very sub-par these days.    I miss the days of ROCSTAR3 and upping specifically to shoot some of his mission participants down.   

:rofl :rofl
If you really want to see fireworks go off on country chan, make a mission that serves abosolutley NOTHING to the war cause and do it just for the sole purpose of having fun

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 03:24:45 PM »
I have been playing with same squad and  country since joining the game. Recently quit my squad and started playing alone on the Rook, Bish  and Knit sides when numbers are lowest . I have enjoyed seeing and playing the game from a different perspective other than Bishop..  I think more squads, players should be open to changing countries from time to time. I found that endless nonstop base taking for 1.5 years can get boring after awhile..

Logged into the Knit country last week, and in less than 10 minutes a Bish came on to call me a traitor for leaving my squad and going Knit. I am not a Knit, Bish or Rook now. I play on any side I want..   Why is it not possible to change countries and play on the side with the lowest numbers without getting called a traitor? Some guys take this stuff way too seriously. LOL :salute
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:27:50 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »
  Why is it not possible to change countries and play on the side with the lowest numbers without getting called a traitor? Some guys take this stuff way too seriously. LOL :salute
The answer is simple. Switching countries makes you a ZOMG SP1311!!!!!!!!
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »
<<---Self admitted country switcher. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver