Author Topic: a quickie  (Read 656 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
a quickie
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »
no!! not what you're thinking.  :rofl

i walked out the flight line to my p-38g. some guy in a SAPP uniform that i'd never seen before comes running up to me yelling. CAP!! here!! they told me to give this to you.
 what is it? i asked him? he replies i dunno. they just told me to give it to ya, and to tell ya to plug it into your spare headset jack.

they didn't tell you anything? nosir he replies. i look at it. it has 2 weirdly shaped arms, and 3 little shiny round things. it feels kinda flimsy, are they sure it'll hold up in combat? and where do i mount it? he says they said to mount it to my headset.
 i figure what the hell? it must be something to help me against the enemy, so i mount it up on the left side of my headset, and plug them both in. in hindsight, the fact that he kept saying "they" rather than using a name should've been a warning.

i roll down the runway in my trusty p-38 lighting....the cadillac of the skies in my opinion. climb out to angels 10, on a solo patrol up the slot. there wasn't supposed to me too much going on, and the weather was beautiful.

then i see it....a flicker out at my 9 o'clock, co-alt. i jettisoned my external tanks, and turned into the con. we merged, and passed close. it was a zero. these things are nimble, but a p-38 flown right is more than a match for them.
 it looks like i got him....he's rolling, i'm chopping throttles to stay behind him......

suddenly, i don't see him. i swing my head around looking for him, but something's going weird. views that are normally good are weirded out now. what the hell happened? wait!! there he is!! but........CRAP! he's coming right at me! i stand o the rudder, and we pass within mere feet of each other, his guns blazing.......

i try to look over my shoulder as he passes, but dammit!! i can't see him again!! who the hell put that dam headrest there?! gonna give those ground guys a piece of my mind when i get back.
 dam!! there he is, comin down on my 6 hard.......i try to pull up out of his guns.....

i was too late though......

so i turned on the #1 smoke machine(it uses extra engine oil for the added benefit of smearing his windscreen), and tried throwing parts at him......

it was then that i realized that i didn't have any extra engine oil, and that i needed those particular parts that i threw at him. next time i'll throw a high heel at him instead.

my ride down in the chute was a long one. it gave me time to think. that guy i've never seen before.........he HAD to have been a muppet. they've been jealous of us SAPP guys for awhile now. i think they envy our extra engines.

i'll be having a chat with our security chief about this.  :devil

thanks to crazy for the ahem......"help", and for the 1-1 fights and screenies.  :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Re: a quickie
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
was a fun night Cap

Good Shots was wondering what it looked like from your end  :devil :devil :devil

:salute
Crazy8s
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »
was a fun night Cap

Good Shots was wondering what it looked like from your end  :devil :devil :devil

:salute
Crazy8s

it didn't look that good frm my end during the fight. i hardly saw ya at all.

in the film viewer, if you're using trackir, the view never changes, so what i did was to slow the film down during the fight, and when i got to a shot i wanted, i set the speed to 0, made the screen shot, then continued  it.
 this was partly for squiggie too.....he wanted one where i lost.  :devil :bolt: :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »
lol no problem still was a fun night waiting to meet up with ya again  :devil :devil

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »
i'll try to be on tonight if i can, so i can fly the wildcat again...........not sure though. i've got a lot of extra cleaning around the shop to do, and may be wiped out when i get home.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:29:31 PM »
working til tomorrow night so i will not be in tonight

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »
With a title like 'A Quickie' you'd think there'd be a sheep involved round here. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 01:45:16 PM »
With a title like 'A Quickie' you'd think there'd be a sheep involved round here. 
no way, cap and crazy are keeping that stuff...in the dark...so to speak...  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 01:53:42 PM »
lol you guys are sick puppies maybe thats why i keep coming back to the AvA these are just follow up shots from my original post Caps Training night with track ir hahahahaha he was dizzy from that track thing and I had about 6 rum n cokes more rum then coke to get the same effect he was going thru during the fight

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Hey Cap, I assume that you're still having trouble with the straight 6 view?  For me personally, I have to lean a bit to that side and turn my head to get around the headrests.  It works great and I don't even notice doing it anymore.  In a Mustang or Jug for example, when I do that I can see to the side of and behind the headrest.  I can see all the radio equipment in the pony even.  Just a little lean and your normal head turn to look back.  Give that a shot.  Think about backing a car up that has a giant headrest, you'd have to lean a bit and turn your head both to look back there. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »
here is the original post and this is Cap view of the fight but i like the shots from his end of the film

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,305827.0.html

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »
lol you guys are sick puppies maybe thats why i keep coming back to the AvA these are just follow up shots from my original post Caps Training night with track ir hahahahaha he was dizzy from that track thing and I had about 6 rum n cokes more rum then coke to get the same effect he was going thru during the fight

when you told me that, i almost turned it off, just to mess with ya..... :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"