Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 9539 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 10:36:55 AM »
er here it is  :o

I can only  my own experiences on this one and the conclussions I drew. About 2 tours ago I got around 4.5 :1 KD in the Spit 14. Its a perked ride and that sort of K/D for me requires allot of caution and I leaned heavily on my more agressive squaddies. At the first pinch from anything looking like a gang, or a bit turney or a bit tasty I switched on the after burners and went up out of harms way. So I got better at SA, winging and picking etc during the month but at the end of it my ACM's had gone nowhere. The approach of itself on its own can lead into a few dead ends along the way and some grief from the other side on 200.

Since LD won SDL last year I reckon from a team play aspect you were the best squad in the game last year (in SDL) Your rise in the event was meteoric and it burned a few people close to home. Going forward you may I say may and only possibly and with respect of course need now to strengthen the individual links. In the process you might be even more fun than you are already for the rest of us.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »
er here it is  :o

I can only  my own experiences on this one and the conclussions I drew. About 2 tours ago I got around 4.5 :1 KD in the Spit 14. Its a perked ride and that sort of K/D for me requires allot of caution and I leaned heavily on my more agressive squaddies. At the first pinch from anything looking like a gang, or a bit turney or a bit tasty I switched on the after burners and went up out of harms way. So I got better at SA, winging and picking etc during the month but at the end of it my ACM's had gone nowhere. The approach of itself on its own can lead into a few dead ends along the way and some grief from the other side on 200.

Since LD won SDL last year I reckon from a team play aspect you were the best squad in the game last year (in SDL) Your rise in the event was meteoric and it burned a few people close to home. Going forward you may I say may and only possibly and with respect of course need now to strengthen the idividual links. In the process you might be even more fun than you are already for the rest of us.

well,

i maybe can explain it, we play different styles inside MA and DA or even scenarios

inside the main we fly and fight and still having the rtb option on our mind, or even in scenarios we try to create a situation with and advantage, following the old fighter ace rule, if you didn't found yourself in a better position of the con, you have done something wrong! Yes, and for sure, climbing up to 20 k in a f4u 1a is not everyones fav, but in this way we have some time to talk trash, when engaged we are back in brevity code talk. We are just focused doing good as a group, if another LD get the kill, its allright for you. there are some more secrets, but all i can tell is lube and shame  :D

SDL is totaly different, much more agressive, no advantage, same numbers same plane! the better team wins, pure teamplay, good SA skills needed to make it through. all we try is to build an overall picture, everyone throws in some puzzlepieces to make it happen
Like last match against the Pigs on the wings, we never lost a 190A8 match ever before, but the Pigs beat the hell out of us in that round, they build up a better overall situation at their side!
We didn't took our chances, and the pigs were concentrated and made some great shots. the overall match ended 3:2 for LD , but it was 2:1 during the match for the pigs. You never can get more adrenaline like in such a situation, i personal loved the situation that we were faced with loosing this SDL match. SDL is for us like esports, its a drug! therefore, snappy Salute to the Pigs again! but you can't play it that way inside the MA, because therefore you need to fly constantly LA7 of spit16, both are some kind of "no go" for us

:salute
dhyran
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:58:19 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2011, 11:04:30 AM »
can i join waystin ?  ;)  :cheers:
You might as well.  Because as soon as I read this:
Not meant to be offensive or troll just saying.
I knew this thread was not gonna amount to much.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
yarbles wtf is wrong with you  :bhead you know how many BBS warriors are on here but yet you challenge them anyway leave the lemmings alone  :rolleyes:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
...We will never assault any player neither another Loose Deuce nor a stranger in public....

LD assaults me all the time with bullets, just saying. Only thing I don't like is that I rarely get to fight a LD 1v1. When I do get the chance it's almost always a quality fight, especially with 4brkfast.  You guys are good at what you do for sure.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 11:21:21 AM »
yarbles wtf is wrong with you  :bhead you know how many BBS warriors are on here but yet you challenge them anyway leave the lemmings alone  :rolleyes:

:headscratch: I feel it has all turned out nicely though the OP was too provocative.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
:headscratch: I feel it has all turned out nicely though the OP was too provocative.
my donut if they cant understand where you are coming from they are eating it up just  ignore them.This was not the place for it yarbs pms next time man you know how these Warriors are  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:25:25 AM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »
well,

i maybe can explain it, we play different styles inside MA and DA or even scenarios

inside the main we fly and fight and still having the rtb option on our mind, or even in scenarios we try to create a situation with and advantage, following the old fighter ace rule, if you didn't found yourself in a better position of the con, you have done something wrong! Yes, and for sure, climbing up to 20 k in a f4u 1a is not everyones fav, but in this way we have some time to talk trash, when engaged we are back in brevity code talk. We are just focused doing good as a group, if another LD get the kill, its allright for you. there are some more secrets, but all i can tell is lube and shame  :D

SDL is totaly different, much more agressive, no advantage, same numbers same plane! the better team wins, pure teamplay, good SA skills needed to make it through. all we try is to build an overall picture, everyone throws in some puzzlepieces to make it happen
Like last match against the Pigs on the wings, we never lost a 190A8 match ever before, but the Pigs beat the hell out of us in that round, they build up a better overall situation at their side!
We didn't took our chances, and the pigs were concentrated and made some great shots. the overall match ended 3:2 for LD , but it was 2:1 during the match for the pigs. You never can get more adrenaline like in such a situation, i personal loved the situation that we were faced with loosing this SDL match. SDL is for us like esports, its a drug! therefore, snappy Salute to the Pigs again! but you can't play it that way inside the MA, because therefore you need to fly constantly LA7 of spit16, both are some kind of "no go" for us

dhyran

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Like me you only want to fly certain planes and that influnences the style of play of course. Now I understand better what you are doing I will look at it and obviously overcoming it with more interest.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:30:39 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »
my donut if they cant understand where you are coming from then ignore them.This was not the place for it yarbs pms next time man you know how these Warriors are  :rolleyes:

Yes but I am interested what others have to say on the subject as well. I don't feel people need to be so precious about the game. Ok I ve acknowledged it was too provocative but whatever you say their will be negative and positive responses and then its up to the individual to decide which to focus on. Sure I ve taken a bit of cricism but some certainly well deserved so what  :banana:  :old:

I don't think Dhryan and LDare going to be frothing over this tonight what anyone else wants to do is up to them  :neener:
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »

No one "takes your fun away".

You are responsible for your own fun.  Its no one elses concern.

:old:,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
but you can't play it that way inside the MA, because therefore you need to fly constantly LA7 of spit16, both are some kind of "no go" for us

hehe...i read this, then logged in and saw this! :)

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »

:rofl :aok :lol :D

Hope he has enough rope  ;)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2011, 11:42:59 AM »

No one "takes your fun away".

My wife has hidden the Gin  :huh
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:49:23 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:57 AM »
My wife has hidden the Gin  :huh

And this is a perfect example.  Rather than sitting here pining away for your lost gin, you need to take the initiative and go purchase more gin.  Further, you must make it abundantly clear that further gin disappearances will be met with sanctions.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11