Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 9545 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »
Not meant to be offensive or troll just saying.

I notice they tend to stay high one makes a pass then they are all back up high again. If you climb up to them and they can't kill you quickly they seem to back away and climb further but tend not to engage as readily as others.

Clearly its their choice and there is no right way of doing things but if they are in a fight rather than thinking either;

Great easy kills, or this will be dangerous but fun, I tend to think oh dear this could be a bit boring.

I am sure they are trying to perfect something and perhaps when they have it, it will be more exciting but currently it can seem like 5 or so guys perching high over a base and staying there. The best defence is often just stay low as it seems and they never get to you which I am sure is not the idea. Climbing up to them is often a bit like a waste of time as if you are on your own they get you and if you have anything like equal numbers they seem to just climb more and back away.

This is just my experience and perhaps some of my squaddies, do others have the same expeirience of this?

Just find a way to counter there moves. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2011, 11:59:45 AM »
hehe...i read this, then logged in and saw this! :)

:rofl

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »
:rofl :lol :rofl

Its all good fun when people don't take it too seriously.

No offence Dhryan I will try and work out what your up to if my tiny brain can comprehend it  :D

Maybe the point is to have fun when they fly together.  I know, having fun seems to be a forbidden thing in this game these days, damn the LD guys for trying to have some <shakes fist>.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2011, 12:24:49 PM »
And this is a perfect example.  Rather than sitting here pining away for your lost gin, you need to take the initiative and go purchase more gin.  Further, you must make it abundantly clear that further gin disappearances will be met with sanctions.

Wiley.

Its cheaper to just whine about it on here and you haven't met my wife  :cry

:rofl

Thats very unkind and opportunistic he didn't say they never fly the LA7 did he?
Just find a way to counter there moves.  

Oooooooooooooooof who is that in the picture with the ears on  :x
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:31:09 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
Many different people play the game for many different reasons.  learn where and how to get what you want out of it.  MA are and have always been FFA.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2011, 12:31:25 PM »
Good winging is an art form, much more complex and less defined in any given situation.  A lot of it is just pure instinct.  I respect quality teamwork in this game even if I am on the receiving end of it.  LD have proven they are elite in regards to this.  They cause severe irritance against their enemies and also won season 1 of the squad dueling league.   :cheers: LD.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
hehe...i read this, then logged in and saw this! :)

hahaha, you got me there!

we have to learn it for our upcoming SDL vs Rolling Thunder at next Sunday

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2011, 12:35:30 PM »
Its cheaper to just whine about it on here and you haven't met my wife  :cry

*sigh*  You've got to take command, sir.  Walk up to her, look her straight in the eye, and demand to know where your gin is in an assertive voice.  Do not break eye contact first, this is critical!  If she denies knowledge of it, repeat the demand, and add 'or else'.  The consequences should start with withholding something she likes, such as chocolate or money.

This will fix your problem, one way or the other.  Either you will have your pilfered gin returned to you, or this incident has a chance to initiate divorce proceedings.  Either way, you come out on top and can get back to your gin.

:D :bolt:

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2011, 12:35:39 PM »
Good winging is an art form, much more complex and less defined in any given situation.  A lot of it is just pure instinct.  I respect quality teamwork in this game even if I am on the receiving end of it.  LD have proven they are elite in regards to this.  They cause severe irritance against their enemies and also won season 1 of the squad dueling league.   :cheers: LD.

I can count on one hand how many true Wingmen I've had in 11 years of flying online.    

Instinctive knowing where and what i'm going to do next without having to say so on comms and vice versa.  It is most definitely an art form when done properly.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »

Thanks Sir!  :cheers:

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
I was winging with the LD only once, but was a lot of fun. Those guys rather sacrafice themselfes only to save their buddies. We should learn from them.
Salute LD
AoM
City of ice

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »

Oooooooooooooooof who is that in the picture with the ears on  :x

My wife, you dingus.  

All you need to do is see what they do as a teamwork.  Then try to find a way to counter their moves so that you last longer and make it harder to kill you.  LD are good stick, yes.  Been up against them a few times and recognized their flying.  Most of the time they will get me, however, i'll make them work harder for the kill.  

There is a plus side of the situation, better defensive ACM.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2011, 12:59:55 PM »
I was winging with the LD only once, but was a lot of fun. Those guys rather sacrafice themselfes only to save their buddies. We should learn from them.
Salute LD
Hehe, they fly smart, fly with great tactics.  :salute We never help out yarbles, or at least I don't (I like to hear his Awsome voice of his yell "help me, I'm down here!"  :lol :P
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
*sigh*  You've got to take command, sir.  Walk up to her, look her straight in the eye, and demand to know where your gin is in an assertive voice.  Do not break eye contact first, this is critical!  If she denies knowledge of it, repeat the demand, and add 'or else'.  The consequences should start with withholding something she likes, such as chocolate or money.

This will fix your problem, one way or the other.  Either you will have your pilfered gin returned to you, or this incident has a chance to initiate divorce proceedings.  Either way, you come out on top and can get back to your gin.

:D :bolt:

Wiley.

But keep in mind, that after enjoying said gin, don't bother approaching her for a little "slap and tickle"...  She is unlikely to be receptive.   :bolt:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
I had the pleasure of flying with Loose Deuce during my rotation event and I spent 2 weeks with them. They are good guys, based all over the world, and are becoming more and more involved with the game (which makes the game better for all).

They center their entire game-play around wingman tactics, which equates to great victories within the SDL. In the MA, this type of flying can quickly overwhelm scattered and disorganized furballs and can get frustrating for those on the receiving end of multiple attackers. That said, I wouldn't hold it against them, it just isn't my style of play. The few SAPP nights we have where everyone tends to work together is a good indicator I wouldn't like it on a long term basis, but I can understand the allure of it.

Every squad has winged together and worked cons mercilessly, to throw stones at anyone is hypocritical.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!