Author Topic: mouse  (Read 561 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
mouse
« on: February 19, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
can i get some help flying with mouse and tips flying with m,ouse my stick is broken :(

<S>
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: mouse
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:47:34 AM »
Maybe you should see a Doctor...  You know they have these little blue pills that "I am told" work wonders...    :bolt:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
Maybe you should see a Doctor...  You know they have these little blue pills that "I am told" work wonders...    :bolt:
:headscratch:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 10:11:42 AM »
Olds442 you set the mouse up the same way as you set up your joystick. Use H to toggle between mouse flight control and regular mouse use.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/Help-Section/Gettng-Started/joystick-configuration-information.html

PfactorDave consider the difference between the answer you got for your help request and the answer you gave for this one.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 10:17:08 AM »
Olds442 you set the mouse up the same way as you set up your joystick. Use H to toggle between mouse flight control and regular mouse use.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/Help-Section/Gettng-Started/joystick-configuration-information.html

PfactorDave consider the difference between the answer you got for your help request and the answer you gave for this one.

My apologies, a minor moment of snark struck me.  Hopefully Olds442 got the answer he needed.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 10:23:53 AM »
no i know how to set it up. just some tips from ppl who use mouses i just did b17run and got dmg and 1 kill just tips

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 10:34:53 AM »
If you want to have the same results with a mouse that you get with a joystick you need to practice a lot.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
Olds, im flying with a mouse, i had some success with it, but i have never flown with a joystick so i cant talk about differences. I THINK its isnt as hard, but will be more difficult to stall and aim with asd button-rudder, needs lot of practice, but its possible. The ACM is the same anyway  ;)

Edit: fire: left button, chech six: right button, throttle: roller, WEP: roller click. I use some damping to reduce my jerky movements and stick sirring, also a lil scaling for smoother aim. The key is the mouse sensitivity slider, try different setups to find the best.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:09:11 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »
Olds, im flying with a mouse, i had some success with it, but i have never flown with a joystick so i cant talk about differences. I THINK its isnt as hard, but will be more difficult to stall and aim with asd button-rudder, needs lot of practice, but its possible. The ACM is the same anyway  ;)

Edit: fire: left button, chech six: right button, throttle: roller, WEP: roller click. I use some damping to reduce my jerky movements and stick sirring, also a lil scaling for smoother aim. The key is the mouse sensitivity slider, try different setups to find the best.
well i only fly buffs so its ok

Offline thud123

• Zinc Member
      • Musketeers.org
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »
Olds, I occasionally fly offline or in the TA with a track pad on a Mac (when not booted to windows). I constantly seem to over correct.

My only tip would be: "Take it easy on the input!"

It's actually perty fun be able to fly around and shoot stuff on a laptop with no controlers. Now, I wonder when they'll come out with a version of AH for the ipad... 2 weeks?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I fly left handed when using trackpad/mouse. I'm better using views and polking keys with my right hand.

good luck,

-thud

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:49:30 PM by thud123 »